The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any Oberheim Two-Voice Pros in the wild yet?
Old 20th June 2014
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Gringo Starr's Avatar
 

Any Oberheim Two-Voice Pros in the wild yet?

I see on his site that it says "now shipping". But there doesn't seem to be any new youtube videos. So...

Any of you Sultz have this yet? This synth and the Macbeth Elements have my curiosity these days.
Old 20th June 2014
  #2
The two voices is on the very top of my whishing list ... would also love more demos ...


PEACE


MORDICUS
Old 20th June 2014
  #3
Lives for gear
 
NWSooner's Avatar
 

Last update I got from Sweetwater about my Two Voice Pro preorder was a couple weeks ago and they were saying August.
Old 20th June 2014
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Musicncars's Avatar
 

Guess, if they are now shipping......it's snail mail.
Old 20th June 2014
  #5
Gear Addict
 

There's a video somewhere of him dellvering one to a customer in LA>I AM on the list and was contacted in April. They asked if I wanted to wait for the midi update that would allow Midi to be updated via computer ( because if I did not they would ship it but I would have to ship it back for the update). I said I would prefer to wait and shortly after that the delivery video appeared. However, I still do not have an up
dated ETA so will contact Geoff next month
Old 20th June 2014
  #6
was told by a Canadian reseller that as the Oberheim Two Voice Pro are not mass-produced, there is a current expected wait time of 9-12 months before Canada will be seeing much of them
Old 21st June 2014
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Gringo Starr's Avatar
 

Well at least they're coming. I have a feeling this synth will be "The One" to have. It's spendy but I think it will be worth it. The new DSI Pro2 looks cool with all the bells and whistles but in the end, when you have a recorded track, this will be the one you want. That's just my opinion of course.
Old 21st June 2014
  #8
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 

None around these parts that I know of. There's also a sizable waiting list from what I hear.

I'd love to have one, but during the looooong waiting period, I managed to blow the "TVS Fund" twice -- first for a Micromac-D, then for a Voyager XL.
Old 21st June 2014 | Show parent
  #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
None around these parts that I know of. There's also a sizable waiting list from what I hear.

I'd love to have one, but during the looooong waiting period, I managed to blow the "TVS Fund" twice -- first for a Micromac-D, then for a Voyager XL.
three time's a charm
Old 27th June 2014
  #10
Gear Head
I ordered a S4V in january 2011; because the SO4V would not come to be but two versions of the TVS would, the shop changed it for me to a Two Voice Pro in june 2012.

Still waiting and they still can't tell me when it will ship
Old 27th June 2014
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Rude Talk's Avatar
 

it's a shame it takes so long. I know it's basically a one man company but I wish he would hire some people to produce more units and make a damn OBX or OB8
Old 27th June 2014 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Musicncars's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by triptolemos View Post
I ordered a S4V in january 2011; because the SO4V would not come to be but two versions of the TVS would, the shop changed it for me to a Two Voice Pro in june 2012.

Still waiting and they still can't tell me when it will ship
Why would they have a message on their website saying "now shipping", if they are not ready to ship? Strange.
Old 27th June 2014
  #13
in this april article
Oberheim Two Voice Pro – now shipping! | GreatSynthesizers
first paragraph
The first series of Tom Oberheim’s Two Voice Pro Synthesizer is now ready for delivery (a year later than expected). The small edition of 25 instruments is deteminated for the US market only. Musicians outside the US have to be patient. It’ll be fall 2014 (probably winter) to see the Two Voice Pro flying out worldwide
Old 28th June 2014 | Show parent
  #14
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwood View Post
in this april article
Oberheim Two Voice Pro – now shipping! | GreatSynthesizers
first paragraph
The first series of Tom Oberheim’s Two Voice Pro Synthesizer is now ready for delivery (a year later than expected). The small edition of 25 instruments is deteminated for the US market only. Musicians outside the US have to be patient. It’ll be fall 2014 (probably winter) to see the Two Voice Pro flying out worldwide

not what I'd like to hear, but thanks for the info
Old 28th June 2014
  #15
yep, np

from the Canadian distributor i emailed early June...
Waiting time would be in excess of 9-12 months +.
...but if you're in the US maybe it would be possible to snag one of the initial 25.
Old 28th June 2014 | Show parent
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Herr Weiss's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude Talk View Post
it's a shame it takes so long. I know it's basically a one man company but I wish he would hire some people to produce more units and make a damn OBX or OB8

I need a Job!!!


HW
Old 29th June 2014 | Show parent
  #17
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwood View Post
yep, np

from the Canadian distributor i emailed early June...
Waiting time would be in excess of 9-12 months +.
...but if you're in the US maybe it would be possible to snag one of the initial 25.
I sent Tom an email as well. Will post his reply.
Old 29th June 2014
  #18
Gear Addict
 
musicman666's Avatar
 

I would love to know what dave smith and tom talked about at moog fest ...
Old 29th June 2014 | Show parent
  #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman666 View Post
I would love to know what dave smith and tom talked about at moog fest ...
must be about their new OB-ProMo with x-mod, lo-hi-bandpass, 3 VCO (+sub/sine) per voice, and highly-routable velocity w/poly-aftertouch minikeys...
Old 29th June 2014 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Addict
 
musicman666's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwood View Post
must be about their new OB-ProMo with x-mod, lo-hi-bandpass, 3 VCO (+sub/sine) per voice, and highly-routable velocity w/poly-aftertouch minikeys...
I thought it might be more like ...."dave ..how do you manage to shift so much gear?"
Old 23rd September 2014
  #21
Here for the gear
 

Sweetwater says shipping in Sept...anyone get one of these yet? Still no real vids on youtube
Old 27th September 2014
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Gringo Starr's Avatar
 

Looks like they're in stock at Sweetwater. Really hoping some good user demos pop up soon.
Old 27th September 2014
  #23
Gear Addict
 

....what is that cable sticking out underneath the mod wheel section in those sweetwater pics?... geez you figure an official pic you would clean that up. Unless that comes standard heh ...sincerely "the jpeg police"

Tom Oberheim Two Voice Pro | Sweetwater.com
Old 27th September 2014
  #24
Gear Addict
 

I was told ( by Geoff from Tom) laye this week that mine is ready to ship. Just waiting for the trakc number at this point. I heard the run was 25 synths though..not sure, given that he is still producing them in his garage, whether he is going to be able to build in such numbers that a lot of dealers will get them. WHo knows, though that may have changed
Old 27th September 2014 | Show parent
  #25
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromex View Post
I was told ( by Geoff from Tom) laye this week that mine is ready to ship. Just waiting for the trakc number at this point. I heard the run was 25 synths though..not sure, given that he is still producing them in his garage, whether he is going to be able to build in such numbers that a lot of dealers will get them. WHo knows, though that may have changed
I'm sure Mr. Oberheim is wiser than we are and is making the right call on the small size of the run, although I'm sure you're referencing the logistics of getting one in your city/country/continent and having access to support and all that. I hope everyone that wants on can get one. From the pics the build quality and the price look very reasonable.
Old 28th September 2014
  #26
Gear Addict
 

Azone 2, yeah,-Again I have heard that number ( 25) but not from Tom or Geoff.. seems reasonable given the time between announcement and the first units going out and the fact that its a 2 person operation and that there is a very involved midi system for the 2 voice but I may have it wrong and Sweetwater's got 50 units or 0 for all I know
and i certainly hope that if he makes 25, 50 or 500 that they all sell
Old 28th September 2014
  #27
they'll sell.

it may not be instant given the price-tag, but they'll sell-out for sure for sure for sure. guaranteed... and i don't think it'll take long.
Old 28th September 2014 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azone2 View Post
....what is that cable sticking out underneath the mod wheel section in those sweetwater pics?... geez you figure an official pic you would clean that up. Unless that comes standard heh ...sincerely "the jpeg police"

Tom Oberheim Two Voice Pro | Sweetwater.com
LOL that's nice…

Just looks like it was hastily assembled…

But I've got some pictures of a guitar I bought there where in the photo they had a significant deleted part of the guitar for some reason.
Old 28th September 2014
  #29
Lives for gear
 
Grimbog's Avatar
 

Still wishing on the "Son Of 4Voice"... if that should ever see the light of day.
Old 28th September 2014
  #30
Lives for gear
 

Doubt it
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 157 views: 16770
Avatar for murphythecat87
murphythecat87 17th November 2010
replies: 6513 views: 738203
Avatar for JustAnybody
JustAnybody 1 week ago
replies: 251 views: 17680
Avatar for Coorec
Coorec 15th September 2018
replies: 4 views: 488
Avatar for error_trials
error_trials 5th June 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump