The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Memorymoog roll call.
Old 19th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exel ➡️
New MM owner with Lintronics mod checking in. Came with one crushed op-amp and some gunky buttons, got that fixed by a local tech in .nl.
My problem with Lintronics is he (Rudi) is an island, installing proprietary software while claiming his way is the only way to achieve tuning stability in a Memorymoog and it simply isn't true.

He doesn't use the new power supply that's available and documented in my below post and that power supply makes all the difference in stability. He recaps the stock supply which yet leaves the high heat which is bad for the synth.

His midi implementation is the best feature of his software but when he retires there is no way to replace his software with new proms. Those proms are vulnerable with the stock MM supply because the reset circuit in the MM was poorly designed and the stock supply does not adequately protect them in event of supply failure. If I were you I would consider having those proms imaged so you have a way back should anything bad ever happen since you now have proprietary software no one else has access to but Rudi.

I modified each of the voice cards by first replacing the cheap stock sockets with gold precision for the CV path along with new gold connectors for the S11 S12 chain(which the LAMM mod does not do) and recapped on each voice card. Some of this can be seen on my instagram photos. The further voice card mod which dramatically improves VCO tuning was designed by my friend Heinz who sells the supply he designed and builds. He plans on selling a voice card mod kit at some point in future, should such come to be in demand. Rudi does recap the voice cards in the LAMM mod but that can be done locally.

Respectfully, you should consider the new supply as this is the best protection for your synth because the new supply actively controls the reset and fully protects the Digital board even if the supply fails. Protection is built in. My opinion regarding the stock MM supply is even recapped it remains failure prone. The new supply ends the heat problem in the synth as the new supply runs hand warm, eliminating the need for the fan and heat sink.

I also think after shipping your synth to Germany for that expensive Lamm mod, your described buttons should not have come back, as you put it, "gunky".
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I tried to contact your friend Heinz regarding the new PSU which I would love to buy.
Can you help me to get in touch with him?
best regards
Firechild
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
U
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild ➡️
I tried to contact your friend Heinz regarding the new PSU which I would love to buy.
Can you help me to get in touch with him?
best regards
Firechild
Yes, but Heinz has asked I handle initial enquiries for him, meaning pre ordering questions of which I can answer all. He is very busy building supplies that have already been ordered and repairing vintage synths for his European clientele. At time of order you would be in direct contact with the master himself.

Please email me directly at [email protected]
Old 19th November 2015
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
In the words of the master.

"Many good techs fear
the Memorymoog as the devil fears holy water.
You must go very deep inside the MMs circuits and software to see what the
moog people did. They did it in an unconventional manner, never seen with any competitor".

Heinz Weierhorst.
Old 20th November 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
cc

Last edited by AuldLangSine; 13th January 2016 at 01:13 AM..
Old 20th November 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
On
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldLangSine ➡️
Is this the same power supply from Synthtaste?

MOOG @ SYNTHTASTE

I got a quote a year and half ago: about $1000 including installation.

Also a power supply for Roland Jupiter 8. Those run pretty hot, too.
Its revision 2 of the same supply sold direct to end users from the actual supply designer formerly of the company you mentioned above. That same supply is adaptable by the designer for Jupiters, Prophets, Chromas, Polymoogs and other synths.

Since you mentioned a quoted price, try €250 plus shipping fees from Germany for fully assembled, calibrated and a week burn in under load along with installation instructions. Regarding self installs, if you haven't done work inside the synth yourself before then pay a tech to remove the old supply, transformer, heatsink, fan and fuse. Four holes need to be drilled in the chassis. You will need to use acetone on the transformer screws to dissolve the screw sealant Moog used. A few easy (with care) top side of board modifications are done on the synth's digital board, ac power connects and ground are hooked up to the synth back panel. You'll need a perforated aluminum vent panel to cover the back panel heatsink space which you'll obtain yourself or purchase one at modest additional cost from the seller.

My email is in this thread for pre ordering questions and any needed info as Heinz is too busy building supplies and repairing vintage synths to answer general pre order queries so I do it for him. Ready to order emails will be forwarded on to him by me. Please use my email rather than PMs for a more expedient response, thanks.

Last edited by Atomicsynth; 20th November 2015 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Additional info added
Old 4th July 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, any news on the replacement power supply for the memorymoog last I heard the German guy stuff production?????
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I just had a memorymoog, that I had bought for parts, brought back from the dead, By synth_pro, Jareth Lackey. If you’ve never heard of him, and have a MM, you need to. Jareth, has to be one of the most competent techs I have met. He specializes in two of the most difficult synths ever built, the memorymoog and the polymoog. He is super busy. As you can imagine, but, he restored mine, And doesn’t cut corners. Maybe not the cheapest tech out there, but certainly, one of the most qualified. Highly recommended!
Old 22nd March 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Working on sorting one now.

For those interested, a replacement for the Beckman resistor array with matching specs is available as Vishay p/n TDP16031003BUF.
📝 Reply