The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Possibly interesting combinations of software synthesizers with hardware effects
Old 5th April 2014
Gear Head

Possibly interesting combinations of software synthesizers with hardware effects

Aside from my little cute Korg Monotron Delay, i´ve been working with software only for ten years.
I used to own a Korg MS-2000, but some bastards broke into my flate and stole it amongst other things. Didn´t have much time to play around with it.

What are possibly interesting combinations of software synthesizers with hardware effects to gain a better quality of sound compared to vst effects?
Old 5th April 2014
Lives for gear

sorry to hear about your break in.

I often process soft synths through various fx pedals, lots of fun, can become an expensive and addictive little hobby, especially once you get a taste for some of the boutique pedal market.

chorus/flange/phasing always sound better when performed by analogue devices, likewise delay and distortion (especially distortion).

reverb and compressor plugins feel more than up to the job these days, eq's not so much.

ring modulator pedals and eurorack filters are also a blast.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search