The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Elektron Overbridge Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Exciting!
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

what do the reps say?!?!
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Oh ****, that's nice...
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

well it looks like I'm finally going to have to find a basic DAW to act as a VST host, and I wouldn't know where the hell to start, been a Reason user for sooooooooo long now..
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

cheap windows surface 3 with its touchscreen~? ive got a £999 toshiba laptop with touchscreen & i love it

ok its not a mac. but i can twirl the knobs
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

I wonder it the software acts standalone as well...surely it would..??
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

the sign on the mac toolbar is just an 'E' - elektron logo ::

edit* - but with live next to it... hmm
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

isn't that LIVE just Ableton..dunno i don't own so don't know, it looks like it might be running in Ableton LIVE..??
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

thast what i mean - im PC, i dont know if you can tell from a mac toolbar if something is running or not. win would have live and overbridge highlighted.

i think its standalone, but dont quote me
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by otic View Post
learning basic functions of ableton and puredata should be standard for people doing electronic music. it'd be like a computer programmer needing to have a basic grasp of C.
I've never heard of puredata, will go look now and see..as for the rest of what you said I disagree..
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
learning basic functions of ableton and puredata should be standard for people doing electronic music. it'd be like a computer programmer needing to have a basic grasp of C.
Plenty of sucessful producers never touch ableton.

And most certainly never touch puredata.

NONSEQUITOR
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
puredata is the end result of *the* original computer music software developed in the 1950s. If you heard HAL sing Daisy in 2001, you can trace that lineage to pd. I am not championing ableton or pd as "what people should use" but its so widespread that at least being able to know what it can do/how it does it helps with working with other people/projects. I'm all for esotericism and finding your nuance.
cool..all good I agree, and thanks for the puredata info I went and read about it, reminds me of the fun days of using rubber duck and sound forge with Acid etc..as for Ableton, I'm sure if I was presented a computer running it I could find out how to use it within minutes, that however does not justify spending large amounts of money on it just to run something like Overbridge...

I'd prefer a free or shareware platform that was easy on the eye and very basic yet reliable..
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
"spending money" on ableton how quaint

tell you what, how bout you send me your copy instead then..
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz
I'd prefer a free or shareware platform that was easy on the eye and very basic yet reliable..
Reaper comes to mind.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

any AR os update?
an extra 'features' - other than the obvious control and record in- for AR and A4 via vsti/overbridge is the key question?
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

I second checking out reaper if you aren't into Ableton.

Also if you have bought an interface or midi controller, it probably came with a free version of some daw that you could host vst in.

That interface looks great. And it looks like it actually fits on the screen which for some reason seems to be a hard ask for vsts.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

The GUI sick on that VST.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

That gui is a pdf file, subject to change, but i love it and can't wait till it is done and out, can't wait to use my analog four with it though i get on alright without it, it just opens the door to many more possibilities plus a full four outputs to daw is nice
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:

I'm a person doing electronic music. I had never heard of puredata. I'm also a software developer full time for a large corporation. I don't have a basic grasp of C. These statements are rhetorical.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naugo View Post
Plenty of sucessful producers never touch ableton.

And most certainly never touch puredata.

NONSEQUITOR
name one
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Guy View Post
name one
Kanye West
Old 23rd January 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_effekt View Post
Kanye West
never heard of him
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
learning basic functions of ableton and puredata should be standard for people doing electronic music.
What a bizarre belief.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
To be honest with you, some of us are too busy making music with all this software and instruments.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry10 View Post
never heard of him
It's a fictional character of marvel universe.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
I'm a computer programmer and I never use C or Ableton for that matter, in fact I haven't had a computer in my studio for over 2 years (Unless you count my MPC1000?). Does this somehow make the music I do not electronic?
Old 23rd January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
That looks great, I'd probably use it as a bigger display when programming patches from the hardware itself!
Old 23rd January 2015
As an owner of the Machinedrum UW mk2 & Octatrack, I must say I feel a little underwhelmed. Why can`t they atleast make a simple vst midi-editor for the Machinedrum? Just so automation from the computer would be easier. All the midi-specs are there, it`s just for them to map it out into a plugin.
Old 23rd January 2015
Lives for gear

For this to be good that means that the converters inside have to be top-quality what about people now that are using Apogee converters and stuff like that they're going to have to switch to some unknown conversion happening inside the electron boxes
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search