The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Elektron Overbridge Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 21st April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beany View Post
No worries, still good for me as I can have it sequencing the Minitaur for bass and jam over the top with the Phatty.

Although I'm 75% I sure read a review saying it could control 2 external synths with the AB & CD CV/Gate Outs with some sort of splitter cable. Maybe it was the Keys, maybe I was dreaming/hoping lol...

OK I retract my earlier statement of error, I was in fact correct the first time around and you can sequence 2 external synths!

From Elektron's A4/AK FAQs:

Quote:
Even though there is just one dedicated CV sequencer track, the notes from any track can be the source of CV/Gate events, meaning that external synths can follow internal synth tracks. It is also possible for the FX track to host "hidden" notes which are not used by the effects, but instead for CV/Gate purposes – basically providing a second independent CV/Gate sequencer track in addition to the CV track.

You can for instance send two pairs of CV/Gate to two external analog synths. Or one pair of CV/Gate plus two extra CVs to sequence other parameters like filter cutoff and volume. Or four trig signals to start various events. Or four completely independent CVs. Or any combination in between. Your analog studio can finally be controlled in the most efficient way by the notes, patterns and powerful parameter locks of the Elektron sequencer - or via incoming MIDI.
Old 21st April 2014
Lives for gear

Excellent!!!
Old 2nd August 2014
Whatever happened to all this Overbridge business?

Is it going to be like Access where via USB, you control and stream audio?

I want to control via USB, but run the audio line in. It sounds like more of the same. Turning an analog synth into a digital one. Am I missing somethig?
Old 2nd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D View Post
Whatever happened to all this Overbridge business?

Is it going to be like Access where via USB, you control and stream audio?

I want to control via USB, but run the audio line in. It sounds like more of the same. Turning an analog synth into a digital one. Am I missing somethig?
It's scheduled towards the end of the year.

Yes it will be like the Virus VST. Albeit one that is analog until it hits the USB outputs of the synth.
Old 2nd August 2014
Lives for gear

it was supposed to be in August. So well see by the end of the month
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

I for one cannot wait for this to get out, will definitely be easier to streamline Elektron gear in the production process.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
No it has been scheduled for Q4 2014 since it was announced. (Source)

The A4/AK just had an OS update. (v1.1.1, released 11 July)
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, they said Q4 of 2014, so more like Oct-Dec. However, if you're aware of how far behind Elektron seem to be running this year, I doubt we will see it until Q1 or even Q2 of next year.

I just hope they can get it out soon so they can maybe put some resources into updating the Octatrack.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
No, they said Q4 of 2014, so more like Oct-Dec. However, if you're aware of how far behind Elektron seem to be running this year, I doubt we will see it until Q1 or even Q2 of next year.

I just hope they can get it out soon so they can maybe put some resources into updating the Octatrack.
I'm pretty sure during either the AK launch or Analog Rytm reveal that they specifically stated August as a goal.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naugo View Post
I'm pretty sure during either the AK launch or Analog Rytm reveal that they specifically stated August as a goal.
It was announced at Messe this year, expected at Q4. You can hear Cenk say it at 8:14 on the video in this link: MESSE 2014: Elektron Overbridge Links All Analog Machines to DAW (Video), Turns out the USB does have audio after all.. (Video) -Sonicstate.com

In a later video from this year, I think I actually heard him say the beginning of next year. I'll see if I can locate it.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
It was announced at Messe this year, expected at Q4. You can hear Cenk say it at 8:14 on the video in this link: MESSE 2014: Elektron Overbridge Links All Analog Machines to DAW (Video), Turns out the USB does have audio after all.. (Video) -Sonicstate.com

In a later video from this year, I think I actually heard him say the beginning of next year. I'll see if I can locate it.
Oh I know they've officially stated Q4, but before this, it was either when the Analog Keys was announced and the rytm was hiding in the box, or it was when the Rytm was announced, when they first announced Overbridge - I'm also certain that they were mentioning August as the goal for release. I don't think I would just make up a month out of nowhere for no reason, my foggy brain is telling me I read it in a gearslutz thread which could have just been misinformation...no way I can probably find it but anyway I am pretty sure that August was being discussed for a release date. Sucks that is has been pushed back but I don't think I'll even use it, I'm pretty happy with the hardware interface of my AK as is.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh I know they've officially stated Q4, but before this, it was either when the Analog Keys was announced and the rytm was hiding in the box, or it was when the Rytm was announced, when they first announced Overbridge - I'm also certain that they were mentioning August as the goal for release. I don't think I would just make up a month out of nowhere for no reason, my foggy brain is telling me I read it in a gearslutz thread which could have just been misinformation...no way I can probably find it but anyway I am pretty sure that August was being discussed for a release date. Sucks that is has been pushed back but I don't think I'll even use it, I'm pretty happy with the hardware interface of my AK as is.
It's been stated as Q4 2014 since it was announced. It's in the first press release, so nothing has been pushed back yet.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfell View Post
It's been stated as Q4 2014 since it was announced. It's in the first press release, so nothing has been pushed back yet.
Do you think me and another user are just making up August off the top of our heads? That would be a pretty incredible coincidence. I know it is stated for Q4 but I'm nearly certain that they also stated August as the goal. Anyway it really doesn't matter, I'm excited for whenever it gets here but it's not a necessity.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do you think me and another user are just making up August off the top of our heads? That would be a pretty incredible coincidence. I know it is stated for Q4 but I'm nearly certain that they also stated August as the goal. Anyway it really doesn't matter, I'm excited for whenever it gets here but it's not a necessity.
It could well be that it was said on some video at some point that it was August, but the official schedule has always been Q4 2014, and in videos I've seen Cenk from Elektron states it's scheduled for release by the end of the year, so nothing has been officially pushed back.

Maybe it was just a misunderstanding by both of you in the video you saw? It's the first I've heard an August date mentioned, either here, the Elektron forum, or any other music tech forum I've read it being discussed on, as I've been keeping as informed as I can about Overbridge as I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

I never remember hearing August. Interesting though. An update would be nice. It could be pushed back quite a bit, or come very soon. No way to tell as it is.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Well end of august/start of sept is Q4. So its due in less than a month
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Well end of august/start of sept is Q4.
no it's not.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well end of august/start of sept is Q4. So its due in less than a month
Oct-Dec is Q4 2014. So it's due out by the end of the year, not in less than a month.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Okay let's stop fighting about technicalities over the release date and get back to agreeing non the future awesomeness on overbridge
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Hi Guys, having just bought an A4/AR combination, I can't wait for this.

However, just so we're not all being hit with a horrid surprise, in terms of business Q4 is generally considered Jan-March in the UK, as the new financial year starts in April.

Not sure if the rest of the EU follow suit, but if so, this'd explain the 'early next year' some are reporting.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it! Wonder if it'll give you full sequencer control within the plug?
Old 3rd August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post

However, just so we're not all being hit with a horrid surprise, in terms of business Q4 is generally considered Jan-March in the UK, as the new financial year starts in April.

Not sure if the rest of the EU follow suit, but if so, this'd explain the 'early next year' some are reporting.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it! Wonder if it'll give you full sequencer control within the plug?
No, in the uk if something released to the public says Q4 then it means Oct-Dec. British businesses are not that daft to come and say to the public that "yeah, we'll release something in Q4" while referring to their financial year end. With a business able to set any year end date they like, Q4 could mean any date under that logic! Anyway, the point I'm making is that the Governments financial year and everyone else's calendar year are different or, more accurately, not necessarily the same. Sorry, just found this whole August, Q4 date chat amusing and had to wade in!

To be honest I had never heard august mentioned either, had always been Q4 from what I seen and heard. I suspect we'll see it February or March next year.
Old 3rd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post

Who's saying 'early next year'? Cenk says in the videos end of the year, so Q4 2014 in the calender year. They aren't referring to a fiscal year, especially considering the fiscal year is vastly different in different countries.
Old 5th August 2014
VST
Lives for gear

It's not hard to understand, the last quarter(Q4) is up to the end of year, in any country.
So we should chill until then.
Old 5th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstace View Post
It's not hard to understand, the last quarter(Q4) is up to the end of year, in any country.
So we should chill until then.
What no way dude, this is GS, all the fun is had in freaking out months before the release. [Freaking Out Intensifies] IT'S AUGUST ELEKTRON WHUR IS MAH OVERBRIDGE
Old 5th August 2014
Lives for gear

Wow.

A whole page of arguing about the release date, when Q4 starts, and the difference between years and fiscal years.

#JustGearslutzThings

Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

Sorry guys about the q4 august thing. Hopefully we will see it soon anyways.
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

i don't know when it will come out, but, i think it would be cool to take the laptop and the analog 4 and use just that to work on a track or two, i am looking forward to seeing how the layout the interface on the computer screen as well
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

I just watched the overbridge overview with Cenk and so theyre mono tracks, not stereo tracks. Also the effects will be fully accessible which is great because I love the effects in the nalog series. What i wanna know is whats the deal with the sequencer? Will the sequencer be able to trigger stuff in your daw? I ask because the reason there is no midi out in the a4 is because it uses no midi internally so to get midi out theyd have to put some kind of hack as there is no midi decoder or whatever you wanna call it. So I thought they would add it eventually but it doesnt look like it will ever. But then again there must be some midi "engine" as it will respond to CC? Thoughts?
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just watched the overbridge overview with Cenk and so theyre mono tracks, not stereo tracks. Also the effects will be fully accessible which is great because I love the effects in the nalog series. What i wanna know is whats the deal with the sequencer? Will the sequencer be able to trigger stuff in your daw? I ask because the reason there is no midi out in the a4 is because it uses no midi internally so to get midi out theyd have to put some kind of hack as there is no midi decoder or whatever you wanna call it. So I thought they would add it eventually but it doesnt look like it will ever. But then again there must be some midi "engine" as it will respond to CC? Thoughts?
Free CV --> Midi converters for everyone! Haha yea right.

Why can't they just use the USB port? The Keys work just fine sending midi... I'm sure they could find a way to convert the signal of the sequencer into midi notes and velocity pretty easily if they want to.
Old 6th August 2014
Quote:
What no way dude, this is GS, all the fun is had in freaking out months before the release. [Freaking Out Intensifies] IT'S AUGUST ELEKTRON WHUR IS MAH OVERBRIDGE
I think they already said that they won't have it in time for Q4 and so it will likely be ready early next year.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search