The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 6th September 2014
Gear Maniac

Hihat a have a nice tone. But other than that it's a POS
Old 6th September 2014
Lives for gear
$150 box but you need a $30.000 lab to make it sound nice?
Old 6th September 2014
Gear Maniac

£160 for a nice HH module with a sync box and CV/midi sequencer thrown in? Sweet! The other voices are a bonus, and I like the SN. The woodblock type voice is at least different. Obvious modding potential for cv and gate out too, I'll bet the PCB is labelled for such tinkering and it's self tuning.... Mmmmmm.
Old 7th September 2014
even farts sound divine through Devine's rig
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

lol, Arturia have reduced the price of their Sparkle

Arturia SparkLE Drum Machine | Andertons
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
lol, Arturia have reduced the price of their Sparkle

Arturia SparkLE Drum Machine | Andertons
Isn't that just a sampler?
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

it contains sampled drums from hundreds of machines
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
it contains sampled drums from hundreds of machines
Right, a drum sampler.

So why do you think the price drop is related?
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear
It's a drum rompler to be exact :p or at least a sample player Haha im so sensitive about this <3
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire View Post
Right, a drum sampler.

So why do you think the price drop is related?
I suspect it is, it was 200 in March
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

SparkLE is a USB MIDI controller, featuring pads and TR style sequencing.

It integrates (and comes) with Spark the beat making software that features samples, physical modeling, and a whole modular VA drum synth engine.

Rythm Wolf can be used as a MIDI controller, and it also features pads and TR style sequencing.

Although it does not come nor integrates with Spark, the beat making software that features samples, physical modeling, and a whole modular VA drum synth engine, it could likely be used with it.

Brief, very different products but seen as generic MIDI controllers they do overlap.

But since it's not the main selling point in both cases I wouldn't expect a price drop.
Old 8th September 2014
Gear Nut

Long shot here: I have a Volca Beats and Keys but no Bass. I was a little disappointed to learn that the Volca Keys did not have a step sequencer after I bought it. I am now looking into getting this instead of the Volca Bass, as this has Swing and I like the cymbals on this a lot better, despite the fact it has a smaller instruments pallets.

So is there any chance that I may be able to get this to sync with any of the Volca series is using the gate/trig in/out?
Old 8th September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swook View Post
Long shot here: I have a Volca Beats and Keys but no Bass. I was a little disappointed to learn that the Volca Keys did not have a step sequencer after I bought it. I am now looking into getting this instead of the Volca Bass, as this has Swing and I like the cymbals on this a lot better, despite the fact it has a smaller instruments pallets.

So is there any chance that I may be able to get this to sync with any of the Volca series is using the gate/trig in/out?
I'd say the chances are extremely good. My Volca Bass syncs well with the gate out on my Akai MAX25 and the trigger pulse out of various old analog drum machines.
Old 8th September 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swook View Post
Long shot here: I have a Volca Beats and Keys but no Bass. I was a little disappointed to learn that the Volca Keys did not have a step sequencer after I bought it.
huh...what do you mean it has no sequencer..?

Old 8th September 2014
Gear Nut

Good to know, as I'd like to continue to use the Keys and the additional toms and PCM of the Beats.

Quote:
step sequencer is what I meant.
Old 8th September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post

The Keys has a "loop sequencer" but it does not have step entry like the other Volcas.
Old 8th September 2014
Gear Addict
i was under the impression the volca keys had a 16 step sequencer like the bass :o
hmm thats actually kind of cool, i'd like a unquantised sequencer
Old 9th September 2014
Hey guys, so it's September 9th now. I've heard from Sweetwater that they were expecting the wolf to release on the 11th. But the person I dealt with said knowing Akai's track record that it would be delayed for quite a bit longer. I have a wolf on pre-order and so far I haven't heard or seen any info on the release date. Anyone hear or read anything????????
Old 9th September 2014
VST
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 View Post
Hey guys, so it's September 9th now. I've heard from Sweetwater that they were expecting the wolf to release on the 11th. But the person I dealt with said knowing Akai's track record that it would be delayed for quite a bit longer. I have a wolf on pre-order and so far I haven't heard or seen any info on the release date. Anyone hear or read anything????????
Old 9th September 2014
Gear Guru

9/16 wtf...??

that says sept 2016 where I live..???
Old 9th September 2014
Gear Addict

september 16th
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Old 10th September 2014
Gear Guru

big box for a little drum machine...
Old 10th September 2014
Just got an email earlier today from Guitar Center (pre-order) and it said in email they have a new expecting date of Sept 19th. Doesn't say if that's for release or when they'll actually get it in and delivered.

Anyone else get this email?
Old 10th September 2014
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
big box for a little drum machine...
Indeed. A lot bigger than I expected.

I figured it would be VHS tape size.
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.G View Post
It was new to me!

From the comments:
"Inside on the board you can find connections to manually add individual outs but I couldn't figure out what else would be possible."

Individual sounds:
Akai Rhythm Wolf (individual sounds demo) by colectivotriangular on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
Old 10th September 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.G View Post
awful drum sounds, the bass synth has some nice tones, must have a nice filter..

this site says Nov will be available > Akai Rhythm Wolf Analog Synth and Drum Machine at Gear4Music.com...

Features/Specifications

5-voice analog drum machine and synth: authentic analog design that references classic rhythm machines and synthesizers
Legendary analog drum sounds: kick, snare, open & closed hi-hat, and metallic percussion
Synth-bass module: selectable square or sawtooth wave with classic filter design for warm, deep basses and squelchy leads.
Onboard 32-step sequencer: classic drum machine workflow for quickly laying down grooves and melodies
Six genuine MPC pads: responsive controls for sequencing and finger drumming
Howl knob: custom distortion circuit for additional sound design
USB-MIDI and MIDI In/Out: flexible MIDI connectivity for easy integration into modern studios
Gate Trigger: triggering via modular synths, vintage sequencers, or external sound sources
Independent audio outputs: dedicated outputs for the drum machine and synth-bass module for precise mixing
Old 10th September 2014
Gear Guru

Just as big a delay releasing these things too..

Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

i didnt think it sounded that bad

for the money

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search