The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 2nd July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Damn....i really want to love this machine.But theres just something missing
The machine itself?
Old 3rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Today the Head of Akai fronted the media to apologise for the delay in the release of Rhythm Wolf, and explained some of the associated problems with it.
He was quite emotional.

Old 3rd July 2014
Gear Guru

LMAO...
Old 3rd July 2014
Lives for gear

LOL (!)(!)(!)

It's all good with the delay, but at least some demo sounds should be exposed...
Old 3rd July 2014
Gear Guru
Decided to hunt down an old Korg EM-1 instead
Old 5th July 2014
Gear Maniac

The guy from Akai should have mentioned the 'inbuilt delay'.
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchBass View Post
The guy from Akai should have mentioned the 'inbuilt delay'.
Even worse, what if there's a reverb; which is essentially a large number of delays ...
Old 7th July 2014
I'd say they are intentionally holding off on demos to build hype, look how successful the Aria hype was... still have hopes for this to be a cool little machine, can't beat the price anyways.
Old 7th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
I'd say they are intentionally holding off on demos to build hype, look how successful the Aria hype was... still have hopes for this to be a cool little machine, can't beat the price anyways.
Of course, that hype is long gone, 6 months later...
Old 7th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthio View Post
Of course, that hype is long gone, 6 months later...

Eh not really, lots of people in this thread still excited about it. I'd say they ran into production problems, cost based ones most likely... but who knows.
Old 7th July 2014
Gear Guru

I hate this thread with a passion, every time it goes back to the top you hope it's because someone has some news on it's actual release...

it NEVER happens...
Old 7th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
Eh not really, lots of people in this thread still excited about it. I'd say they ran into production problems, cost based ones most likely... but who knows.
would cost related production problems, prevent them from making the demos they said they would months ago from prototype units?

would cost related production problems prevent them from keeping their potential customers updated

Quote:
Roland had a website dedicated to Aria that they updated often, had recordings of sounds on it etc, showing a box with blinking LEDs at a trade show then saying and doing nothing about it for months is not building hype
Old 7th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Roland had a website dedicated to Aria that they updated often, had recordings of sounds on it etc, showing a box with blinking LEDs at a trade show then saying and doing nothing about it for months is not building hype
Roland did that with System 1, actually. They had pictures but no sounds. Then they waited to let anyone hear the 101 plugout. Meanwhile, the rest of the Aira line was already in stores.
Old 7th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enossified View Post
Roland did that with System 1, actually. They had pictures but no sounds. Then they waited to let anyone hear the 101 plugout. Meanwhile, the rest of the Aira line was already in stores.
actually Roland began teasing the System 1 in January and unveiled it in Mid Feb at the same time they also started making videos of it available

very very different than Akai who in mid March had a blinking box at a trade show, promised sound demos in about a week and months later have done nothing
Old 9th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjure View Post
Canceled my TR-8 preorder lol. I already have the samples put through a Fairchild, and a Maschine. I'll save $300 and get this. Amazing.

Same here...nice.
Old 9th July 2014
Lives for gear
$199 for an analog based drum machine/bass sequencer?

I could see this being stressful to a lot of people here on Gearslutz if we're hoping for this to be our MAIN source of beats and the answer to the now expensive classics...I hope it is...but if less than perfect I imaging that it will be somewhat useful too. Also because of it's very affordable price point there will be lots of younger and adventurous people unconcerned with emulating the classics that will just muscle it into something fresh and rad...
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

No doubt the Wolf would have its flaws at that price point, but surely could be coaxed into awesomeness. Seems more and more like vaporware at this point though.

Old 10th July 2014
Here for the gear
Shipment due to arrive on 01.09.2014 according to Thomann.de!

Akai Rhythm Wolf - Thomann Ireland

Last edited by Grahamdwc; 11th July 2014 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: merged
Old 11th July 2014
Gear Addict

Don't you guys understand that shipping dates of online retailers are *movable* and don't mean squat? They're set just close enough to get you to preorder. Don't come back here shouting "Damn!!! <online retailer> moved the shipping date back again! I'm sooo canceling my preorder" when the even the manufacturer has no clue when the thing will be heard and seen, let alone ship.
Old 11th July 2014
Gear Guru
Maybe... Just maybe before Christmas
Old 11th July 2014
They'll have to answer by the next trade show. i can see them getting flooded with questions at the next event if not.
Old 11th July 2014
Lives for gear

I actually am able to get sounds from the RW because I purchased the Denon AKDL1 cables before they were discontinued:

At $1000.00 they were expensive but definitely worth it, the reviews say it all:

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-De...ews/B000I1X6PM
Attached Thumbnails
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth-denon.jpg  
Old 12th July 2014
Lives for gear

This makes me hungry for a nice square sub.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

My super-secret insider source says they may be expanding to 3 models, like the Korg Volcas, but it seems like there may be a degree of overlap...

Old 17th July 2014
Gear Addict

Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Landing next winter...

Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomohawk42 View Post
Shipment due to arrive on 01.09.2014
But January 9th 2014 has already happened...
Old 17th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdss View Post
iif we're hoping for this to be our MAIN source of beats and the answer to the now expensive classics...I hope it is...but if less than perfect I imaging that it will be somewhat useful too. ..
i can see this thing being like volca beats
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Summer opens today, maybe we'll get an update from Akai...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search