The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by asynchro_nous View Post
Haha, nice
thankew.

C'mon Akai -- make a despairing internet forum's dream COME TRUE!
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

Akai sent me a beta unit, all I can say is it's truly awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth-img_7022-small.jpg  
Old 18th June 2014
Old 18th June 2014
Gear Addict

Just thought I'd check in - is there an audio demo of this yet?
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle View Post
Just thought I'd check in - is there an audio demo of this yet?
"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be."

- Edgar Allan Poe
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

Finally the demo they promised earlier this year !!!.... very hands on demo
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokut View Post
Finally the demo they promised earlier this year !!!.... very hands on demo
It rocks!!
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

SUPER WOLF - "Can Do It"
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

Akai is garb
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

I heard a rumor from a guy who heard another guy talking about something he overheard at NAMM about a rumor at musikmesse, that the janitor had heard the Akai guys talking in the mens room, about a story they had heard in the factory in China from two assembly workers who had heard a story from a guy in the R&D lab, where they had heard that one of the guys was working on a side project at home called "the Wolf". They heard this from the guys babysitter who also babysits one of the guys kids. Anyway this was confirmed by his uncle's, sister's, 2nd cousins, accountant's, cleaning lady's, plumber's, dentist so it has to be true. The reason why we have not heard any demos. is because they took analog modeling to new heights and used real analog circuits to emulate the drums on this track. So we don't really need a demo when we can listen to this

Old 19th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by asynchro_nous View Post
"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be."

- Edgar Allan Poe
hahaha. Yeah, alright
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

In the most recent Sonicstate.com podcast this week Nick Batt was fairly downbeat about Akai. (At Musikmesse he'd been told by a rep that "the engineers were working so hard to get it ready that they were up half the night and they just plugged it in wrong and it blew it up before the show." Of course, it's now been months since that claim with nothing to show anyone.)

Anyway, in this week's podcast in a discussion of DSI's yet-unreleased synth someone made a reference to Akai's Rhythm Wolf and Nick said, "… that mysterious Rhythm Wolf, that doesn't seem to have got past its 'We just need to give it some voicing and then it will be out with some demos.' And I wonder what's going on with that."

Robbie Bronnimann (Howard Jones's music guy) said, "August, isn't that when it's coming out?"

Nick replied, "I don't know, I don't believe anything they say, frankly. 'Cause they all just lied at Musikmesse…."

He dialed it back a bit after that, saying that maybe the rep at 'messe was only repeating what he'd been told.... but it certainly looks like Akai have to repair their rep with more than just some 'slutz on a forum or two.
Old 23rd June 2014
Gear Guru

he does say a week till sound demo's in the video doesn't he, and the awful joke-comments about the taco and the awkwardness that ensued directly afterwards between the two really...puuulease..
Old 23rd June 2014
Gear Addict

I think summer namm 14 we get more info/sounds.
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

clock dividing is a nice feature, cv i/o too, will be interesting to hear that klang percussion, 3 levels of velocity is nice, can't get over how low the cost is
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post

Nick replied, "I don't know, I don't believe anything they say, frankly. 'Cause they all just lied at Musikmesse…."

He dialed it back a bit after that, saying that maybe the rep at 'messe was only repeating what he'd been told.... but it certainly looks like Akai have to repair their rep with more than just some 'slutz on a forum or two.
all of this ill will, just because they had to try and steal Roland's thunder with the Aira
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

I'm going to wait for RW2. I hear it's coming out in the Fall, and will have the infamous Full Moon™ filter/fx.
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa View Post
I'm going to wait for RW2. I hear it's coming out in the Fall, and will have the infamous Full Moon™ filter/fx.
yeah that will get you many teenage fans
Attached Thumbnails
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth-full-moon-twilight-series-7120429-500-500.jpg  
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
he does say a week till sound demo's in the video doesn't he, and the awful joke-comments about the taco and the awkwardness that ensued directly afterwards between the two really...puuulease..
Quote:
March 12th, 2014:

"Uh... well, we had a hilarious accident involving uh... voltage rails and things like that before the show unfortunately but we will be having audio demos out. It's our top priority right now and in fact, we already have a video idea where we wanna have three Rhtyhm Wolfs running together. Each person's gonna be controlling their own bass synth. Maybe we'll pick a key. I dont' know. We're just gonna get crazy with 'em."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8BfDN16xBw&t=02m21s

"My goal is to, when I get back next week, is to have some sound demos playing. I wanna have a couple of them playing together. That kind of thing. And i really wanna do a video where we are tweaking out all the sounds so people can get an idea for the range."
"The video probably next week. It'll be in stores probably July. June or July, around there."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8BfDN16xBw&t=04m44s
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

The date on the quote is wrong. It should read: March 12th, 2015.
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Anyone into this?
Old 24th June 2014
Gear Head

Old 1st July 2014
Lives for gear

heh. Probably we will not see wolf ever..maybe if you go to the forest.
In thomann shop estimated delivery time now 09.01.2014. And this product gone already from akai site.

New Products : Akai Professional - Iconic music production gear, including the legendary MPC
Old 1st July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
heh. Probably we will not see wolf ever..maybe if you go to the forest.
In thomann shop estimated delivery time now 09.01.2014. And this product gone already from akai site.

New Products : Akai Professional - Iconic music production gear, including the legendary MPC
they took it down?
that is not a good sign, right?
Old 2nd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
they took it down?
that is not a good sign, right?
well. Nothing terribly happen. Just live still go on
Old 2nd July 2014
Gear Guru

Akai Pro....pfffft, all I see on their site link is a bunch of EDM toys, plastic fantastic rubbish...
Old 2nd July 2014
Lives for gear

Damn....i really want to love this machine.But theres just something missing
Old 2nd July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
well. Nothing terribly happen. Just live still go on
no akai pro brand fracture?
Old 2nd July 2014
Here for the gear

DV247 has been updated too, saying it's due in September... The dream is still alive!
Old 2nd July 2014
Gear Guru

I think title of the thread is a tad misleading...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search