The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 25th May 2014
Old 27th May 2014
Lives for gear
so it was just a hoax?
if not, did they mention which machine(s) it will be based on?
Old 27th May 2014
Gear Addict

The comments about it being a hoax are the feedback loop from posters here escalating each other. Akai certainly hasn't said it's a hoax.

They also haven't said it was based on anything else, althought I'd assume it would be informed by other analog bass and drum synths, and stand alone sequencers.
Old 27th May 2014
Lives for gear
ok, thanks.
Old 27th May 2014
Lives for gear

Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

I want to believe
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
The comments about it being a hoax are the feedback loop from posters here escalating each other. Akai certainly hasn't said it's a hoax.

They also haven't said it was based on anything else, althought I'd assume it would be informed by other analog bass and drum synths, and stand alone sequencers.
Well if it's a hoax, there's music shops listing it in their catalogs:

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/AKA-RHYTHMWOLF

and just incase they take this page down - I've screen shot it

:D :D :D
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

$300? Wasn't the street price initially told to be $200?
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Australia mate - we get shafted down here - freight costs, taxes, our dollar (0.90 USD) + other excuses = we pay more
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
Australia mate - we get shafted down here - freight costs, taxes, our dollar (0.90 USD) + other excuses = we pay more
Ahh, but I see so many modular goodies coming from your country at such nice rates! Cases, modules, MFB. What gives?
Old 28th May 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyas View Post
Ahh, but I see so many modular goodies coming from your country at such nice rates! Cases, modules, MFB. What gives?
MFB = Manfred Fricke Berlin = Germany
Old 28th May 2014
Gear Guru

Sound Devices down in Sussex street Sydney CBD also have it listed in their shop catalogue..
Old 28th May 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
There are more modular bits n pieces, modules, cases, rails etc on e-bay Australia than other general keyboard style synths...refine your search to just synthesisers on e-bay au and you get pages n pages of modular gear..
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Didn't they say it'd be out in September? Or was that some other synth?
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear
it is not a hoax as akai has a pdf press release up.
some more info or a demo by now would be nice.
i will not order before i know what it will sound like nomatter how low the price.

edit:
no real wood? what?
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have no idea, probably the government loading on insane taxes for importing - but making it easy for companies to export? yeah that sounds approximately accurate

I'm also guessing the distributors are being a little greedy too.
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
it is not a hoax as akai has a pdf press release up.
companies release fake press releases all the time, especially when they can steal thunder away from a competitor. Akai did this to steal thunder away from Roland

they had a meeting before Musikmesse 2014 and realized that with Roland's new product they had nothng of interest to show, so they came out with a plastic box that didn't do anything but light up with some LEDs and claimed they had an analog drum machine for $199

now that the show is over it will never see the light of day
Old 28th May 2014
Gear Addict

You guys are seriously saying Akai are just hoaxing this to give Roland less attention at Musikmesse? You can order one now through a number of online shops. Proof that it's making its way through the pipeline.

There's no conspiracy going on, just delays.

Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

If I was a marketing student in college, I think this would be a terrific example of how to NOT release a product ...
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

That's really fantastic news ... !!!

Now where are the demos?
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
they had a meeting before Musikmesse 2014 and realized that with Roland's new product they had nothng of interest to show, so they came out with a plastic box that didn't do anything but light up with some LEDs and claimed they had an analog drum machine for $199
hey grasspike,
i can see the above, but the below? not really.

Quote:
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
companies release fake press releases all the time, especially when they can steal thunder away from a competitor. Akai did this to steal thunder away from Roland

Good god, not you too. Soon enough you'll start spouting Roland analog conspiracy theories...
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxadax View Post
You guys are seriously saying Akai are just hoaxing this to give Roland less attention at Musikmesse?
Not everybody wears a tinfoil hat here, now
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Over 1500 posts in this thread and over 130,000 views.

You people are silly.
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTByrd View Post
Over 1500 posts in this thread and over 130,000 views.

You people are silly.
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwood View Post
wow...

back on earth, Akai and retailers are saying the Akai Rhythm Wolf will be available in Fall 2014:
back at musikmesse it was done, and they had a working unit that got fried due to an electrical issue but were going to have demos out in a weeks time, and have the units ship in June

none of that happened, even if you have production issues that delay the release for months, you could still do your demo release a youtube video or two etc.

The unit on display at Musikmesse will never see the light of day, because it was just a plastic box with some LEDs, they announced it WAY to early to steal thunder away from Roland,

Now they are using the shipping date of Fall 2014, which means anytime between late September, and late December, if it doesn't get pushed back again.

So they either scrapped the whole idea of the first one and started over from scratch, or they never had one in the first place and were just starting out from scratch

In any case why announce it at musikmesse?
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:

In any case why announce it at musikmesse?
can not argue with the above.
Old 28th May 2014
Nrt
Lives for gear

BTW, AKAI is owned and run by Chinese in Macau or HongKong (the same guys who bought Nakamichi) as far as I know. They are not Japanese company anymore since 2000 and almost zero Japanese employee. Only the brand name remains. There is a controversy regarding Akai and this company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Holdings

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search