The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

Rhythm wolf, Little wolf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrnpDk6TdXo

chrissugar
Old 7th May 2014
Here for the gear

when are they gonna unveil its sound???
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

At least it's fat ... I mean, generously proportioned in the sound area ...
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

Careful, don't make the wolf angry...

Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

Hi again thread, still no audio demo? Very well.
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Addict
Bonjour

The interweb tells me that I should be able to buy this in early July,so presumably there will be some sounds to hear soon..ish. I was sort of interested but as this is basically never getting released I pre-ordered a TR8.

But then the shop has sold too many TR8's for the amount ordered in, so aren't sure when the next batch will be in, so I shan't be getting one of these any time quickly.

So no drum machine for me.
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

So at this late stage the only question is the extent Akai were lying.

Did they have a working prototype, but it sounded cheaper than the Volca Beats?

Or did the box they unveiled even contain any proper electronic circuits at all?
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Addict

If we all could stop posting scheiße in this thread until there are actual updates from Akai...

That would be g'rrrrreeat.
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Guru

You often get the feeling these companies show what they could or might do, (an empty box basically) just to see the reaction from the industry, then either go off and manufacture it...or not.
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoinkel View Post
If we all could stop posting scheiße in this thread until there are actual updates from Akai...

That would be g'rrrrreeat.
What difference does it make? This entire thread is scheiße ...

When the audio demos are out, you will know ...

(Akai would rather appreciate, I'd think, a separate thread when the demos come out ... But somehow I don't think this thread is going to die ... )
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubarSnafu View Post
So at this late stage the only question is the extent Akai were lying.

Did they have a working prototype, but it sounded cheaper than the Volca Beats?

Or did the box they unveiled even contain any proper electronic circuits at all?
You should stage a protest at their headquarters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
You often get the feeling these companies show what they could or might do, (an empty box basically) just to see the reaction from the industry, then either go off and manufacture it...or not.
The amount of money it costs to create booths and attend these conferences, just no. They could create the same mystery from Twitter posts if they were just trying to speculate about a product.
Old 9th May 2014
Deleted 2ecf148
do akai have a idea of how they would like the wolf to sound?
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

actually, in july they will start selling just the enclosure. for true analog percussion, you must hit things with it.

finally, a true limitless palette of sounds!
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

and it comes with free drumsticks with fangs glued on the end.
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Guru

50 pages on a gear forum and not a single sound has been heard from this "module"....surely that is some sort of record...???

...doof tish doof tish doof tish...
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opportunist View Post
The interweb tells me that I should be able to buy this in early July,so presumably there will be some sounds to hear soon..ish. I was sort of interested but as this is basically never getting released I pre-ordered a TR8.

But then the shop has sold too many TR8's for the amount ordered in, so aren't sure when the next batch will be in, so I shan't be getting one of these any time quickly.

So no drum machine for me.
oh well.... i cancelled my pre-order. i never really had a need for this and i really don't have the space for it. i just ordered it because i was curious and it was inexpensive. i now suspect that i've received more enjoyment from following this thread than i ever will using a rhythm wolf. especially if three of them have to be linked together for fun.

thanks for the laughs everyone
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
oh well.... i cancelled my pre-order. i never really had a need for this and i really don't have the space for it. i just ordered it because i was curious and it was inexpensive. i now suspect that i've received more enjoyment from following this thread than i ever will using a rhythm wolf. especially if three of them have to be linked together for fun.

No, thank you ...

All in a rush, I recognized your avatar ...
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
You should stage a protest at their headquarters.
Hah. I have no intention of buying one. I just like how ridiculous this situation has become. All because they wanted to piss on Roland's parade.
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post

Yeah, it's hitting the point where my compulsive preorder is getting assaulted by frugality and I'm on the verge of doing this. I don't REALLY need another drum machine, do I?
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Old 10th May 2014
Old 14th May 2014
DID YOU KNOW? Wolves seem to reappear in lands where they weren't spotted for years

NOTE: I'd freeze this thread until an howling wolf is heard.
Old 14th May 2014
Lives for gear

Its been revealed that the Akai Rythm Wolf is in fact a hoax

Manufactured to try and steal Roland's thunder at the Nam show
Old 14th May 2014
HA! Could really be...
Old 14th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeofenki View Post
DID YOU KNOW? Wolves seem to reappear in lands where they weren't spotted for years.
Yeah. For example in Iowa:
Grey wolf appears in Iowa for first time in 89 years –*and is shot dead | Environment | theguardian.com
And when they appear they will be shot. Hey, and the moral of this story:

It is a bad thing to mistook a wolf with a coyote.
Old 15th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubarSnafu View Post
Hah. I have no intention of buying one. I just like how ridiculous this situation has become. All because they wanted to piss on Roland's parade.
funny thing is, the Akai Wolf situation really flies in the face of one of the standard myths that gets vomited back on this board all the time

namely analog synth and drum machines are cheap and easy to build and Roland/Yamaha/Whoever are stupid for not making analog synths and drum machines for cheap

still this could have been a fun toy along the lines of the Happy Meal Products from Korg, but alas it seems that all we got was a happy meal box with no nuggets inside
Old 15th May 2014
a couple of roman slutz:

time to take another look at the tr8 i think
Old 15th May 2014
Lives for gear
Akai'nt believe this has happened!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search