The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 22nd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coven View Post
But this is not the same Akai as the Japanese corporation that made hardware samplers and microwave ovens. What was the last music gear the current Akai released that's considered "quality" though?

Akai does have recent history of quietly discontinuing "products" that they announced prematurely like they did with MPC Fly but I don't think that will happen with the Silent Wolf because there's been too much hype now and they know the amount of flak that will come their way if they were to never release it.
So don't buy it. The conspiracizing and believing yourself brave for "exposing the truth" is massively wanky.

They are a corporation who makes products, they will release a product when they find it ready for release.

Edit: I'm a massive idiot for not using my Ignore button more.
Old 22nd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
The conspiracizing and believing yourself brave for "exposing the truth" is massively wanky.
Come again? Who said anything about conspiracy or being brave? I'm just calling it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
They are a corporation who makes products, they will release a product when they find it ready for release.
They should also expect more than a few raised eyebrows if they make questionable excuses like how the only reason they couldn't make any sound with it at the Messe was due to a fried board or announcing how they will release a sound demo a week after the Messe is over, showcasing 3 Rhythm Wolves at once, and there still being no signs of it now, over a month later.
Old 22nd April 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchBass View Post
A friend of mine spoke to an Akai rep, and he told me that there are no samples used in the rhythm wolf.
And as of today's date, there are no sound-producing electronic parts either!
Old 22nd April 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexfx69 View Post
And as of today's date, there are no sound-producing electronic parts either!
Yea it's getting pretty embarrassing now. I mean, what in the hell WERE they showing us in the trade show video- "a cool exterior for some drum machine it'd be cool to make sometime"?!
Old 22nd April 2014
bry
Gear Addict

It's still a long time till the end of Summer guys, but yeah, keep "exposing the truth"!
Old 22nd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyo View Post
Yea it's getting pretty embarrassing now. I mean, what in the hell WERE they showing us in the trade show video- "a cool exterior for some drum machine it'd be cool to make sometime"?!
A prototype (they thought was going to be a final iteration, I'm guessing) whose design needed to be scrapped and re-circuited to avoid it going "poof" in consumer hands.
Old 22nd April 2014
Gear Maniac

I thought we had all agreed not to post bollox on this thread until audio demos appear?
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

Old 23rd April 2014
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

They may have fixed the power bus

Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

Old 23rd April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Member View Post
YES!!!! The best show ever aired on Comedy Central. Of course they canned it early, like every other network with a brilliant program.
Old 23rd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
YES!!!! The best show ever aired on Comedy Central. Of course they canned it early, like every other network with a brilliant program.
I was a big fan of this show as well when it came out. I must have seen the "Ass Pennies" and "Time Machine" sketches a million times and they still crack me up. I remember reading not too long ago that the third season (which is where this video came from) should be out on DVD sometime this year. Not that it matters because your pennies have been IN MY ASS.
Old 29th April 2014
Gear Addict

It could potentially be that Akai has realized how in demand their product will be and want to wait until it's practically ready to ship before showing off any demos. It makes sense for marketing honestly, they probably looked at this thread went "the demand is bigger than we thought, lets make sure we take advantage of this", they held off any demos until production advanced further and are preparing a 1-2 punch by summer of demos, reviews, etc...then say "oh and it's available now"

They'd sell tons.
Old 29th April 2014
Lives for gear

Old 29th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletheia View Post
It could potentially be that Akai has realized how in demand their product will be and want to wait until it's practically ready to ship before showing off any demos. It makes sense for marketing honestly, they probably looked at this thread went "the demand is bigger than we thought, lets make sure we take advantage of this", they held off any demos until production advanced further and are preparing a 1-2 punch by summer of demos, reviews, etc...then say "oh and it's available now"

They'd sell tons.
maybe they read this thread and decided to do a cross-promotion with mcdonalds
Old 29th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
maybe they read this thread and decided to do a cross-promotion with mcdonalds

hahahha. Buy 3 Big Mac's get a free "Rhythm Wolf!"
Old 30th April 2014
bry
Gear Addict

Quote:
?...they probably looked at this thread went "the demand is bigger than we thought...
Yeah, there's at least 10 people here positive about it, Akai must be overwhelmed!
Old 30th April 2014
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchBass View Post
I thought we had all agreed not to post bollox on this thread until audio demos appear?
Seriously ... can we lock this thread?
Old 1st May 2014
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
Seriously ... can we lock this thread?
or...

You could just leave the thread...
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Guru
The point is every time there is a new post... I click on it because I hope the demo is there.. I can't be alone on this..
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear
the sound demo will get its own thread, stop cryin. trying to defend akais honor, when you know shes a dirty untrustworthy Wh**e
Old 2nd May 2014
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Guru
Why the Sparkle demos?
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why the Sparkle demos?
Because its not worth waiting for, there are better alternatives (probably)
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Guru
well... I got nothing against Spark.. but it does need a computer..
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Addict

if what you want is a sample based drum machine, then yah, the rhythm wolf will be not worth the wait, not having a sample engine...
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
The point is every time there is a new post... I click on it because I hope the demo is there.. I can't be alone on this..
Actually I feel the same whenever I see ilthe thread bumped as I am really looking forward to this drum machine. I plan on buying it even if I don't like the way it sounds initially and will just mod it.

But I really don't see the harm of people hanging out in this thread and keeping themselves entertained while we wait for new info. Certainly not enough harm to warrant locking the thread. 99% of the post seem good natured and I'm not sure Akai would hate the fact that the buzz is being kept alive and shows we haven't lost interest and still are eager to hear some demos. Imo.
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
hahahha. Buy 3 Big Mac's get a free "Rhythm Wolf!"
someone here mentioned some time ago that it might be included in a happy meal but i've not heard anything official

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search