The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 8th April 2014
  #1321
bry
Gear Addict
 

We're still quite far from release date, what's the hurry?

I prefer that they take the time to make it sound good than just rush it to get some sounds out.

Many companies show stuff in advance and then don't listen to customers since all features "are now locked", so what's the point?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's another analog drum machine announced before this one even comes out, so just chill for a moment, they will sell loads of them regardless of you getting your sound samples or not, so why waste your time?
Old 8th April 2014
  #1322
bry
Gear Addict
 

(Duplicate post)
Old 8th April 2014
  #1323
Lives for gear
 
blizt's Avatar
This looks like a very silent wolf
Old 8th April 2014
  #1324
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Would anyone have cared if they had just said ''We'd love to show it off but unfortunately we didn't quite finish it for the show, we can take you through what it'll have to offer etc, but we hope to have it finished off in the next few weeks''
I know. Why are people so afraid of just telling the truth? Especially when there's no harm done. Even a white lie like they told just ends up blowing up in their face and at best make them look foolish.
Old 8th April 2014
  #1325
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
We're still quite far from release date, what's the hurry?
Well... none really other than the fact that they created this expectation that they can't fulfil. It's the difference between, "Hey, I'm making a pie now and I'll bring it over tonight" and "I'm going to be making a pie in the future but I'm not sure what kind or when it'll happen but when I figure it out I'll let you know." If you told someone the first statement and didn't show up that night... or the next, or even at all that week, the person would rightly think, "WTF?"
Old 8th April 2014
  #1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
"WTF?"
I guess in the end it's gonna be like...

Old 8th April 2014
  #1327
Lives for gear
 
MarkR's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I know. Why are people so afraid of just telling the truth? Especially when there's no harm done. Even a white lie like they told just ends up blowing up in their face and at best make them look foolish.
Yeah, it's just a bit childish, which for a company is rather unprofessional.
Old 8th April 2014
  #1328
bry
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Well... none really other than the fact that they created this expectation that they can't fulfil. It's the difference between, "Hey, I'm making a pie now and I'll bring it over tonight" and "I'm going to be making a pie in the future but I'm not sure what kind or when it'll happen but when I figure it out I'll let you know." If you told someone the first statement and didn't show up that night... or the next, or even at all that week, the person would rightly think, "WTF?"
That's hardly an applicable analogy, the press release said Summer 2014, which could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months from now, and they did show you pictures and a spec sheet, they didn't just say "an analog drum machine".

They'll show us the sounds whenever they feel like it, and however good it sounds I can assure you there will be loads more criticism after that, so why would they even bother?

If they release the sounds/demos the day before release it's more than enough.
Old 8th April 2014
  #1329
Lives for gear
 

I only check in with this thread to read the bitching and moaning. Leaving satisfied.
Old 8th April 2014
  #1330
Lives for gear
 
djshire's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
Can you see that I am serious!!!
Old 8th April 2014
  #1331
Lives for gear
 
R3Member's Avatar
Meanwhile at Akai...



Old 8th April 2014
  #1332
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
They'll show us the sounds whenever they feel like it, and however good it sounds I can assure you there will be loads more criticism after that, so why would they even bother?

If they release the sounds/demos the day before release it's more than enough.
Except that their rep announced in a messe interview that putting up sound samples was a priority and that he was going to do that a week after returning from messe. They already claimed at messe that the only reason they couldn't make any sounds with it there was because of a last minute electrical accident.
Old 8th April 2014
  #1333
Lives for gear
 

At this stage, it's fair to conclude that the prototype going kablooey was a lie.

But if this thing has a decent snare and kick, imagine how much more it will sell than the Volca beats and the TR-8.
Old 8th April 2014
  #1334
Now it's time to get serious!

To be honest I am "slightly" disappointed with Akai's messe announcement!

They PROMISED demoes 3(?) weeks ago!!! damn. I wouldn't give a damn if they wouldn't.
But they did! They could say it's just a dud and nobody would blame them now.
They seriously miss the point here. They are calling for some musician uprising or what?
It's about time the demoes show up really!
What the hell their marketing department does?
Some cocaine, some hoes, some vodka???
It really looks like it! They're not selling lemonade on the corner!
It's a bloody drummachine!

a drum machine announced for 200$ would get serious attention from practically all kinds of electronic musicians.

we have to HEAR it then!

It's cool to see things beforehand!
But it's not a fancy dress they sell!
damn... I can't stress this enough!
I am in desperate need for drums myself!
But back to the marketing department! These guys must be trippin hardcore!!
It's awesome! We saw the "prototype" (i.e. a prop with blinking lights) but where's the rest of it?
wait let me guess.... Cocaine, hoes, vodka.... ah! Now I see where's the money went!
Akai engineers must be angry and broke as **** so they still wouldn't make it work you know... on purpose... just for the fun of it...
so the marketing department would be put to shame by a whole lot of electronic musicians....
nice move Akai. but it's went too far.
I'f they're not showing us the demoes by the next full moon....
I'm gonna turn Rhytm Werewolf on the damned marketing department!

AWOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 8th April 2014
  #1335
Lives for gear
 
robot gigante's Avatar
Speaking of hookers and blow, I heard they hired a new rep...

Old 9th April 2014
  #1336
Gear Addict
 
Aletheia's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
I only check in with this thread to read the bitching and moaning. Leaving satisfied.

Likewise
Old 9th April 2014
  #1337
bry
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmoflot View Post
They seriously miss the point here. They are calling for some musician uprising or what?
Lol. Yes, the 10 complainers at gearslutz are really gonna show Akai!

One Akai representative said he'd like to do some demos and he didn't do them yet, that's outrageous, sue him!

He probably went back and Akai told him "not yet, it needs to be done as part of an organized marketing campaign for the product launch, products are not launched whenever, launch date is extremely important and is decided by the competent departments".

This is a big company after all, not a guy posting DIY projects on his blog, but go ahead and pretend you really need those mp3 NOW even though the mentioned release is very vague and could be anywhere between 3 and 6 months from now.

As I said before, at $199 this thing is bound to sell like crazy, and no, your indignation at something some guy said at some conference will not make any difference, but keep on repeating it, it will not only be very useful for people searching this forum for RW related information in the future, but also highly amusing at the present.

Funniest thing is usually the most loud haters are the ones who run to get it first as soon as it comes out!
Old 9th April 2014
  #1338
Lives for gear
 
Hokut's Avatar
 

wow 45 pages of nothing.... why don't we play a game... only post here again where one has solid new news about this, JK
Old 9th April 2014
  #1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
Lol. Yes, the 10 complainers at gearslutz are really gonna show Akai!

One Akai representative said he'd like to do some demos and he didn't do them yet, that's outrageous, sue him!

He probably went back and Akai told him "not yet, it needs to be done as part of an organized marketing campaign for the product launch, products are not launched whenever, launch date is extremely important and is decided by the competent departments".

This is a big company after all, not a guy posting DIY projects on his blog, but go ahead and pretend you really need those mp3 NOW even though the mentioned release is very vague and could be anywhere between 3 and 6 months from now.

As I said before, at $199 this thing is bound to sell like crazy, and no, your indignation at something some guy said at some conference will not make any difference, but keep on repeating it, it will not only be very useful for people searching this forum for RW related information in the future, but also highly amusing at the present.

Funniest thing is usually the most loud haters are the ones who run to get it first as soon as it comes out!

Hell Yeah!

That's why I dropped London Metropolitain University Advertising and Marketing Communications Masters... to become a photographer!

To hell with that stupid launch dates, product development, etc etc etc....

It's gonna sell mad for sure!

And Imma be first In line yes!

It's just I desperately need that

P.S. and I'm not hating - I'm just FURIOUS

P.P.S. and I'ts just I'll have to wait 2x longer than you guys!
Old 11th April 2014
  #1340
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
That's hardly an applicable analogy, the press release said Summer 2014, which could be anywhere from 3 to 6 months from now, and they did show you pictures and a spec sheet, they didn't just say "an analog drum machine".

They'll show us the sounds whenever they feel like it, and however good it sounds I can assure you there will be loads more criticism after that, so why would they even bother?

If they release the sounds/demos the day before release it's more than enough.
No, I was talking about the Akai guy who said, "Oh, we wanted you to hear this one but we blew it up before the show. We'll get you demos next week." All he needed to say was, "this is just a non working prototype, we'll have demos up as soon as it's finished."
Old 11th April 2014
  #1341
Gear Addict
 

Old 11th April 2014
  #1342
Lives for gear
 

We need more of the calming influence of Super Wolf in this thread.

Super Wolf. Can do it. Get to it:


.
Attached Files

SuperWolf.mp3 (1.25 MB, 134 views)

Old 11th April 2014
  #1343
PES
Lives for gear
 
PES's Avatar
^ +1*

May I suggest investing slightly more in an MFB 522 for those who are in a rush getting a cheap analogue drum machine?



*Rhytm Horse animation
Old 11th April 2014
  #1344
Lives for gear
 

Can someone just make sure to start a new thread when an audio demo comes out?
Old 11th April 2014
  #1345
Lives for gear
 

Loosing interest
Old 11th April 2014
  #1346
Lives for gear
 
R3Member's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer View Post
Can someone just make sure to start a new thread when an audio demo comes out?
Only if the first post is this...

Old 11th April 2014
  #1347
Lives for gear
 

That's awful. Jebus.
Old 11th April 2014
  #1348
Lives for gear
 
Spazoo's Avatar
if it was digital it would be working and probably released by now
Old 11th April 2014
  #1349
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
if it was digital it would be working and probably released by now
and no one would care
Old 11th April 2014
  #1350
mfx
Lives for gear
 
mfx's Avatar
 

thread unsubscrided thank you heartbleed
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump