The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 4th April 2014
Gear Addict

It's been more than "a week or two" since musikmesse and still no audio demo. I'm thinking this isn't going to sound that good & that's the reason for the delay... Hope I'm wrong though.
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

I think Akai doesn't even know how it sounds..
Old 4th April 2014
Well Sweetwater has the ad up.

Akai Professional Rhythm Wolf | Sweetwater.com
Old 4th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 View Post

thx for posting that... i added it to Cart just to see and it said: "Akai Pro expects the new Rhythm Wolf analog drum and bass synth module to begin shipping in Fall 2014."

...so about same time as the Korg Odyssey
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coven View Post
Unfortunately Akai promises "hip hop"-inspired sounds according to CDM.
Unfortunate for you, I guess. Akai kind of has a history with hip hop music, after all.
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwood View Post
"Akai Pro expects the new Rhythm Wolf analog drum and bass synth module to begin shipping in Fall 2014."
So if Sweetwater says Fall 2014, we can probably look forward to this finally coming out in Spring 2015.
Old 4th April 2014
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slujj vohaul View Post
Unfortunate for you, I guess. Akai kind of has a history with hip hop music, after all.
"Yes, unfortunate for coven," he remarks, with a sly grin and a slow, rhythmic nod of approval.

Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Gear4music is sayin June 3rd. The price £119
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 View Post

they posted that about a month ago
Old 4th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
they posted that about a month ago
oh
Old 4th April 2014
mfx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
I like a blind purchase...pocket money fun time

1001 st post...nice
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwood View Post
oh
when i pre-ordered on 3/15 i was told that the website estimate was incorrect and the units will start shipping in july
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slujj vohaul View Post
Not at all. I was just responding to zerocrossing's comment:
Quote:
Show me it doing hip-hop, trance, IDM and industrial type sounds. Don't guess what your market is. Let us figure that out.
Old 5th April 2014
mfx
Lives for gear

http://www.akaipro.com/tradeshow/mes...THMWOLF_US.pdf

Quote:
AKAI PROFESSIONAL UNLEASHES THE RHYTHM WOLF
Leading music production equipment manufacturer debuts an analog drum machine and bass synthesizer inspired by the classics in sequencing.
The Rhythm Wolf is an authentic analog instrument that combines the coveted sounds of early electronic and hip hop music with genuine Akai Professional workflow.
Inspired by the classic analog beat machines and synthesizers of the past, Rhythm Wolf enables today’s musicians to harness iconic analog sounds for music production and performance.
The drum machine consists of five highly tweakable drum sounds and includes a kick, snare, open & closed hi hat, and metallic percussion.
Onboard controls allow users to customize the tuning, amplitude envelopes, and volume of each drum voice separately for precise real time adjustment.
The bass synthesizer features a selectable oscillator (sawtooth or square wave), classic filter design, a filter envelope with variable decay, and is capable of creating powerful bass sounds and squelchy leads.
Outfitted with six genuine MPC pads and a built in 32 step sequencer, the Rhythm Wolf provides an ultra responsive interface with a classic drum machine layout.
Drum patterns can be fine tuned using the
Swing function, Pattern Select, and Tempo Control knob.
A custom distortion signal path, activated by the “Howl” knob, adds grit and character for additional tone shaping.
Rhythm Wolf features USB MIDI, MIDI In/Out, a gate trigger, and integrates seamlessly with modern and vintage equipment.
Two audio outputs enable producers and performers to mix percussion sounds and bass independently.

Rhythm Wolf Highlights:

5 voice analog drum machine and synth authentic analog design that references classic rhythm machines and synthesizers

Legendary analog drum sounds kick, snare, open & closed hi hat, and metallic percussion

Synth bass module selectable square or sawtooth wave with classic filter design for warm, deep basses and squelchy leads.

Onboard 32
step sequencer classic drum machine workflow for quickly laying down grooves and melodies
Bored for 1 minute
Old 5th April 2014
Lives for gear

I had one of those vivid audio dreams with the Wolf in it last night, and it sounded like a toy with no bass response whatsoever.

Nature abhors a vacuum.
Old 5th April 2014
Lives for gear

double post

Old 5th April 2014
Gear Addict

You probably also had sex with your hand dreaming it was Scarlett Johansson
Old 5th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Difool View Post
You probably also had sex with your hand dreaming it was Scarlett Johansson
You're so good it's scary
Old 5th April 2014
Gear Addict

Any indication as to whether or not this will have parameter locking? May return my TR-8 because it didn't and i'm finding I really wish it did.
Old 5th April 2014
Lives for gear

it will not
Old 6th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's no way it'll be that price... more like £159
Old 7th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Still no demo?
Much sucking of teeth.
They say 'no news is good news'. Let's hope the climax is worth all the teasing!
Old 7th April 2014
Gear Addict

give it a rest
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Unfortunately, there's no way it'll be that price... more like £159
Yeah but if you pre-order it they can't charge you another £40.
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah but if you pre-order it they can't charge you another £40.
Yes they absolutely can, alternatively they can just not sell it to you. They're under no obligation to sell something to anyone, if the price is too low, they won't sell it, unless they choose to.
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Yes they absolutely can, alternatively they can just not sell it to you. They're under no obligation to sell something to anyone, if the price is too low, they won't sell it, unless they choose to.
I'll get a Spark LE, then...
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
I'll get a Spark LE, then...
Mr Spark Le..?

Old 8th April 2014
Gear Guru
Can you see that I am serious!!!
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Seems like both in the cases of Korg and Akai, making your announcements to mar the publicity of Roland has its disadvantages.

Namely that if you do it before you have a proper prototype finalised, you won't have nailed down the sound enough to show to the public, or the production process enough to give a price.
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubarSnafu View Post
Seems like both in the cases of Korg and Akai, making your announcements to mar the publicity of Roland has its disadvantages.

Namely that if you do it before you have a proper prototype finalised, you won't have nailed down the sound enough to show to the public, or the production process enough to give a price.
I think what Korg did was fine... just a heads up ''we're working on this atm, it should be out in XXXX''. We know what the Arp sounds like, it should be pretty close to it, they haven't been taking it to shows and making up excuses why they can't get any sound out of it, all of of which were obviously lies now.

Would anyone have cared if they had just said ''We'd love to show it off but unfortunately we didn't quite finish it for the show, we can take you through what it'll have to offer etc, but we hope to have it finished off in the next few weeks''

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search