The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 2ecf148 View Post
what a thread dying sound like?
Attached Thumbnails
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth-ometer.gif  
Old 25th March 2014
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
I don't think it is naive to expect honestly from manufacturers.
That's a product of your naivete.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
That's a product of your naivete.
Well, ultimately things happen during any product launch and it's not so much any attempt at direct dishonesty but there's no place on the Gantt chart for "do whatever whiny Gearslutters DEMAND of you in between the spit they throw your way". If management wants to push the demos back to match some particular milestone, or for maximum PR push, i'd rather not worry about impressing some outrage junkie who enjoys stirring the pot.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Well, I don't think that nice bloke from Akai is ever coming back to this thread.

I would've deleted my GS account by now if I were him.
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Maniac

I'm sure Gearslut bitching helped to slip the 909 mode into the TR-8 sequencer...
The only purpose to post is to help develop the product.
I'm boning hard for the rhythm wolf but yes we need audio samples to stir this stale debate.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
"Painting" = Akai saying 12 days ago the only reason no one got hardware demos at 'messe was because the demo model brought to the show shorted the night before (as if they hadn't recorded anything previously that could have been uploaded) ... then saying a week later on GS that demos would be uploaded "soon" ... then having another 5 days pass with nothing to show.
Not to mention there were videos from 'messe showing that the demo unit was clearly functioning despite it being allegedly "shorted" or whatever, just not making any sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
Look, I wouldn't have minded if the machine were pre-announced before the show with no immediate sound demos, but come on guys: you should have just said you were finishing it up instead of 'painting' yourselves into this corner.
Yup. I'm not bothered at all that it's not ready to make any sound. They should have just been up front about it.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchBass View Post
I'm sure Gearslut bitching helped to slip the 909 mode into the TR-8 sequencer...
The only purpose to post is to help develop the product.
I'm boning hard for the rhythm wolf but yes we need audio samples to stir this stale debate.
Quoted for posterity ...
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Guru
Oh yeah Akai.. If you could make the synth section be able to sequence an external synth... with velocity.. That'd be great.
Old 25th March 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Roland lied to you, and you were repeating those lies as if they were fact.

Actually Dan has previously said that MPC5000 OS version 3 was going to happen, it hasn't, and that the vintage modes in the MPC Renassiance are hardware emulations, when they are actually VST plugins.

Akai has a history of being deceptive, just as Roland are with their marketing.

If it wasn't quite ready, he shouldn't have pretended that it was, and shouldn't have said that he would put up sound demos when he got back from Messe, if he couldn't.
Boo hoo
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
i highly doubt that, these functions were most likely there all along (pattern chain, accent behavior, etc).

the world was flat at one time, ya know?
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Head

So much fear, loathing and doubt over one little drum machine...
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
Only the sequencer was working.
It's far more likely that only the sequencer was working because that was the only thing they had ready.

If the thing already made sound (that was actually worthy of a demo, which according to Akai, it already did but an alleged accident conveniently prevented them from showing it off), they would have recorded something previously that could have been uploaded. They wouldn't have had to make an announcement about releasing a sound demo in a week and then once that week passes, make another excuse about it still not being ready.
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Nut

When is Akai going to update their Rhythm Wolf to include audio output? Imagination can only carry you so far in music production these days.
Old 25th March 2014
Judging by this thread I guess I'm one of the few who can wait patiently until Akai releases a demo.

In my opinion they showed us all they had and to me that's good enough instead of partially hidden promo, hype bs.
Old 25th March 2014
mfx
Lives for gear

look forward to it's release, until then its a syntax of semantics.

"The Boy Who Cried Wolf"

I think Akai have done rather well judging by the thread. Well done.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually Dan has previously said that MPC5000 OS version 3 was going to happen, it hasn't, and that the vintage modes in the MPC Renassiance are hardware emulations, when they are actually VST plugins.

Akai has a history of being deceptive, just as Roland are with their marketing.

If it wasn't quite ready, he shouldn't have pretended that it was, and shouldn't have said that he would put up sound demos when he got back from Messe, if he couldn't.
Yup. It's not like Akai doesn't already have a reputation of misleading its own customers, as mentioned above, which is well-documented: Ot: akai rhythm wolf | Page 2 | NI Support Forum
Old 26th March 2014
Gear Addict

so the same rabble rousers from here are off on the NI Support forum doing the same thing?

Here's a possible scenario for what happened:

akai engineers are working really hard to get the sound module part of the rhythm wolf working in time for music messe. Something goes wrong, and it doesn't work. They show up at the show, and apologize for the problems, but talk about the features that they're justifiably proud of.

then, one of the akai folks who's also excited about the device says he should be able to have a demo up within a week. At the same time, internet reviewers express their reservations, and internet trolls go on the forums raising hell, both about this and a similar roland product.

akai management realizes they have a lose lose on their hands, and decide to delay any promotion or demos until they're positive everything is the way they want it, because there's nothing but pain down any other path.

****storm ensues, because narcissists believe that their desire to be able to trash talk how the drum machine sounds is paramount.
Old 26th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
i highly doubt that, these functions were most likely there all along (pattern chain, accent behavior, etc).

the world was flat at one time, ya know?
Yes sure but something changed - the printed manual you get in the tr-8 box doesn't even mention the strong/weak/off track accent mode in the pdf version.
Old 26th March 2014
Don't forget the many music tech journalists and regional Roland offices who had prototype TR8's and were asked for feedback.
I doubt anyone from Roland even reads Gearslutz, let alone takes advice from anonymous posters who've never touched the product.
Old 26th March 2014
I would also think Akai would wait some time after this TR-8 thing starts to lose it's steam from the release before putting demos out.
Old 26th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Don't forget the many music tech journalists and regional Roland offices who had prototype TR8's and were asked for feedback.
I doubt anyone from Roland even reads Gearslutz, let alone takes advice from anonymous posters who've never touched the product.
Really? I always assumed that manufacturers moonlight on boards all the time. Isn't Akai looking in on this thread?
Certainly there was a big PR effort by Roland pre-Aira so someone in each country is monitoring online presence. 1m+ views on the Aira thread is a lot of publicity in the right demographic...
Old 26th March 2014
Quote:
Really? I always assumed that manufacturers moonlight on boards all the time...
The ones I have a relationship with do not.
Places like Gearslutz have unfortunately garnered a bad reputation. And it's no surprise if you read this thread and some of the AIRA ones.
There is a vast silent majority of customers who are relatively fair and reasonable. Music companies have been turned off by a loud minority screaming at them on forums to do this, or that. Calling them liars and crooks.
Old 26th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
The ones I have a relationship with do not.
Places like Gearslutz have unfortunately garnered a bad reputation. And it's no surprise if you read this thread and some of the AIRA ones.
There is a vast silent majority of customers who are relatively fair and reasonable. Music companies have been turned off by a loud minority screaming at them on forums to do this, or that. Calling them liars and crooks.

This is a pretty dedicated market. Look how many people bought TR8's. Minibrutes. These are hardcores here, no better group of people to sell to.

A dedicated customer is worth more than 10 "possible" customers.

Customers complaining has been around since the beginning, but often times they still buy and go back.

These companies you know of covering their eyes to complaints makes as much sense as a kid who covers his eyes to make someone in front of himself disappear.

Feedback is important...if a company doesn't listen to it then their products suffer......cough cough Roland.
Old 26th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 View Post
Feedback is important...if a company doesn't listen to it then their products suffer......cough cough Roland.
The problem comes when the majority of the "feedback" is absolutely worthless.

VV
@chrisso: Exactly. You can offer advice without calling out and literally going after its employees. Just say "HEY AKAI SUUUUUUURE WOULD BE NICE IF BLAHBLAHPRODUCT HAS THIS FEATURE"

Nobody gets paid enough to have to put up with this childishness in their home time.
Old 26th March 2014
+1
Calling people liars and claiming all kinds of conspiracies is a waste of time for these companies. Sure they want feedback, but more genuine feedback than dramas over nothing.
Old 26th March 2014
Lives for gear

i already pre-ordered mine because $199 is not much of a risk and if i don't like it i'll give it to one of my friends. and i was just joking about the clandestine operation and starting an online petition. i didn't think anyone here took those things seriously.
Old 26th March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 26th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slujj vohaul View Post
I'll be getting robe and ring shortly after my MPC1K arrives.
Old 26th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Wow that is a classy Akai Pro Logo! Good work.
Old 26th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow that is a classy Akai Pro Logo! Good work.
It's not mine. Stole it off a Google search for "illuminati" and pasted the Akai logo on it.

But anyway guys, AKAI IS VERY OBVIOUSLY SYSTEMATICALLY KEEPING US DOWN BY WITHHOLDING WORLD CHANGING INFORMATION AND KEEPING THEMSELVES BOTH FINANCIALLY RICHER AND RICHER IN KNOWLEDGE. AKAI CONTINUES TO GOVERN THE ENTIRE PLANET VIA A SMALL OLIGARCHY OF SHILLS. THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT AKAI HAS SET IN PLACE CONTINUES TO MAKE AKAI RICHER WHILE THE POOR GEAR INTERESTED FORUM MEMBER GET F--KED OVER AND OUT. THEY ARE LYING TO YOU. WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search