The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 24th March 2014
  #1141
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Seriously, all I ever see you do is go around the forum bullying people and calling all music companies liars.
Best gearslutty related thing i've ever done was to block a few blokes from the Aira thread ...
Old 24th March 2014
  #1142
bry
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
...but right now too many people are taking this in the wrong direction.
I'm not really sure 5 or 6 people with nothing better to do on gearslutz really qualify as "too many people".
Old 24th March 2014
  #1143
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
Akai has a history of being deceptive, just as Roland are with their marketing.
Welcome to marketing, where a product is painted in the best possible light.

If you stop with the naive expectations, you'll be much less disappointed and angry all the time.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1144
WHAAAT??? NO sound demo yet????

Old 24th March 2014
  #1145
Lives for gear
 
skira's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
Welcome to marketing, where a product is painted in the best possible light.
"Painting" = Akai saying 12 days ago the only reason no one got hardware demos at 'messe was because the demo model brought to the show shorted the night before (as if they hadn't recorded anything previously that could have been uploaded) ... then saying a week later on GS that demos would be uploaded "soon" ... then having another 5 days pass with nothing to show.

Look, I wouldn't have minded if the machine were pre-announced before the show with no immediate sound demos, but come on guys: you should have just said you were finishing it up instead of 'painting' yourselves into this corner.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1146
Lives for gear
 
Liquid Legacy's Avatar
 

Old 24th March 2014
  #1147
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
"Painting" = Akai saying 12 days ago the only reason no one got hardware demos at 'messe was because the demo model brought to the show shorted the night before (as if they hadn't recorded anything previously that could have been uploaded) ... then saying a week later on GS that demos would be uploaded "soon" ... then having another 5 days pass with nothing to show.

Look, I wouldn't have minded if the machine were pre-announced before the show with no immediate sound demos, but come on guys: you should have just said you were finishing it up instead of 'painting' yourselves into this corner.
And if they released any before the prototype was ready, everybody'd be falling over each other to tear them down about it.

It's a lot easier to do it right the first time than try to sway someone convinced by shoddy initial demos. And the impatients here are going to be examining everything with a fine-toothed comb, so you only have yourself to blame.

Relax. It's just a product. Go make music or something.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1148
Lives for gear
 
skira's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium
Welcome to marketing, where a product is painted in the best possible light.
Quote:
"Painting" = Akai saying 12 days ago the only reason no one got hardware demos at 'messe was because the demo model brought to the show shorted the night before (as if they hadn't recorded anything previously that could have been uploaded) ... then saying a week later on GS that demos would be uploaded "soon" ... then having another 5 days pass with nothing to show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
if they released any before the prototype was ready, everybody'd be falling over each other to tear them down about it.
Which isn't the issue, or anywhere near the issue. The issue is them apparently lying.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1149
Gear Maniac
 
Lixma's Avatar
 

Akai lied, nobody died.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1150
Lives for gear
 
Diametro's Avatar
 



Kirk seems to be stuck inside a temporal anomaly ... Or is simply stunned by the magnitude of the machinations going on ...
Old 24th March 2014
  #1151
Lives for gear
 
mutilatedlip's Avatar
I'm giving up the music.

I'm sick of all these companies spinning intricate webs of deceit and mistruths to hurt me.

Having GAS means I simply can't just NOT buy their products either.

Bye.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1152
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
"Painting" = Akai saying 12 days ago the only reason no one got hardware demos at 'messe was because the demo model brought to the show shorted the night before (as if they hadn't recorded anything previously that could have been uploaded) ... then saying a week later on GS that demos would be uploaded "soon" ... then having another 5 days pass with nothing to show.

Look, I wouldn't have minded if the machine were pre-announced before the show with no immediate sound demos, but come on guys: you should have just said you were finishing it up instead of 'painting' yourselves into this corner.
This is how I feel, though it doesn't make me feel bad about Akai as a company. It does reinforce my notion that marketing people are generally horrible people who should be told the Earth will soon be eaten by a giant space goat and sent off on a space ark.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1153
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
Welcome to marketing, where a product is painted in the best possible light.

If you stop with the naive expectations, you'll be much less disappointed and angry all the time.
You can paint a product in the best possible light without lies, and having to lie about a product is not really painting it in the best possible light.

I don't think it is naive to expect honestly from manufacturers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
And if they released any before the prototype was ready, everybody'd be falling over each other to tear them down about it.

It's a lot easier to do it right the first time than try to sway someone convinced by shoddy initial demos. And the impatients here are going to be examining everything with a fine-toothed comb, so you only have yourself to blame.
If the prototype is not ready, just say that, don't come up with bull**** excuses when asked about why there is no sound, just say it isn't ready.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
Relax. It's just a product. Go make music or something.
Relax. It's just an internet gear discussion forum. Go make music or something.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1154
Lives for gear
 
shaft9000's Avatar
 

j.f.c.

way to get the ole vaj in a knot, "guys"

real men don't argue over a one-off dud prototype of a drummything and some throwaway P.R.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1155
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft9000 View Post
real men don't argue over a one-off dud prototype of a drummything and some throwaway P.R.
Yet here you are, arguing about it.

Casting aspersions about the real manhood of other forum members for arguing about it, while being the other side of that argument yourself.

Arguing on the internet, about other people arguing on the internet?
Old 24th March 2014
  #1156
VST
Lives for gear
 
VST's Avatar
There are two kinds of people in the world - Those that bitch about not getting something for free (like a sound demo) and everyone else.

Which side do you want to be on?
Old 24th March 2014
  #1157
Gear Guru
I want my 2 dollars..
Old 24th March 2014
  #1158
Lives for gear
 
Schwarzwald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstace View Post
There are two kinds of people in the world - Those that bitch about not getting something for free (like a sound demo) and everyone else.

Which side do you want to be on?
The side that gets the sound demo?
Old 24th March 2014
  #1159
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstace View Post
There are two kinds of people in the world - Those that bitch about not getting something for free (like a sound demo) and everyone else.

Which side do you want to be on?
There are way more than two kinds of people in the world - as another example, those who bitch about gear, and those who bitch about other people bitching about gear.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1160
VST
Lives for gear
 
VST's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzwald View Post
The side that gets the sound demo?
Both sides get that, so you're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
There are way more than two kinds of people in the world - as another example, those who bitch about gear, and those who bitch about other people bitching about gear.
Congrats to you then, as you certainly fall into both of those categories.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1161
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
I want my 2 dollars..
You can have it next week when we get back from bitchin', it blew a power rail.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1162
Gear Guru
You all need to chill out and welcome to ZOMBO
Old 24th March 2014
  #1163
mfx
Lives for gear
 
mfx's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
You all need to chill out and welcome to ZOMBO
You've just made my day. Straight in my favourites.

Totally de-stressed after a boring day

Most poignant post of the last 2 to 3 pages.

Thank you.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1164
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
You all need to chill out and welcome to ZOMBO
Blows my mind that that site is still there telling you that you can do anything at "Zombo Com"! I swear I've easily visited that site like 10 years ago.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1165
Gear Guru
I typed it before checking.. thank god it's still there.. I think that site is from 98 or something.
Old 24th March 2014
  #1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
There are way more than two kinds of people in the world - as another example, those who bitch about gear, and those who bitch about other people bitching about gear.
Three kinds.
Those who don't bitch and get on with their music using the gear they have.
Rhythm Wolf is an el cheapo drum and bass machine.
I'll evaluate it if and when it is available for purchase.
I expressed interest in two products that were announced in January 2013 - Pro-Modular Euro Mixer and UAD2 AMS reverb plug-in. Neither are available yet for purchase.
$hit happens and life goes on.
I tend not to bitch about people bitching about gear. I'm am sometimes tempted to bitch about anonymous people calling other people they don't know liars. Especially when they have little concrete evidence to back up the accusation.
Old 25th March 2014
  #1167
PES
Lives for gear
 
PES's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot gigante View Post
Waaoooooooo00000000000
We came here for the Rhythm Waaoooooooo00000000000

But only found a fierce boxing 'roo

Old 25th March 2014
  #1168
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
Really, are you serious?


You claimed that was impossible, because Roland said in their marketing that they don't use samples, and because an artist relations employee at the Australian Roland distributors told you directly that they do not use any samples in the TD-30. My saying that Roland uses samples in those products, to you, is me calling Roland liars.

Roland has admitted to a forum user that they do use (at least) 909 samples in the TR-8, and reviews of the TD-30 have been shown to you that say that the TD-30 is based on multi-samples.

How can you continue on crying about me calling Roland liars, when it has been shown to you that they are? Aren't you embarrassed at all, to have generated so much forum argument, page after page, after having been shown that your beliefs that your argument is based on are incorrect? Why do you continue to argue that same point, knowing you are incorrect?
A rather disingenuous argument no? You are clearly smart enough to know darn well what Roland meant when they said they don't use samples in the TR-8. They meant they didn't sample a TR-808 or TR-909 to make the sounds in the TR-8. It's not a sample based tech. They don't use "909 samples" as you rather carelessly state above. They did not record a 909. They use the samples from the original cymbal sampled for the 909. There is a difference, and I suspect you understand that rather important distinction.

It's so so obvious this was the intention. Why harp on and on about this as if it's some "gotcha"? It's not. It's really really not.
Old 25th March 2014
  #1169
Lives for gear
 
mig27's Avatar
Seriously, this thread has died a while ago.
Admins, why don't you close it and wait for audio samples so people can start a new bash-fest.

My 2 cents..
Old 25th March 2014
  #1170
Deleted 2ecf148
Guest
what a thread dying sound like?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump