The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
Dude, this is not a one man operation, whatever happens will be part of a marketing campaign and will have to be sanctioned by Akai Pro, etc, it's not just a matter of one guy uploading some sounds.
why not? people leak classified info every day. we are only talking about a drum machine. besides how hard can it be for any non-moron to record some sounds and upload them to youtube without getting caught? let's hear the damn thing already.
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Addict

because your wants are paramount? classic narcissism
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
because your wants are paramount? classic narcissism
right because i'm the only person that has been wanting to hear this thing for the past two weeks. thanks for noticing
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

if they are waiting so they can be heard over the aira fanfare it may be a while
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Addict

sharing a desire with others doesn't make it less selfish. you suggested he act in a way detrimental to his future.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
sharing a desire with others doesn't make it less selfish. you suggested he act in a way detrimental to his future.
fyi narcissism and selfishness are not the same thing. and if i was in his position i would do it for the benefit of everyone so no, i'm not being selfish.
are you a ???
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Addict

one is a subset of the other. I'm not a cop, I'm a realist, and someone who does something that would be harmful to his employer would in all likelihood quickly become unemployed, and probably be unemployable.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

nothing good was ever accomplished by a realist
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Addict

Good would be having this guy put his career at risk over a stupid demo video being released before the drum machine was ready? Ok.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

ok so akai was prepared to show it musikmesse but there was a mishap and now the project has become top secret. something here doesn't add up and i think it's time to get to the bottom of this. someone seriously needs to start an online petition.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Why is the truth so hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
ok so akai was prepared to show it musikmesse but there was a mishap and now the project has become top secret. something here doesn't add up and i think it's time to get to the bottom of this. someone seriously needs to start an online petition.
From Nick Batt's SonicState.com podcast. Watch at the 10-min mark:

"Off camera, basically what they told me had happened
was the engineers were working so hard to get it
ready that they were up half the night and they just
plugged it in wrong and it blew it up before the show.
So it wouldn't make any noise."

(Watch Nick's facial expressions as he relates that.)

"Whether that's the case or not, or whether they just
hadn't voiced it and didn't want to present it when it
hadn't been voiced properly was another matter...."

Amazing caveat. essentially saying, 'Whether or not Akai lied to me....'
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
Amazing caveat. essentially saying, 'Whether or not Akai lied to me....'
ok that makes sense. definitely some type of cover-up going on. thanks for the info.
Old 24th March 2014
I guess I shouldn't be gobsmacked this is going the same way as the Aira threads.
Roland are liars, now Akai are too.
just chill out and wait for the product to be finished.
Maybe it blew up, maybe it wasn't quite ready. S what???????
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
good point. definitely worth considering. i'll wait another 48 hours and see if anything shakes out.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
You're seriously taking this personally and coming off as unhinged.

Back up a little, there is no reason why audio demos should be such a pitchforks-and-torches affront.
It's absolutely not personal. The Akai guy is keeping up with the thread so I was just asking him to share what exactly they're working on for curiosity's sake. Are they testing different capacitors for the HiHats etc? There's no harm in asking him what's going on with it.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
good point. definitely worth considering. i'll wait another 48 hours and see if anything shakes out.
Than what?
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveswisher View Post
It's absolutely not personal. The Akai guy is keeping up with the thread so I was just asking him to share what exactly they're working on for curiosity's sake. Are they testing different capacitors for the HiHats etc? There's no harm in asking him what's going on with it.
And you felt the best way to seek his trust with information that could perceivably portray the company's product in a negative light would be to grow impatient and tell him in no uncertain terms that he's attempting to deceive you.

Quote:
nothing good was ever accomplished by a realist
Good god, the narcissism here. You're not even a slacktivist, you're someone who wants an audio demo before the company has completed them. Go volunteer and do some good for the world while you're using that analogy.

They're being respectful to a fellow member of the community and not treating them like a PR puppet 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot gigante View Post
Than what?
Then we check the police blotters :(
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot gigante View Post
Than what?

Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
tell him in no uncertain terms that he's attempting to deceive you.
Not sure how you got to that conclusion.
Old 24th March 2014
bry
Gear Addict

Quote:
why not? people leak classified info every day. we are only talking about a drum machine. besides how hard can it be for any non-moron to record some sounds and upload them to youtube without getting caught? let's hear the damn thing already.
Not everyone non-moron is that excited about being fired just so you can listen to an mp3 of something they know will be officially available to people well before it's actually available to buy.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
Akai did some really good stuff in the past and no reason that this one will be short of excellent features.
This opens nice access to low budget market.
Good move Akai and good luck !
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Guru
Strangely having the TR-8 makes me want the Rhythm Wolf more.. think they might really get along..
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djugel View Post
Strangely having the TR-8 makes me want the Rhythm Wolf more.. think they might really get along..
me too. i already pre-ordered.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude, wtf!?

Just relax, take your pill or whatever.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Dude, wtf!?

Just relax, take your pill or whatever.
Spazoo.

Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Haha an online petition. Sounds effective ...
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't be gobsmacked this is going the same way as the Aira threads.
Roland are liars, now Akai are too.
just chill out and wait for the product to be finished.
Roland lied to you, and you were repeating those lies as if they were fact.

Actually Dan has previously said that MPC5000 OS version 3 was going to happen, it hasn't, and that the vintage modes in the MPC Renassiance are hardware emulations, when they are actually VST plugins.

Akai has a history of being deceptive, just as Roland are with their marketing.

If it wasn't quite ready, he shouldn't have pretended that it was, and shouldn't have said that he would put up sound demos when he got back from Messe, if he couldn't.
Old 24th March 2014
Seriously, all I ever see you do is go around the forum bullying people and calling all music companies liars.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seriously, all I ever see you do is go around the forum bullying people and calling all music companies liars.
Roland lied to you, Akai lied to it's users.

Care to explain exactly what bullying I have been doing?

Even Nick from Sonic State was sceptical about their excuse for having no sound from the unit at Messe.

On second thoughts, don't bother explaining anything, I am really not interested in what you think.

You are unable to accept that Roland lied to you, when given proof, you just can't handle it when someone does not agree with you.

Akai needs to put up the sound demos, like they said they would, or simply not make those sort of commitments in the first place, if they can't meet them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search