The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexfx69 View Post
Mr xparis from Akai, do you know when we will hear audio of it, the day has come and gone where we were told by Akai we would hear audio demos. Impatient, yes, but appreciative if you could update us on this. Thanks.
Mr xparis from Akai, is Dan from Akai, the same guy in the Sonic State Messe video who said he would put some sound examples up when he got back from Messe this week.
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonInAustralia View Post
Mr xparis from Akai, is Dan from Akai, the same guy in the Sonic State Messe video who said he would put some sound examples up when he got back from Messe this week.
Who you had no idea was until Newbee had to unfortunately out him. Now this place seems to have turned into a witch hunt.
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Now this place seems to have turned into a witch hunt.
Now where is that Wolf sound demo? There is a gang called G-sluts out looking for it
Old 22nd March 2014
there will not be a demo with sound. Akai releasing all these controllers and selling well, thinks it would work the same for a drum machine, why not :p
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Probably not this week, unfortunately. I hesitate to estimate again, considering the reaction, so all I'll say is "soon".
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Who you had no idea was until Newbee had to unfortunately out him. Now this place seems to have turned into a witch hunt.
Actually, I did have an idea, I have seen him post on other forums.

I think it is important that company employees are identified as such, when shilling their own gear in forum threads.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Difool View Post
Now where is that Wolf sound demo?
On last week's SonicState.com podcast Nick, who was at Musikmesse, said that he was told that engineers were working until the last minute on the one demo unit that they had and that they 'blew it up' the night before 'messe which is why there were no demos at the show. He then added that he didn't know if that was exactly the case or a cover story, which I thought was an interesting comment (interesting that he'd say it publicly!), and his suspiciousness and skepticism seems to be borne out by Akai's failure to post a single audio or video sample a week after 'messe closed.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Doritos have been blamed ;-)
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xparis001 View Post
Probably not this week, unfortunately. I hesitate to estimate again, considering the reaction, so all I'll say is "soon".
Thank you Dan for taking the time to give me an answer despite my impatiency - you're doing a great job and I enjoyed your demo - looking forward to the audio demos as well.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skira View Post
On last week's SonicState.com podcast Nick, who was at Musikmesse, said that he was told that engineers were working until the last minute on the one demo unit that they had and that they 'blew it up' the night before 'messe which is why there were no demos at the show. He then added that he didn't know if that was exactly the case or a cover story, which I thought was an interesting comment (interesting that he'd say it publicly!), and his suspiciousness and skepticism seems to be borne out by Akai's failure to post a single audio or video sample a week after 'messe closed.
Who cares? They're surely going to release them before release, so all this conspiracy theory silliness is unnecessary.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
Who cares? They're surely going to release them before release
I think that if they were not straight with the press or consumers then people should care.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Crying Wolf...
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think that if they were not straight with the press or consumers then people should care.
I don't think failure to record sounds of a drum machine and post them on the Internet is a hanging offense. Roland strung us along for months with Aira and the TR8. I doubt giving Akai a week or two will do any harm.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Rise Up, Sheeple!

Occupy Guitar Center!
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
Crying Wolf...
Hungry like the wolf!
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Here it is !

Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xparis001 View Post
Why? What specifically is keeping you from plugging the output of a prototype Rhythm Wolf into an interface or other recorder and creating an audio example of a few sonic capabilities?

Is it fear of the reaction? Maybe the prototypes are just cosmetic designs.

This is THE most interesting thing I've seen baring the name Akai in a long time.

I'm probably coming across like a dick but you're the one who said there would be an audio demo available in a week. What happened exactly? I'll try to be understanding no matter what as long as you give me the truth. Are the suits having second thoughts after researching the profitability of such a machine? Spill it man.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Akai did some really good stuff in the past and no reason that this one will be short of excellent features.
This opens nice access to low budget market.
Good move Akai and good luck !
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

1 week's work often turns into a month's, especially when people are splitting time between several projects. Cut the guy some slack. Given the example of the mods done on the volca beats, it's obvious little changes can make a big difference, so perhaps they're trying to find the best combination before doing the demo. People will be basing buying decisions based on these demos, so wait til it's right, then release them.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

I wasn't really interested until I remembered I want some drum pads.

If I buy this, it'll only cost me around an extra £80. For a new drum machine!
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
1 week's work often turns into a month's, especially when people are splitting time between several projects. Cut the guy some slack. Given the example of the mods done on the volca beats, it's obvious little changes can make a big difference, so perhaps they're trying to find the best combination before doing the demo. People will be basing buying decisions based on these demos, so wait til it's right, then release them.

Agreed -- people are practically bullying the guy, sheesh
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
Good point . This is like the Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario) philosophy of game design. An unfinished bad game can become good, but a released bad game is bad forever. While this may not hold for digital products which can receive firmware updates (games, synths,etc.), it's still true for "analog" products like old game cartridges and the Rhythm Wolf (I'm not trying to start an analog vs digital debate, I swear ).
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeofenki View Post
Qption said:

I have a wicked awesome analog clap sound. It’s my two hands hitting each other.

I can logout now...
And if you hit your butt you may get close to a RIMshot as well!

Buh dump bump tssssh...

Yeah I'll log out too...

Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveswisher View Post
Why? What specifically is keeping you from plugging the output of a prototype Rhythm Wolf into an interface or other recorder and creating an audio example of a few sonic capabilities?

This is THE most interesting thing I've seen baring the name Akai in a long time.

I'm probably coming across like a dick but you're the one who said there would be an audio demo available in a week. What happened exactly? I'll try to be understanding no matter what as long as you give me the truth. Are the suits having second thoughts after researching the profitability of such a machine? Spill it man.
You're seriously taking this personally and coming off as unhinged.

Back up a little, there is no reason why audio demos should be such a pitchforks-and-torches affront.
Old 23rd March 2014
bry
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveswisher View Post

Dude, this is not a one man operation, whatever happens will be part of a marketing campaign and will have to be sanctioned by Akai Pro, etc, it's not just a matter of one guy uploading some sounds. It's out when it's out, no one's making you buy one before that.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchBass View Post
Pre-Order placed today! Chose Aira launch day to be ironic. I am told I am the first in Brighton to pre-order. Oooh! UK projected retail is £160 !!!!!!!!!!!
you're the only one in brighton who's ordered an electronic instrument no one has heard? pretty surprising tbh
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
you're the only one in brighton who's ordered an electronic instrument no one has heard? pretty surprising tbh
Yeah it's just an expression of faith in the concept. More Interesting is that $199 in the US comes out to £160 UK price at the moment which is cool.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Guru
Oh hey... AKAI... make the gate out programmable OK?

just do it..
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchBass View Post
Yeah it's just an expression of faith in the concept. More Interesting is that $199 in the US comes out to £160 UK price at the moment which is cool.
for the 200 dollar price range 25%ish on top of the dollar to pound exchange rate is completely average really... nothing cool or interesting there

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search