The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai unveils Rhythm Wolf - analog drum machine and bass synth Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Maniac

I was quite disappointed to hear the guy at the Akai stand say we can't get sound as it was a not working prototype. That sounds a bit strange. Either it really broke or someone told them it sounds like sh!t and they decided to take out the cables.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

This is and the Volca series among others are proof of concept for a $500 analogue polyphonic or a $500 full-featured analogue drum machine à la MFB Tanzbär.
Good times, keep em coming!
Old 14th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I was quite disappointed to hear the guy at the Akai stand say we can't get sound as it was a not working prototype. That sounds a bit strange. Either it really broke or someone told them it sounds like sh!t and they decided to take out the cables.
it's just not ready yet.

it was supposed to be ready.

but it's not.
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
Listen to the new Skrillex album...
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

No, i'd rather not listen to it.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

No, i'd rather not listen to it.
well, it is the first one I could listen to, not even Dubstep. Good DJ stuff ...

Skrillex & Diplo - Dirty Vibe (ft. G Dragon and CL) - YouTube
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
well, it is the first one I could listen to, not even pure dubstep anymore

Skrillex & Diplo - Dirty Vibe (ft. G Dragon and CL) - YouTube
Jesus christ that was bad. It's like some strange comedy music, from a futuristic Benny Hill show.

I dig the sonics of some dubstep (Digital Mystikz stuff for example) though, I'm not a complete hater. That Skrillex one was just really bad, in about every imaginable way.

I'm 37 though. People 20 years older than me probably don't like house and techno either.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 14th March 2014
Gear Addict

It was an empty box .....he he
They check the potential of the market maybe
Anyway the futures are great, maybe its a modular, you buy first the box, and the next year the cable, at the end you must pay a license for a VST software.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmoore View Post
As a result, the tone of the oscillators and the response of the filters and envelopes of all TR-8s will be identical from one machine to another.
Not only that, with the USB-digital audio connection, the process of tracking into a DAW will sound exactly the same from user to user, when sending audio over USB, it will not have the variability in the analogue signal path into the DAW from analogue outputs.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
Jesus christ that was bad. It's like some strange comedy music, from a futuristic Benny Hill show.

I dig the sonics of some dubstep (Digital Mystikz stuff for example) though, I'm not a complete hater. That Skrillex one was just really bad, in about every imaginable way.

I'm 37 though. People 20 years older than me probably don't like house and techno either.
I am older than you actually. I like the beat of the track and the dirty talk and as a DJ, I would include it at some point in the set. Such a track is really mixable. Anyways, every drum sound is processed and sits well in the mix.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
this is funny to me because i spent nearly a decade listening to photographers complain about digital photography and how it was theoretically impossible for it to surpass the quality of chemical processing.

well it wasn't long until an overwhelming majority of them began shooting digital and loving it. today they have never-ending canon vs nikon debates... which is hilarious because those were the companies that were allegedly "ruining" photography for them. sony too.
A digital camera can be used to take a photo of an infinite number of different subjects.

The TR-8 'digital camera' can only take photos of the exact same 808/909 sounds.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am older than you actually. I like the beat of the track amd the dirty talk

Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by APHELEON View Post
another moron. where was the ignore button? here. Found it
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazoo View Post
i get it, but others of us understand that the time will come when digital will sound better than analog. some of us are ready to advance and apparently roland is also ready.

i understand bashing roland for some of their past but i don't understand bashing them for wanting to move forward.
Is recreating 34 year old drum machine sounds, as closley as possible, really advancing and moving anything forward?
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is recreating 34 year old drum machine sounds, as closley as possible, really advancing and moving anything forward?
You know you still want the TR-8 bad.

Cheers
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
You know you still want the TR-8 bad.
If I wanted it bad, I would have it on order.

Not really that interested in it just for 909 sounds, I would rather put that money towards a real 909.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

You mean you don't do 808

Cheers
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog1 View Post
They are not new in the business
We have to see anyway or hear first
They are actually new in the business, the InMusic/Numark owned Akai (they bought it in 2004) is a completely different company to the old Japanese Akai that made a few analogue synths years ago.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
You mean you don't do 808
No, I don't mean that at all.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
another moron. where was the ignore button? here. Found it
Ha...based on the "logic" of your other posts, I will take that as a compliment.
Old 14th March 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Anyways, every drum sound is processed and sits well in the mix.
Anyways, every society member is processed and sits well in the mix.

p.s

sorry, could not resist, but nothing personal!!! i just thought it could be a line in some dystopian book.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

I would gladly play that Skrillex song in my dj set, but the bloody mono-PA in my club would just ruin it.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

^^ Just kidding, of course. That Skrillex song would ruin my club.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesS!eR35 View Post
Anyways, every society member is processed and sits well in the mix.

p.s

sorry, could not resist, but nothing personal!!! i just thought it could be a line in some dystopian book.
Thinking in terms of Orwell, right? The suppressed middle class has to suffer from everything being mono whereas the upper class can fully enjoy stereo. Could not resist, have a nice day ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seccione View Post
^^ Just kidding, of course. That Skrillex song would ruin my club.
your bedroom club maybe. If you don't feel the beat ...
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
your bedroom club maybe. If you don't feel the beat ...
Wife told me I can feel it. The bedroom club is safe.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Hmm, about that new Skrilly record.. A mediocre trap song, with played out molly references, probably engineered more by Diplo than rillix.. I hear nuttin special here, franky Diplos own trap tunes are way better.

Btw, I thought the youngsters have moved into digging house? with that oldschool analog lofi vibe? This trap stuff is so 2013
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
..No hint to any vintage lofi mono productions.
Nope, it's modern lo-fi: Over-limited, digital harshness.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

If I've got it right, there are no sounds from the Rythm Wolf because of a power SNAFU, right?

Did nobody say "hey, we're at a big trade show with lots of video, why don't we overnight another demo model"? This sounds good on paper, but it might just be a box of wet farts.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

^^ Akai rep told it was a joke* of some sort. The boxes they're showing are not final. (Maybe not even functional?)

For example, in this interview the Akai dude mentions that the whole distortion circuit could still be changed.

*read 'lie'
Old 14th March 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Thinking in terms of Orwell, right? The suppressed middle class has to suffer from everything being mono whereas the upper class can fully enjoy stereo. Could not resist, have a nice day ...

haha you talking about cellphones, right?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search