The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waldorf Streichfett Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 18th August 2014
Gear Addict

Got the green light from the other half (despite this being THE most GAS filled month ever)

Streichfett on the way!!!!
Old 18th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by genshi View Post
Apparently they can't be found in the U.S. yet, but I called Sweetwater and they say they are getting them at the end of the month. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Bummer! Guess I'll be waiting a little longer then...
Old 18th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
I pronounce Streichfett as "strike-fet".

I've just been calling it the Waldorf Strike Force....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mtl5AiPGVM
Old 19th August 2014
Here for the gear

Wooow It sounds very nice!!!!!! I prefer the clean sound in strings with a small stone phaser..... There is a youtube video with that demo...... I will buy it when i earn a bit of money.....
Old 19th August 2014

All mine!
Old 20th August 2014
Lives for gear

Thomann starts to annoy big time. It's about the 5th time that they pushed the delivery into the future. The next delivery date has been announced for mid September...anyone else being let down by Thoman. Bad enough my local store has it in stock.
Old 20th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by akai612 View Post
Thomann starts to annoy big time. It's about the 5th time that they pushed the delivery into the future. The next delivery date has been announced for mid September...anyone else being let down by Thoman. Bad enough my local store has it in stock.
Music Store DE, also delivering in CHF, reports stock on 1/9
http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/CHF/W...SYN0004545-000
Old 20th August 2014
Gear Addict

There are several stores here in the UK who have them in stock.
Old 20th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsByJB View Post
Music Store DE, also delivering in CHF, reports stock on 1/9
Waldorf - Streichfett String Synthesizer : Virtuell analoge Synthesizer
well, thank you. I just placed a order at Music-Store...
Old 20th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepc0re View Post

All mine!
Loving your gear. Well here's to hoping its in the USA by Xmas at least....
Old 21st August 2014
Gear Addict

Mine arrived today. Genuinely very exciteded!!
Old 22nd August 2014
Gear Head

Which parts can be automated trough your DAW?
Old 22nd August 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldweather View Post
Which parts can be automated trough your DAW?
The manual's up on Waldorf's site and it lists the MIDI CC numbers for the things that can be controlled, which I seem to recall is pretty much (if not actually) everything.
Old 23rd August 2014
Lives for gear

If anyone could chime in after buying this who has ever owned or used a Roland RS-09 in the past, could this thing get in the same ballpark soundwise? The RS-09 had Organ/String only. The RS-09 was used by Newcleus and Juan Atkins back in the day, I would prefer to buy the Streichfett as it has midi, smaller and cheaper if I was to ever buy a Stringer...

Also when I was younger I used to love the intro on this below not realising until recently it was a Stringer...

Cheers!
Old 25th August 2014
1.07 firmware seems to have been released, havnt been able to try it yet, anyone else found it solves the crackling of the phaser?
Old 27th August 2014
Here for the gear

Cologne music store is stocking them now and mine arrived today!

Unfortunately I am already running into problems: The MIDI input is not sent through to the MIDI output. I can't find anything in the manual about that either.

Can someone give me a clue who has experience with Waldorf synths? This should be standard functionality shouldn't it? I need it to integrate this into my MIDI rig.
Old 27th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInTheVan View Post
Cologne music store is stocking them now and mine arrived today!

Unfortunately I am already running into problems: The MIDI input is not sent through to the MIDI output. I can't find anything in the manual about that either.

Can someone give me a clue who has experience with Waldorf synths? This should be standard functionality shouldn't it? I need it to integrate this into my MIDI rig.
Why would the MIDI input be run through the MIDI Output ?
It would be run through a MIDI Through, which the Device doesn't have (like many synths nowadays).

The MIDI Out is there to send out the cc values of the knobs you twiddle to your DAW for Automation of the Streichfett.
Old 27th August 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive View Post
Why would the MIDI input be run through the MIDI Output ?
Because it makes sense to give the user the option to use the MIDI output as MIDI thru for flexibility reasons and most hardware synths that I worked with do that.
Old 27th August 2014
Lives for gear

Not all hardware synths have that option. In fact those that do have that option are in minority. You were just lucky to work with them, so gotten used to it.
Old 27th August 2014
VST
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInTheVan View Post
Because it makes sense to give the user the option to use the MIDI output as MIDI thru for flexibility reasons and most hardware synths that I worked with do that.
Get a thru box. Problem solved
Old 28th August 2014
Lives for gear

Read on a youtube video comments that new firmware is 'a bag of bugs' and the owner returned the unit. Anybody can confirm this? Does the new firmware solve the clipping issue?
Old 28th August 2014
Lives for gear

Well by the time it gets to the US maybe the bugs will be gone? Lol.

Still want.
Old 28th August 2014
Gear Maniac

maybe us, in the US, will see this thing by the time Akai releases the sequel to the Rhythm Wolf…..the "Melody Shark", perhaps?
Old 28th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
Well by the time it gets to the US maybe the bugs will be gone? Lol.

Still want.
I'm the same here

Just want to know if it's ready to buy. There are no notes on the firmware.
Old 28th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhead View Post
Read on a youtube video comments that new firmware is 'a bag of bugs' and the owner returned the unit. Anybody can confirm this? Does the new firmware solve the clipping issue?
I can confirm much less clipping, not sure if its all gone, but too describe the thing as 'a bag of bugs' is bull****.
Old 28th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can confirm much less clipping, not sure if its all gone, but too describe the thing as 'a bag of bugs' is bull****.
Is it digital clipping or analogue clipping. Is any volume knob/param helping?
Old 28th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by redloheb View Post
Is it digital clipping or analogue clipping. Is any volume knob/param helping?
Just did an extensive test, it seems to be digital clipping on some very specific sweet spots. Send them the results.
Old 29th August 2014
Gear Maniac

I don't want to break the rules here but there is at least one vendor in the U.S. that has these in stock right now. It is a boutique shop in California. I will leave it at that. Saw it on their website.
I saw some of you were thinking months before it got here.
And no, I'm not a salesman for anyone. I'm 3K miles from California.
Seems like a nice shop as I've had some dealings with them in the past.
Helpful people.
Old 29th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks.

These were the comments:

'PS: sent it back where i bought it, it is at the moment a bag full of bugs...so sad, i liked the sound of it very much'

'yes, i dont understand it, yesterday after the update it runs ok, today it is unusable, even cubase hangs up...
sent it back i dont have time to wait for months for updates (i am shure they will fix it someday)'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPCdvazdOA
Old 29th August 2014
Lives for gear

mine arrived today. Well, its not replacing my Crumar anytime soon but its a pretty bad ass box this little Streichfett...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search