The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waldorf Streichfett Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 10th July 2014
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Ok folks, some good news!!! Streichfett will be here in about two weeks. A YouTube demo should be up in about three weeks! I will try my best.

Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

Ok folks, some good news!!! Streichfett will be here in about two weeks. A YouTube demo should be up in about three weeks! I will try my best.

Don could I ask kindly if in one small section of your demo, you could perhaps try and do a rough approximation of the Trident majestic sound for me? I trust you of all people to see if it could be done.

Thanks
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

Good to hear Don. Will this be available through Analogue Haven or any of the big boys?
Old 20th July 2014
Gear Maniac
Oh man, I can always resist my gas except for one specific type of synth. Somehow, no matter what, string machines drive gas like no other. Thank you Waldorf, for making this very affordable. My financial advisor won't be too disappointed in this purchase.
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

Old 22nd July 2014
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat earth View Post
Don could I ask kindly if in one small section of your demo, you could perhaps try and do a rough approximation of the Trident majestic sound for me?
I will try my best. You know i have a bad spot for Trident in my mind because of all of the bad luck that hit me with it, so i'm trying to avoid even thinking of it. I still didn't sold my Blofeld neither, to finance the Trident MkI. Somehow, no luck for me there...

All of that because i was offered a nice Trident MkI by (well, if you remember that guy who you thought looked like Curt Cobain) aka Analog Moon Rider for 400 notes. And i refused it because i didn't liked strings. Can you believe. Those majestic space COSMOS strings. What was wrong with me?!! Well that was some 10 years ago and at that time i was more into Solina and hated other stringers. Also had Korg Delta and thought, nah! i won't take Trident, the strings aren't that far away, i want Solina....

The irony is, Roginator's Trident is, i think, believe, that same Trident that i played back then. Except now it has "1" in front of the original price. And i can't sell Blo to finance it. No luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood View Post
Good to hear Don. Will this be available through Analogue Haven or any of the big boys?
No idea. I'm just a random dork who's tweaking Waldorf knobs.
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear
Haha nice
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I will try my best. You know i have a bad spot for Trident in my mind because of all of the bad luck that hit me with it, so i'm trying to avoid even thinking of it. I still didn't sold my Blofeld neither, to finance the Trident MkI. Somehow, no luck for me there...

All of that because i was offered a nice Trident MkI by (well, if you remember that guy who you thought looked like Curt Cobain) aka Analog Moon Rider for 400 notes. And i refused it because i didn't liked strings. Can you believe. Those majestic space COSMOS strings. What was wrong with me?!! Well that was some 10 years ago and at that time i was more into Solina and hated other stringers. Also had Korg Delta and thought, nah! i won't take Trident, the strings aren't that far away, i want Solina....

The irony is, Roginator's Trident is, i think, believe, that same Trident that i played back then. Except now it has "1" in front of the original price. And i can't sell Blo to finance it. No luck!
Thanks

I have to say, when I originally got the Trident, the brass impressed me most. The Strings grew on me more and more. I can hear that majestical signature sound in the Lambda and Polysix sometimes. Never heard it in the Delta though. The Strechfett also brought back memories from the demos, and I suspect you off all programmers have the talent to give it a shot.

btw, my old Trident MK1 is on ebay UK atm. Someone is trying to sell it for £2100

Love em, but they ain't worth that.
Old 23rd July 2014
Here for the gear

(Not my videos, just forwarding)
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

If they can roll off some of that top end on the Streichfett, I think they might have something. LP, EQ, whatever to take the edge off. I think I'm buying anyway, but it would be nice not to have to post-EQ it.
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Maniac

What happened to the James Bond villain names? I'm still waiting for the Waldorf Pussy Galore! Get your act together Waldorf!
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
(Not my videos, just forwarding)

These are pretty pointless sound comparisons. They hardly sound alike, exept in the broadest of terms. I mean I like the Streichfett and all, but if you're going to A/B at least make sure you have something that stands up to the comparison.. and play the same octave
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
and play the same octave
fomclol
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralform View Post
What happened to the James Bond villain names? I'm still waiting for the Waldorf Pussy Galore! Get your act together Waldorf!
Haha, sounds like an aim rather than a name.
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Pussy Galore would indeed fit better, given that Waldorf's official website describes Streichfett with the words "Its dual sound engine features a fully polyphonic strings section and a monophonic solo section, which is essential for recreating how adult movies sounded thirty years ago."
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

There's a preset in the Blofeld called Pussy Galore.
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

How about "Gold Stringer"

Quote:
Old 25th July 2014
News Desk Editor

Waldorf announces availability of Streichfett String Synthesizer

REMAGEN, GERMANY: having opened many eyes and ears when being premiered at Musikmesse 2014 in Frankfurt, Germany, high-quality synthesizer developer Waldorf is proud to announce availability of the Streichfett String Synthesizer — successfully bringing back to life the extinct string synthesizer sounds of yesteryear with a modern-day musical twist — as of July 25...

Back in the Seventies and early-Eighties, keyboard players wishing to create (not necessarily authentic-sounding) string sections often turned to so-called string machines making use of top octave divider technology to produce polyphonic pitching for each key played. Popular in their heyday, these distinctive-sounding string synths can be heard all over classic recordings by both electronic music innovators, prog rockers, and pop acts of the time — think French synth showman Jean-Michel Jarre’s multi- million-copy-selling Oxygene, or even adult movies of a similar vintage — think German synthmeister Klaus Schulze’s soundtrack to Bodylove, but died a death when more authentic-sounding sampling technology took hold. However, now Waldorf has successfully brought back to life those extinct string synthesizer sounds of yesteryear with a modern-day musical twist thanks to the Streichfett String Synthesizer, a colourful desktop module that surely stands out far from the musical crowd!

Who better qualified, then, to touch upon the whys and wherefores of string machine revival (with a cultural culinary knowing nod and a wink) than Waldorf Music CTO Stefan Stenzel: “We had a string machine in our office, and, although it was malfunctioning, we enjoyed playing it. Everything sounded like it could serve as a soundtrack to an Eighties ‘sensual’ movie! We thought it would be fun to create something similar, so we listened to many different string machines to figure out the sweet spots of each individual machine. Quickly the name ‘Streichfett’ stuck, and we decided to revive the extinct species of string synthesizers.”

As such, Streichfett brings the distinctive string synth sounds of those now-much-missed machines to today’s discerning musicians by cleverly combining the best of yesteryear’s classics with today’s technological advances — all neatly squeezed into an attractive compact and cost-effective package with everything to play for. Indeed, its dual sound engine features a 128-voice polyphonic STRINGS section (with Choir, Organ, Brass, Cello, Viola, and Violin presets) and an eight-voice polyphonic SOLO section (with shimmering-sounding, slightly percussive Bass, E-Piano, Clavi, Synth, and Pluto presets that blend well with the STRINGS section) — essential for creating those velvety smooth sounds with high-fat content! Essential, even, for creating ‘vintage’ adult movie soundtracks — Parental Advisory Explicit Lyrics optional! The Ensemble effect handles lubrication of the STRINGS section while the EFFECT section adds adjustable Phaser or Reverb. Alternatively, the EFFECT section can be used to Animate the STRINGS register, resulting in spectacular sound morphing effects.

While those presets bear little resemblance to their real-world instrument namesakes, that’s not the point here. Just like yesteryear’s classic string synthesizers, Streichfett delivers distinctively rich and creamy pads unobtainable on any modern-day instrument and succeeds in doing so with a simple and easy to comprehend user interface that belies the somewhat complex sound engine that lies beneath. But despite being blessed with relatively few controls, quite an array of sounds can quickly be dialled in, so it’s just as well that Streichfett can store 12 user-programmed patches in its MEMORY. More reasons to be cheerful and take it on stage, surely?

Streichfett’s robust, roadworthy casing matches its cheerfully-coloured Rocket Synthesizer and 2-Pole Analog Filter siblings, and, of course, comes complete with MIDI In and MIDI Out plus USB connectivity for equally easy integration into any modern-day DAW- based recording setup. Left/Stereo and Right/Mono Audio Out and a headphone output ensure that the outside world can clearly hear its distinctive sounds in all their ear-opening glory.

Go check one out at an authorised Waldorf dealer today. To see and hear Streichfett is to surely want one... velvety smooth with high- fat content for sure! So why not spread some Streichfett all over your tracks today. They deserve to sound rich and creamy, don’t they?

Streichfett is available to purchase from Waldorf dealers worldwide with an SRP of €279.00 EUR (including tax). Check out the dedicated Streichfett webpage for more detailed info here: Streichfett Overview
Old 25th July 2014
Gear Nut
Finally a new demo!

Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Very very cool. Thank you for posting the video. So about $375 list - looks like it will be around Rocket pricing when it hits the stores in the US.

Streichfett Overview
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

That thing sounds great.
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Loving what I hear so far! Getting really inspired.
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Wowwww so much better than the first demos some months ago. ****, I need this :D
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Almost a cert for me now.
Old 25th July 2014
Gear Maniac

Yes, I'm in.
Old 25th July 2014
Gear Addict

Mein Gott! o_O

To hell with waiting to try this thing out in person, I must have it asap.
Old 25th July 2014
Gear Addict

Yes. Oh yes!
Old 25th July 2014
Gear Maniac
For a low cost hardware synth, this sounds pretty good! I'm very happy I can control the amount of the FX. At the price, I wasn't expecting amazing controls over the fx. Waldorf always catches my eye.
Old 26th July 2014
sounds pretty old, which is a good thing. and for this price..
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

Mmmmm, pretty impressive and a great price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search