The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Will Samplers prices go up?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by geob View Post
Did Ensoniq totally screw up the design of the ASR10? ...
No, I think people who don't work with Ensoniqs everyday might think it's slow with such a small display. An ASR10 with SCSI, load and save times are quick, and Ensoniq have combination keys as shortcuts, macros for file access, and the slider rather than a wheel for changing parameters! And the sound has that lower mid push like the Emu. If you get a good one, you'd enjoy it. Note the IF.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyvizier View Post
No, I think people who don't work with Ensoniqs everyday might think it's slow with such a small display. An ASR10 with SCSI, load and save times are quick, and Ensoniq have combination keys as shortcuts, macros for file access, and the slider rather than a wheel for changing parameters! And the sound has that lower mid push like the Emu. If you get a good one, you'd enjoy it. Note the IF.
Aha they got it right. Back in the old days they had more time for development and not just rush a product out the door.

Ensoniq realized that sliders make it possible to change the sound in a fraction of a second while your playing without missing a beat. You can visually see how much of whatever is being applied unlike pad interfaces which are so popular on synths now due to the preponderance of people nowadays who want to finger swipe.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
many samplers have horrendous user interfaces. Really horrendous. Even bad.
and are you still thinking of buying Greenland?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Yeah, it really depends on the sampler. E-Mu Ultra is pretty convoluted, ESI-4000 is easier than an Ultra, but barely, but MPC's are absolute cake to use.
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Yeah, it really depends on the sampler. E-Mu Ultra is pretty convoluted, ESI-4000 is easier than an Ultra, but barely, but MPC's are absolute cake to use.
Cant speak for the esi4000 but the Ultra is one of the most logically laid out samplers. You want so see convoluted try a Roland S-550 even with the monitor.

I own an EIII. Isnt the ESI4000 a glorified ESI32? Isn't the ESI32 a cheaper more modern EIIIXP? My EIII certainly isnt easier than an ultra. Only one aspect is: the fact each module and parameter can be selected by button with the guide printed on top of the keyboard. i believe the ESI is different in that respect.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

ESi = not especially easi-to-use.
Akais are the most logical imo (from what i've tried)
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

YMMV, but I didn't like getting around on the Ultra. The ESI was way easier, imho.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search