The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help me put together a stealthy HW setup for the office cubicle
Old 25th November 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsynth View Post
I did get some very good suggestions and I'm shopping for a QY70 as a result. I think it is much better than my original proposal of using monotrons and a looper pedal. In fact if anyone here has a QY70 to sell, let me know.
all the QYs 70,100,300,700 are good. The 700 especially is still great today. maybe too conspicuous with the big screen.

Much of 90s gear is good at looking super boring in a good way.

...roland MC80 too. Roland MC80

...black mpc1k with black pads.

Oh, check out the zoom r8 mixer, kinda looper/sampler, kinda drum machine, built in mics, battery powered so It's a great bit of bathroom/lunchbreak kit too. R8 | ZOOM

roland pma5 (needs power adapter)

boss dr5 is fun, but really don't look musical.
boss dr202 is probably too orange - you could take all the knobs off...
Old 30th December 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsynth View Post
The problem is that the ipad is so recognizable--and where I work is associated with gaming and movies, etc. On the other hand, my desktop currently already has a bunch of electronic items (telephone, headset, monitor, computer, mouse, keyboard, docking station, chargers, power strips etc.) with a lot of cables and wires running around. A lot of the smaller modules like monotrons/nanozwerg/522 would fit right in there.
What planet do you work on? The Ipad is simply a general purpose tablet computer which can be used for sending/receiving emails, accessing/reading .pdf files (including technical manuals) or even configuring networking equipment. It also has some incredible music applications.It obviously would be ideal for what you described and could be used discretely and is self-contained and ultraportable. For you to use the lame excuses that it is "recognizable" and associated with gaming and movies where you work is pathetic is an insult to your co-workers and also to the members of this forum.

Kill that noise.
Old 30th December 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
He doesn't need any "lame excuses", he simply doesn't want an iPad. This place is hilarious for trying to dictate what people must spend their own money on.
📝 Reply