Somewhere around 1998.
Old 29th October 2016
Lives for gear

lol
Old 31st October 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
Nice! I used to have an MC-505 years ago. There are small occasions when I kinda miss it. I sold it because I thought having the same sounds (or similar sounds) in the JV1080 was redundant. In addition, I also read about common issues with MC-505 LCD screens prematurely failing so I felt I was forced to sell mine while it was still in perfect condition (bought it new) because I didn't want do deal with those problems in the future. Since the MC-505 is basically the JV sound engine with a few waves and patches from the JV Techno and Hop-Hop expansion cards, it's mainly the portability and interface I miss more so than the sound, considering I have the JV1080. However, if I were in the market to buy another Roland MC Groovebox, it would probably be the MC-909 because of the big screen and sample import features.

Last edited by kvmoore; 31st October 2016 at 05:56 AM..
Old 31st October 2016
Lives for gear

Lol I'm so tempted to do this to my much loved MC 303. Now an updated Aria SP 808 alike would be cool, if only for a remedy for the frickin Zip drive.
Old 11th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCOPA View Post
Hey guys, off topic: Any TB303/3/03 guy interested in completing my survey for my MSc thesis "303-Is it coming back?"?

I'm trying to reach a statistically significant sample in order to spread through GS the results.

Survey link: https://unibocconi.qualtrics.com/SE/...u41b4FGhID4ipv

If is not in english, you can choose the language option at the top right.
Please help me, I'll mention GS and all of you in the acknowledgements.
Obviusly it's an anonymous survey. I hope you'll like it.
Done
Old 11th February 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesign75 View Post
Done
Many thx man, really appreciated!
Old 11th February 2017
Lives for gear

The survey lacks quality.

E.g. it forces the participants to call one or more of the devices "warm sounding". Participants who don't agree are forced to leave without completing the survey. The result of such a survey will always be whatever the maker of the survey wants to hear.
Old 10th November 2017 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikroom View Post
Just got the 1M today and can't register the Product Key..It says "No product found" after I enter the 3 sets of numbers/letters. Anyone got this working (UK)
Did you manage to do this in the end? I'm encountering the same problem with my System 8 product key and I'd be interested in your solution (if any).
Old 11th November 2017 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrainger View Post
Did you manage to do this in the end? I'm encountering the same problem with my System 8 product key and I'd be interested in your solution (if any).
? My 1m is registered for some time since getting it. Doing that allowed the discount SH-02 plug-outs to be purchased (recommended). Never had any issue. If your code doesn't work, strange - contact Roland support?
Old 6th December 2017
Gear Head
Anyone here anything about some poly VST's for the System 1? It would be nice to have the jp-08 on it, but I guess VST's just end up being cracked and copied on torrents which leads me to think that's why they only have mono's on it and then did all the boutique releases.
Old 6th December 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue5 View Post
Anyone here anything about some poly VST's for the System 1? It would be nice to have the jp-08 on it, but I guess VST's just end up being cracked and copied on torrents which leads me to think that's why they only have mono's on it and then did all the boutique releases.
The poly plugouts are out (in the roland Cloud service) but only work with the system 8.
📝 Reply