The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
How do you process your acid lines?
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

How do you process your acid lines?

Just interested in how everyone processes their TB/TT303 acid lines?

Any pedals / plugins which compliment them especially?

How were they processing them "back in the day"???

I look forward to hearing from you
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Maniac

Distortion pedals/plugins or an over drive is what I find good results with. I never push them to hard, just enough for some grit.

Acid lines, I find, don't need much processing after coming out of the 303 because that 303 is what an acid line is.

Sent from my LG-E617G
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Guru
a smidge of delay..
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

ProCo Rat distortion (only a little most of the time)

Sometimes a reverb sidechained to the original signal so you get little washes of verb after the accents - only the accents should tickle the compressor to duck the 'verb. Sounds magical.

Sometimes I'll heavily limit it so I get the tone of the accents without the volume spikes.

Sometimes a big mid-range EQ scoop so it's all bass but with wispy highs when the rez is up. If I'm doing this, I generally do the heavy limiting as well so that I can pump the rez without a volume drop.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Side chained reverb is a great idea that never occured to me at all, some great info here!

Anyone else?
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Nut

Found just boosting the input level of my x0xb0x on my cr1604 had a nice smooth distortion better than my mxr distortion pedal.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Distortion and delay is awesome on resonant sounds.. really like to bit crush em too

Sent from my HTC6435LVW
Old 24th October 2013
TT 303 here ... Mostly PRO CO RAT ; delay and reverb ... but u can experiment with others effects ( report the ones u prefer ...) don t forget u can process it with others synths using their filters ... here is a little jam with no processing at all ( just a limiter on the buss ) with TT 303 and ELECTRO HARMONIX micro q tron ...

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

x0xb0x here, little splash of reverb to get the res spikes ringing, touch of compression, HP filter. I find due to the changeable nature of the sound it's hard to have static processing.

Deffo going to try some of your tips though Network
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

x0xbox user here.
Besides the obvious use of tight reverb and delay.
ProCo RAT2
Big Muff Pi Bass
Moog MF-102
Moog MF-103
Moog MF-108
LiveCut for glitches.

To avoid spamming the sh!t out of this thread, examples are in many tracks in the top link of my signature.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search