The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
I Need a Simple and Inspiring Way to Make Music
Old 22nd October 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 
gremlin moon's Avatar
 

I Need a Simple and Inspiring Way to Make Music

What is the secret?

I love music but I frankly don't have the time to learn an instrument. I think reading music or knowing synth sound programming would be cool but TBH I picked up some Spanish while in Ibiza last year and that was the only boring part of an otherwise great time and I know synth programming would be 1000x worse!!! I love club music so much though that I absolutely have to make at least 3 major tracks before I die. I know some people who know some MAJOR superstar DJ's and I can definitely get them to play my songs -- an opportunity I don't want to pass up because everyone wants a top DJ to put their tracks in a raging mix. I bought Sylenth 1, Massive and Nexus with all of the sample packs and I've tried FL Studio and Logic but everything is super complicated and boring. I want to be inspired. I also bought tons of big room loops at Loopmasters and on BeatPort but I can't get them out of my itunes folder.

So my question is what is the most inspiring and easiest way to make a killer track? I really want to take this to a global level!

I'm thinking of getting a new Mac if that helps.

Peace!

P.S. Can you hire poor creative people to ghost-produce for you without having to go to the ghetto? If you know any PM me!!! Thnx.

Old 22nd October 2013
  #2
Gear Addict
 
Der Laborant's Avatar
 

13/10

Mate you have to buy some more sample packs in order to let inspiration strike.
And don't forget to buy at least one analouge synth. Roland are insider tips atm get one before they become too mainstream.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Please tell me that you posted this from under a bridge?!
Old 22nd October 2013
  #4
Gear Nut
 

if you say "Afrojack" in front of the mirror three time's he'll appear and teach you all his secrets.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Or throw cake at your own reflection
Old 22nd October 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptkiddy View Post
Please tell me that you posted this from under a bridge?!
A very classy way of not using the T word.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #7
Lives for gear
 

I think this is an intentional humor post- nobody with that many posts in his history could be asking this.

I remember some poster on the old Mastering Vast website that used a teddy bear as an avatar and used to type in a kind of ethnic derived broken English, with hilarious spelling errors, etc. That guy would ask really silly questions, but people thought it was because he was from another country and didn't know better so they would help. Then he would ask even more idiotic stuff and poke at them but not enough to stop the game. That guy was the grandmaster of the art of taking people for a ride. Wish I could remember his name. (Chubby?)
Old 22nd October 2013
  #8
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptkiddy View Post
Or throw cake at your own reflection
Old 22nd October 2013
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
I think this is an intentional humor post- nobody with that many posts in his history could be asking this.

I remember some poster on the old Mastering Vast website that used a teddy bear as an avatar and used to type in a kind of ethnic derived broken English, with hilarious spelling errors, etc. That guy would ask really silly questions, but people thought it was because he was from another country and didn't know better so they would help. Then he would ask even more idiotic stuff and poke at them but not enough to stop the game. That guy was the grandmaster of the art of taking people for a ride. Wish I could remember his name. (Chubby?)
The Borat of Internet forums!
Old 22nd October 2013
  #10
Old 22nd October 2013
  #11
Gear Addict
 
John Difool's Avatar
 

Old 22nd October 2013
  #12
Lives for gear
 
GJ999x's Avatar
lol

Sent from my GT-I9100P
Old 22nd October 2013
  #13
Lives for gear
 
shponglefan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin moon View Post
What is the secret?
The secret is to play all the notes. Once you play all the notes, you will have a music.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
pr0gr4m's Avatar
Face the Facts. You are a music lover, not a music maker. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If you can't get inspired and excited by the process of creating the sounds and writing songs using the tools you've already got, maybe you should redirect your love for music elsewhere.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #15
Lives for gear
 
grumphh's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shponglefan View Post
The secret is to play all the notes.
So wrong.


... the secret is in knowing which notes not to play.
Old 22nd October 2013
  #16
Gear Addict
 

First off, you will need a good publicist. Together, you contrive some kind of controversy that gets your name on CNN.

Second, you will need a name - a one word name - or initials.

As far as the tracks go - just hire some nerd or punk - they all sound the same.

Rap about booty and the club and money......simple really.

Inspiration? CEELO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd October 2013
  #17
Lives for gear
 
gremlin moon's Avatar
 

Thanks for the lulz guys. I was getting frustrated and had spent way too long trying to do some sound design things (let's just say that I refuse to get a V-Synth because it is 2013 and there should be at least one VST that can emulate a time trip pad)... I took a break to do some housekeeping on my hardrive and I came across my OP which I had written for my annual April Fools post but never posted.

I guess (after a frustrating stretch of not being able to make acceptable workarounds)I couldn't shake that there is this undercurrent or attitude that electronic music or electronic art is easy to make and yes it can be, but on the other hand it can push your mind into some serious humbling and time consuming work depending on what you envision. Anyway, I was just trying to make a little ironic fun of that EDM for Dummies approach that always seems to crop up and it seems Poe's Law got accidentally triggered as well -- which just shows how that spoonfed mentality has crept into the environment.
Poe's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 23rd October 2013
  #18
Lives for gear
 
dionysiananarchy's Avatar
its deceivingly hard, but people who sample packs for whole songs might find it easier,
Old 23rd October 2013
  #19
Gear Maniac
pass the barf bag asap
i am gonna vomit
Old 23rd October 2013
  #20
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_cross View Post
First off, you will need a good publicist. Together, you contrive some kind of controversy that gets your name on CNN.

Second, you will need a name - a one word name - or initials.

As far as the tracks go - just hire some nerd or punk - they all sound the same.

Rap about booty and the club and money......simple really.

Inspiration? CEELO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dj miKrow DicK?
Old 23rd October 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 
Praxisaxis's Avatar
 

This is a funny thread.

OP, on the off chance that you are in fact serious, here is my suggestion:

NO.





...
Old 23rd October 2013
  #22
Gear Addict
 
secretmountain's Avatar
 

There is no simple way to make good music.
Old 23rd October 2013
  #23
Lives for gear
 
BTByrd's Avatar
Old 23rd October 2013
  #24
Gear Maniac
 
slugworth's Avatar
 

rusko, is that you?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump