The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
WISH LIST: Ableton Live Lite for ipad
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

WISH LIST: Ableton Live Lite for ipad

Ableton will be doing humanity a service when they finally bring out a very skinny version of Live for ipad . . .

Don't need all the instrument samples, or all the effects, or all the synths, or millions of tracks and scenes ---

---just the basics. Even, say, 16 or 24 tracks in Session View would be very useful. Include basic effects, the way Cubasis does, the looper, maybe a basic synth and a sample player/drum machine . . . CoreMidi . . . Audiobus .... and voila!

Carrying around a laptop with Live AND a tablet to control it is so not what the ipad is meant for . . . put it all in one device.

p.s. People would pay good money for it.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Or you could buy a Window tablet (not a Surface RT) and have full Ableton with a touchscreen and all your VST plugins in a portable format.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptkiddy View Post
Or you could buy a Window tablet (not a Surface RT) and have full Ableton with a touchscreen and all your VST plugins in a portable format.
I may be wrong, but I don't believe Ableton works accurately with touchscreens.

Personally, I'd love to have even a barebones version of it on iOS.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

I don't know for sure but one assumes that this is less a problem with Ableton as its the operating system and HiD drivers that are responsible for taking a touch as a mouse input.

I'd rather try my luck on a tablet than try using Live in a 1024x768 window for a 10" device (7" if iPad mini).

Try it - get SplashTop and make a minimal Live set, use the iPad as the monitor...

I like the concept of iLive but, personally, wouldn't pay for or use it. That's not to say it couldn't, or shouldn't, be done.
Development wise, I don't think it'll be a problem 1 or 2 generations on.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

I dreamt about this - some combination of Ableton, Google Glass and neural actuators to have a full on, augmented reality, Live-DAW.
Some kind of floating HUD 'Lemur' tech - it was a vivid dream and I was a little bit gutted when the dream had gone :(
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search