The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for a VST sampler with specific demand
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Looking for a VST sampler with specific demand

Hello world,

I'm on the look for a VST sampler that will auto-load the sample when I'm browsing through different samples and will play them.

Ideally I would like to build a pattern, lets say for a kick drum, and then in the sampler I will have a file browser to load all my samples in and I will be able to change samples on the fly while the arrangement is playing so I will hear the changes live.

I'm sure there are ton of these samplers out there but I'm not up to date.

any suggestions?
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Take a look at NI Maschine, NI Battery, Xfer Nerve and FXpansion Geist.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

+1 for Maschine its the best choice for what you are looking for imo. I am a bit of a Maschine fanboy though
Old 22nd October 2013
You're looking for Metrum.

Comes loaded with layered kicks that you can swap out layers, make your own, or load your entire sample library and use your own which is what I prefer.

It has a browser. Find your clap folder for instance. Then scroll through selecting up to four as you go. Then transient, tune, pan, delay, on and on. My favorite part is how each layer has a graphical envelope you can click and drag to shape the sound.

I use it to trigger all my percussion samples.

Then there is Phalanx also which is new. It appears to build on Metrum and take it even further. It almost looks like a DAW, and costs more than Logic actually. I haven't looked into it too much or I will probably wind up buying it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search