The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
MicroKorg ?
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

MicroKorg ?

I would like oppunions from users.. How does it compare soundwise to today VAs.
Thanks!
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

The microkorg has characterful filter and vocoder sections. It has it's own niche. The newer microkorg xl is more flexible but has a slightly bland quality, the novation mininova/ultranova are much better choices these days, but you can still get plenty of use out of a microkorg.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adydub View Post
The microkorg has characterful filter and vocoder sections. It has it's own niche. The newer microkorg xl is more flexible but has a slightly bland quality, the novation mininova/ultranova are much better choices these days, but you can still get plenty of use out of a microkorg.
I feel that Microkorg sounds fatter, fuller than say Mininova.. Am I wrong?
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Addict

I've got the xl, and while programming it is akin to stroking a dog thru a letterbox, it does sound quite nice, rich in the right places and harsh when u need it to be. I like the filter and the waveforms on offer, and the little kb is a nice space saver and good for those on the move. I do just use it as a midi kb now, occasionally I'll use the arp, and I've not delved into the vocoder. It's a nice compact feature packed instrument.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan View Post
Thanks!
Dude just some advise. Be careful when you post a question like this one. Add more info next time. This sounds a lot like a Troll question.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRAZZ View Post
Dude just some advise. Be careful when you post a question like this one. Add more info next time. This sounds a lot like a Troll question.
I don t know what u mean. I think I was pretty clear.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks!
It's one of the most useful sythesizers for the money i love it! I mostly use it for the more "vintage" sounds and the vocooder mainly with the guitar as the input. The arp is useful as well but i dont use it as much as the other functions.
If you are looking for something more of modern sound tho you should check out the novation mininova it's more suitable for modern electronic music.

Oh and it could be tricky to edit the sounds at first beause of the sub editing but you get used to it with time.
And they have an editing software for the computer which is supposed to make things a tad easier for you to handle.

Sent from my GT-S5830i
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

MS2000 = Microkorg
R3 = MicroKorg XL = Radias (8 poly, 24 poly for Radias)

I would get the full sized key models for better experience.
Old 20th October 2013
Quote:
I don t know what u mean. I think I was pretty clear.
I'm going to assume that DJRAZZ was referring to how this has been discussed ad nauseum and a simple search will give you days worth of reading that answers your very general question.
Old 20th October 2013
Deleted User
I own an MS2000 (Big brother to the MicroKorg, same sound)

My opinion is other than the ergonomics the sound is top notch, BUT different. It's sort of a synth where you have to play with it to get it to sound vintage analogy. It's sounds like a digital synth most of the time. Bass is BIG, love that. It gets close to my Little Phatty on certain bass sounds.

It's More PHAT than the Alesis ion or Micron which I owned. The Alesis ion did sound more analogue though. Didn't do Juno sounds too well, does cool cross mod stuff. Good vocoder for the price.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165099 View Post
I'm going to assume that DJRAZZ was referring to how this has been discussed ad nauseum and a simple search will give you days worth of reading that answers your very general question.
Thank-you. Not to mention that this question is completely up for opinion and interpretation at this point and perhaps at any point. But some specific comparisons to other synths in the price range, ergonomics category, and feature point, would help compare apples to apples.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search