The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
just got 1800 for my pittsburgh,,, need to get something new, but what?
Old 19th October 2013
just got 1800 for my pittsburgh,,, need to get something new, but what?

yea so i sold my Pittsburgh foundation for 1800, its a great synth but it was supposed to be the heart of a modular system, but things changed, i cant do that, so i sold it,,,,,

now i need to get another synth or sequencer or drum machine or sampler,

i have a nord drum, analog 4, octatrack, virus snow....

i like heavy analog, analog drums, good digital like elektron waldorf nord

things i had in mind,

tempest = seems like a great mix of analog drums and regular synth voices.

the nord g2 = i had one in the past, i actually sold it to get the foundation, missed it a lot,,, only cons are that i think i mostly use simple voices, va and fm, i was wondering if a nl2x or nl3 or wave wouldn't do what i want,,,, but who knows, i might get into the sequencer and audio inputs of the g2,

radikal technologies accelerator or spectralis,,, had a spec, liked it a lot,,,, the accelerator sounds great,

any other interesting or unique synths for that price? or a couple interesting pieces, or a more unique set of euro rack modules?
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear
Honestly I don't think there's anything interesting in that price point. In hi class there's Moog Voyager or John Bowen Solaris if you're going for sound or AS Vostok or Macbeth if you prefer modularity and then there's a lot of cheap interesting gadgets. But for $1800, there's nothing. I think you should save up a little and get a Moog.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Get an mpc
Old 19th October 2013
The Tempest is awesome, I love it.

That's all I got.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

I was recently listening to and paying more attention to the Accelerator and Spectralis. I'm very impressed. I'm pretty sure if the Spectralis was more stream-lined and had less parameters, it would sell better. But it seems like it has so much depth in it's synthesis, people are turned off because of that fact alone. I really think a software editor would open this synth up to the extent people wouldn't complain about 'not getting along' with it. How many synths have 10 LFOs and 14 Envelopes? Some people might wonder how you can even deal with so many, but that is the power of the Speckie. If you like synthesis, then this is a blissful playground. I expect the Accelerator to more of the same, but easier to edit being that it has around half the amount of LFOs and Envelopes (but that's still a lot). I've heard people who've used the Accelerator describe it as being on a whole new level for VA quality.

dionysiananarchy, what did you think about editing the Speckie? Did you find it easy, average or tedious to go through all the menus to make sounds?

Tempest would be fun along with the MFB Tanzbar. The Waldorf Blofeld has one of the best synth engines out there and is definitely worth taking a look at.
Old 19th October 2013
i had the spec for more than 5 years, i don't think it was too bad, it had a lot of stuff to it,

i woud have to check online sometimes for certain things, a few things were stupid, but as i recall most the time it was pretty standard.

the hybrid synth is crazy good sounding, 4 osc n noise, weird stuff like time linear modulation, but it was amazing on its own, i think they could of made a ton of money if 5 years ago they had packed that part as its own thing,

i saw an as tereskova as guitar center for 1400 a few months back, i messed with it, it defintly isnt worth 3500, the pittsburgh foundation sounded much better, had similar features too, besides the joy stick and 8 step sequencer,
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search