The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Waldorf Pulse 2 skippy encoders already
Old 3rd June 2016
Lives for gear

On the contrary, I have owned for many years the following Waldorf Synths for a long while or shortly after finally released for sale and not even my Blofeld Shadow Keyboard version nor my since release Pulse 2, has absolutely no issues with encoders.

Sahara yellow Q Keyboard and Q Rack (same color)
orig. Pulse (encoders have play but always did)
Microwave XT
Micro Q Omega

However, if given the preference, I wish all my synths had the exact high quality push encoders on my Radikal Technologies Spectralis 1 & 2. The encoders on my Elektron Analog Keys are crap compared to the Speccie.

Luck of the draw...and dust is the bane to encoders. Dust covers are your friends.
Old 3rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VST View Post
Encoders suck, plain and simple
NL3 was the pinnacle of encoders (but those aren't available anymore). If all synths had NL3 style encoders I'd be happy.
Old 9th July 2016
Is it safe to use contact cleaner? Where exactly do I need to spray it? Do I need to open it up?
Old 9th July 2016
Lives for gear

No such issues with any of my Waldorf Encoders:

Pulse+
Pulse 2
Blofeld Keys/Black
Q Keys Sahara Yellow
Q Rack " "
Microwave XT
Miniworks 4-Pole Filter

If not used for a bit, usually turning each encoder several revolutions both ways will again redistribute via friction, the lubricant, via Waldorf FTP Archive.

Maybe it's a human problem?
Old 10th July 2016
My blue Q KB has encoders that skip but the problem is not enough use. It was said on the Waldorf forums that if you turn the encoders back and forth full turns about 40-50 times or so it loosens up the (I think it's oil) in the encoders and fixes the issue.
Old 10th July 2016
Lives for gear

Have P2 for a year or so - totally no skiping.

I think issue doesn't existed on modern boards at all. Before there were no hw rc-filters and reading were on lower frequencies so it was harder to interpolate as well.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search