The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Emu proteus 2500 midi setup
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict
Emu proteus 2500 midi setup

Heres the thing. Got my new, well second hand, proteus 2500 all hooked to my other synth's. Thing now is when I play the synth thats connected to the proteus all I get out of it are drum sounds, even selecting another (completely different) preset I still get the same drum sounds out if it. I can select and listen to different presets via the audition button.I downloaded the manual but it isn't clear on this, unless I'm missing something, and at a little over 300 pages I might have. Does anyone on here know how to get it play different presets when using a connected keyboard.?
Old 19th October 2013
Oli
Lives for gear

Hi,

I can't offer specifics, but have you checked the MIDI channel of your controller matches the channel of the patch you are selecting?
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
Hi,

I can't offer specifics, but have you checked the MIDI channel of your controller matches the channel of the patch you are selecting?
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it was a midi thing. I went through the midi settings, via the midi button and found a setting named "Rechannelize input to track dest - off" well i changed it to "Always" and that sorted things out.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search