The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Is the Maxibrute on the way?
Old 20th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisArturia View Post
Hi Denis from Arturia speaking. I of course can't say what IT is...but I think I can say IT's something that the musicians from this forum will really love!

We have been working for a long time on IT and I can't wait for the 25th of October to tell the slutz!

Cheers,

D
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
The MicroNanoBrute!

Hahahahahahah ! Winner !
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Interesting that the housing is plastic and that the mold must have cost quite some money. I wonder if we will see different Osc and Filter options in the future.

While I can see that Arturia is praising this as the MiniBrute extension to gain a second oscillator, I wonder if they sticked to the same filter design? Would not make sense since the MiniBrute is already very affordable. Also, all their advertisement claims that is does sound even bigger. Does this mean a 24db filter??

If things only got trimmed down from the MiniBrute, I do not understand why Dennis from Arturia is claiming that they worked on that design for a long time. After all, they took the main functionality (plus multimode filter) from the SH-101 and married it with their MiniBrute circuits. That could not have taken that long. My guess is that they offer a new filter to come closer soundwise to the Roland.

Last edited by raffor; 20th October 2013 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

Ffs another micro synth?
Seriously Artiria needs to make a full size synth at least 49key min., but I'd like to see 61 keys.
Enough with the software based synth.
Arturia please build a stand alone polyphonic I can use with out my pc.
The mini brute just don't cut it imo.
I'd like to see a homage to the jp8000 or hell maybe the amdromeda ....but without having to: verify my code everysingle time, or turn on my mac. Don't get me wrong I love my factory keys, but its a hasle having to turn on my mac every damn time.

Sent from my HTC One X+
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Nut

It's a good idea, will give people access to analogue who normally wouldn't be able to get it, because of cost or whatever. they were already calling the minibrute a classic in the making, well imagine how many people's first synth this will be. that is, of course, going on the assumption that it'll be cheaper than the minibrute. wise move! and i bet there will be a bigger one in the pipeline already.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Maniac

If it had a different filter, that would definitely make it 100% more interesting.
Old 20th October 2013
Arturia - Musical Instruments | Intro

so...do we get a VST version plus a hardware true analogue version in the box?
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

I love the sound of the MiniBrute - not having used it myself, mind, but I can gather as much from the videos I've watched - so I think Arturia is on the right track here. Hopefully they will not just go micro (which seems to be the next big(!) thing), but also maxi. Something like the MiniBrute but bigger would have been really cool.
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

Oh, and making it without the keyboard too, of course, would have made it even more interesting. I'd have loved to see a future MiniBrute and MaxiBrute without a keyboard, but being able to connect and power a USB midi keyboard directly from the synth so no computer connection was required.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Nut

Not sure about this move, seems a backwards step .

The general consensus is that Arturia is on a winner with the Minibrute, so it seems better sense to build from there . A synth with a bigger keyboard , a rack version or a poly synth seem to be what most of us want .

A great single one Osc mono synth was a great starting point, making a lite version of this seems pointless to me at least.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

In Testing

Like every other facking product they release.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Just a thought but... Who's to say there's not something else brewing ? This could be one of TWO. A slight of hand.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Maniac

my thoughts exactly, BI... one of the keyboard's keys look bigger in one of the blurred pictures I've seen
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Well certainly Arturia's further development of the MB concept is going to go in more than one direction, yes?
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Check this, Sonicstate say they have one & will be posting their review ON THE DAY !
Arturia Tease Sets Synth Tongues Wagging, Can you guess what is is yet? - We know... -Sonicstate.com

Old 20th October 2013
ozy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macb3th View Post
my thoughts exactly, BI... one of the keyboard's keys look bigger in one of the blurred pictures I've seen
so maybe that's it:

it is a variable-size synth.

It's got a "zoom" function, keys and knobs change size and location while you program, emulating computer screen interfaces.

That would be a "game changer"!

Next step: a synth which changes the PLAYER'S weight, height, hand size, according to the tune he is playing.

Playing "fat" analogue patches for days will make you obese until you get a coronary,

while "thinning out" sounds using a comb filter would make you lose those unwanted extra pounds
Old 20th October 2013
This is a brilliant move by Arturia. As has been said, this just allows more people have access to an analog mono synth that they couldn't afford before (and by afford, I don't just mean financially). I share a small apartment, I like to buy gear. These days , if it isn't small I can't "afford" it. I also need to be mobile as I work/play in lots of different studios/rehearsal rooms. This ticks that box too. The future is small and mobile. Arturia seem to be embracing that fact.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
The MicroNanoBrute!

They would still put a keyboard on it-just one white key, and one black key.
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddimshakk View Post
Just a thought but... Who's to say there's not something else brewing ? This could be one of TWO. A slight of hand.
That would be brilliant, wouldn't it?

MiniBrute is a nice size, though, and still quite portable, I think, but a MaxiBrute with one or two added oscillators, and hopefully one or two other cool new additions to an already winning design, would be very tempting indeed.
Old 20th October 2013
Deleted User
I wish some people would get off the analogue thing, it's not the holy grail.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slujj vohaul View Post
No. Got hints from people who saw "it". The Maxibrute really is on its way. Probably 2 synths will be announced (micro+maxi). Stay tuned.
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNMusicman View Post
I wish some people would get off the analogue thing, it's not the holy grail.
Funny coming from someone whose gear list include 4 analog synths (5 if counting the hybrid evolver) and 4 analog pedals.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Eff View Post
Funny coming from someone whose gear list include 4 analog synths (5 if counting the hybrid evolver) and 4 analog pedals.
lol I was going to say that. But he's right anyway. It's not the holy grail. I have my share of analog synths as well but I appreciate my digital synths every bit as much. Couldn't live without my xt.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDX View Post
No. Got hints from people who saw "it". The Maxibrute really is on its way. Probably 2 synths will be announced (micro+maxi). Stay tuned.
I'm starting to think you and Riddim are right about that. It'd be clever marketing on their part to "accidentally" leak some of the info on the Mini, only to announce the Maxi or MegaBrute or whatever as well.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Conspiracy theories now?
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

I don't think it's the holy grail either, but I myself tend to like the sound. Digital is awesome as well. It's a wonderful time to be into synthesis.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

THIS.... Is the holy grail !
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddimshakk View Post
THIS.... Is the holy grail !
[IMG][/IMG]
But the real question is it analog or digital ?
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanb View Post
This is a brilliant move by Arturia. As has been said, this just allows more people have access to an analog mono synth that they couldn't afford before (and by afford, I don't just mean financially). I share a small apartment, I like to buy gear. These days , if it isn't small I can't "afford" it. I also need to be mobile as I work/play in lots of different studios/rehearsal rooms. This ticks that box too. The future is small and mobile. Arturia seem to be embracing that fact.
I am with you on the small

what I also think this shows is that there really is a very limited market for Analog Synths that cost more than $500 and that Arturia feels to gain sales they need to cut the price.

Those wanting a new analog poly are going to be waiting for a very long time
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Guru

Leak the first to divert the attention and generate more hype than just outright waiting. If that was all they had, think of how quickly the pictures would be pulled.

Few things phase me anymore. If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search