The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Is the Maxibrute on the way?
Old 24th October 2013
Here for the gear

I hear that there is no MIDI CC control of the parameters on the minibrute and that its knobs and sliders can't send MIDI CCs either.

Does anyone know if any of this would have changed with the microbrute?
Old 24th October 2013
Judging by the Voyager a poly would probably around 6 grand and up! Damn!
Old 24th October 2013
VST
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametro View Post
I kind of like it ... Minikeys and all ...

Modular noob question ... How could the patch points on this integrate with my Boomstar 4075 ... ??? I have no other analog gear at the moment ...
You can have knobs on the Boomstar simultaneously transmit various cv's to the Micro, or have the Boomstar share the Micro's lfo and/or env settings.

The CV/Gate out make's it easy to play the Boomstar in tandem for a really cool setup! I imagine even the step sequencer can play the Boomstar.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 View Post
Yeah, not encouraging. But if Moog can cut cost (and size) of the MiniFoogers vs the MoogerFoogers, does that mean they have a new surface mount layout approach that can whittle a hypothetical Moog poly down to earth?

Back closer to topic: If Yusynth doesn't have a DIY poly design in his vast circuit arsenal published on the web, neither does Arturia.
Old 24th October 2013
PES
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstace View Post
Although we don't specifically see CV/Gate out's, I assume it should have them(especially if it lacks midi out) making it easy to play the Boomstar in tandem for a really cool setup! I imagine even the step sequencer can play the Boomstar.
There is pitch and gate out on the back.
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Assume it could take midi via its input from say DAW and spit out CV ?
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Before oscillators or even entire voices got miniaturized into ICs, that was the standard, because the Voyager is discrete.

Right now you can have synths with voice boards (see SE Omega 8, Mutable Ambika).

Let's compare the one of the Ambika with that of a CS80.

CS80:

Ambika:

LFOs and envelopes with sufficient speed (look for the great posts by recnsci here) can be done in software.

Now it's just a matter of patience until someone writes open-source voice assignment code and dumps it in a keyboard with a bunch of standard connectors of sorts.

edit: lol who am I kidding, I'll just pop a few Red Bulls tomorrow morning to compensate
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

The cat is out of the bag on their site....Go see.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddimshakk View Post
I don't understand your angle. You ,or anyone else don't have to like it or anything else you don't want to like, that's what freedom is all about & i'm fine with that.
So, by process of elimination you're entering a thread about a synth that is related to the minibrute, which you don't like, so that you can say that you won't be buying it !

What's your point ?
What's your point?

So if you're not a "fan" you're forbidden to look at a thread or make a comment? It will be very quiet and dull in these threads if nobody's allowed to have some criticism.

I was just looking to see if the "BIG news" was indeed a "Maxibrute", with maybe more keys, 2 Osc's instead of 1 and the ability to save sounds. I would have been more interested, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Nick Bratt uploaded his review a few minutes ago!

Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthio View Post
What's your point?
What do you mean ? I was asking you.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear
i cant watch any of the vids on the arturia site, they all say private. anyone else having this problem? and the countdown is still going, hmmmm any chance there could be something else revealed? or just wishful thinking on my part ahahah

videos are working now
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Maniac

So, in a few hours, Arturia reveals the MegaBrute - when they said something BIG is coming, they mean it. Then we'll have so much more to talk about!

The MicroBrute is a cleverly executed decoy. How do I know? The Microbrute is revealed, fully as of today (Thursday), on the Arturia website. Yet, the "Something BIG is coming" countdown remains - 7ish hours to go. Mark my words folks. If I'm wrong I'll eat the sock of your choice. But I won't be wrong.
Old 24th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexfx69 View Post
So, in a few hours, Arturia reveals the MegaBrute - when they said something BIG is coming, they mean it. The MicroBrute was a cleverly executed decoy. How do I know? The Microbrute is revealed, fully, on the Arturia website. Yet, the "Something BIG is coming" countdown remain. Mark my words folks. If I'm wrong I'll eat the sock of your choice. But I won't be wrong.
Thanks for bringing us hope.

But just in case I have some Nike socks ready for you.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

see other thread - sonic state video review is now up
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

it's cute, and if it's cheaper would be even more cute
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Addict

Looks like a fun build, I'd like to see a version without the keyboard tho
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Very cool for 350$ US
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yet, the "Something BIG is coming" countdown remains - 7ish hours to go. Mark my words folks.
Here it's at 00:00:00. How many hours are you removed from GMT+1?

edit: thought so. The countdown timer there is based on your computer's time settings. Just try setting it back a day.
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks for bringing us hope.

But just in case I have some Nike socks ready for you.
Um....used Nike socks?
Old 24th October 2013
actually when you back off the levels and brute - the raw tone seems not bad...in demo videos they always overdo it...

not sure where the polyphony in that arturia demo came from...
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Here it's at 00:00:00. How many hours are you removed from GMT+1?

edit: thought so. The countdown timer there is based on your computer's time settings. Just try setting it back a day.
Dam you Arturia! I never thought I'd have to eat a sock. ****!!!!!
Old 25th October 2013
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Nut

Best Ujiie video ever.

Feeling pretty GASsy now that I can see the sequencer in action - 64 steps, transposable and accepts trigger-in!
Old 25th October 2013
yeh the sequencer is the thing...just like the old roland style input...nice and 8 memory locations too!

sounds good, looks good and the price is great...plus it actually has a proper keyboard not a touch strip.

as Nick from Sonicstate said::
Is love too strong a word to use for an inanimate object? Perhaps. But I really clicked with the MicroBrute. It has real character, plenty of sonic scope , even as only a single Osc mono and the patching and interfacing is really brilliant.

Not often I'll gush about a synthesizer, but the MicroBrute does deserve it, there's something about the form factor that all comes together nicely - it somehow is more appealing to me than the MiniBrute even though on paper, it has a lesser specification. Add to the fact that it costs a pittance in synth terms £269/$299€299 - okay more than the Korg Volca's and you have a winner here. I only hope Arturia can make enough of them to keep up with demand.
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

Posted by user SourceDist on Muffs.

"Skip to 4:07 for Sounds, 8:23 for Sequences, 11:39 for Drum Processing"
Old 25th October 2013
Quote:
Um....used Nike socks?
Eat the socks with a demo video you make of the Micro? I think that works.

Don't worry man, I'm eating my words now too. Now I want one after watching the demos! Ha!
Old 25th October 2013
Next up is the NanoBrute!

He has quite a bit of delay on the demo I think though. (Ujiie) Or am I wrong?
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by colthawker View Post
Best Ujiie video ever.

Man, I want one.
Old 25th October 2013
just a couple of differences to the minibrute

no dedicated adsr for the filter
no white noise waveform
no sample and hold for LFO
no sine wave option for the sub osc and no 2 oct down for the sub.

but it does have that 64 step seq!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search