The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Is the Maxibrute on the way?
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

I'm sure whomever was doing those Minibrute mods to remove the keyboard and add wood side panels will also do the Micro.
Old 23rd October 2013
bry
Gear Addict

Old 23rd October 2013
Here for the gear

Micrubrute is now an option to "register".
I just registered my product and its now one of the options...

Sent from my HTC One X+
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

like so^^
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Cool.
They actually just moved the wood backwards to cut it and folded the underside didnt they?
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
HAven't been following this development. Tell me, if you have a minibrute, why would you get one of these? Even if it sounds a little different surely it's going to overlap a fair bit right?
Weight for one. The Microbrute looks like you can pack it on a whim, or have it handy in a book bag like the Volcas. The Minibrute is built like a tank, rather heavy, and takes a messenger bag to tote.

And as mentioned previously if you do tote both, it makes an interesting oscillator expansion to the Minibrute, particularly when routed into the audio input. Having some overlap is good in that regard. And you should be able to route cv's from the mini into the matrix of the micro: MayhemBrute.
Old 23rd October 2013
As someone mentioned earlier can we get a thread merge?

There's two Arturia MicroBrute threads going on, I find myself jumping back and forth to each and at this point losing memory on what happened in which since they're so similar.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...w-arturia.html
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...ml#post9524918
Old 23rd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by slujj vohaul View Post
Originally posted by user CLDBRK in the other thread.

Can we get these threads merged or what?
Ha!

I just mentioned that in the other thread. See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 View Post
As someone mentioned earlier can we get a thread merge?

There's two Arturia MicroBrute threads going on, I find myself jumping back and forth to each and at this point losing memory on what happened in which since they're so similar.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...w-arturia.html
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...ml#post9524918
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven5 View Post
Ha!

I just mentioned that in the other thread. See below:
Yeah. I asked about it a page or two back in one of these threads, anigbrowl agreed.

Also attempted to contact the mods to request a merge. No response.

They should be merged and renamed "Arturia Microbrute".

If Arturia surprises us with the MegaBrute or MaxiBrute or MacroBrute or MacBookProBrute or whatever, we can just start a new thread for that. IF it even happens.
Old 23rd October 2013
Ha ha! Still can't get over the name MaxiBrute! No way!
Old 23rd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLDBRK View Post
Click on the Arturia logo at the bottom of the teasing page or watch this :

Microbrute Introduction - YouTube
its a cool package but I can help but feel the tone of this thing just sucks - at least in this example...you would expect the thing they are selling to stand out as this great sounding instrument but all I can hear is this buzzy harsh noise which she apparently enjoys...
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
its a cool package but I can help but feel the tone of this thing just sucks - at least in this example...you would expect the thing they are selling to stand out as this great sounding instrument but all I can hear is this buzzy harsh noise which she apparently enjoys...
well if you read the description on youtube:

Quote:
Every synth sound in this video was made on a MicroBrute.
so either they're lying, or the intro-onward pad sound is "buzzy and harsh" in your opinion, and the other filler sounds are "buzzy and harsh"

maybe not the widest spectrum of sounds on this video, but it does enough for a small taste... 1:11 sound doesn't sound buzzy or harsh, and neither does the part near 1:27

stop looking for things to criticize, and open up to the possibility that this might just be an amazing deal in a very portable package.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Korg Delta?
Old 23rd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism View Post
well if you read the description on youtube:

so either they're lying, or the intro-onward pad sound is "buzzy and harsh" in your opinion, and the other filler sounds are "buzzy and harsh"

maybe not the widest spectrum of sounds on this video, but it does enough for a small taste... 1:11 sound doesn't sound buzzy or harsh, and neither does the part near 1:27

stop looking for things to criticize, and open up to the possibility that this might just be an amazing deal in a very portable package.
the intro pad isnt buzzy and harsh - I hadnt realised that was the microbrute....there is something going on here - as I see she was playing chords...I suspect there may be a plugin included with this deal which is what all the 'IT' was about in the tease...

Anyways - if you read any of my posts I always say its a cool package in terms of form and function. The issue I have is with the raw tone of the brute series. The pad I suspect is a VA. The other sounds are all pretty buzzy. You can say Im being negative - but sometimes I wonder if people are being seduced by a new release analogue synth and questioning whether it actually sounds any good...few of the new analogues seem to. sound is what its about at the end of the day...
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
the intro pad isnt buzzy and harsh - I hadnt realised that was the microbrute....there is something going on here - as I see she was playing chords...I suspect there may be a plugin included with this deal which is what all the 'IT' was about in the tease...

Anyways - if you read any of my posts I always say its a cool package in terms of form and function. The issue I have is with the raw tone of the brute series. The pad I suspect is a VA. The other sounds are all pretty buzzy. You can say Im being negative - but sometimes I wonder if people are being seduced by a new release analogue synth and questioning whether it actually sounds any good...few of the new analogues seem to. sound is what its about at the end of the day...
i actually was hoping you'd say

"i think they're lying!!" haha

because that pad doesn't really sound like the steiner-parker filter to me either, even if multi-tracked

i agree that ultimately it is about the sound and this demo video is so far VERY misleading...can't wait for sonic state to release their video
Old 23rd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevism View Post
i actually was hoping you'd say

"i think they're lying!!" haha

because that pad doesn't really sound like the steiner-parker filter to me either, even if multi-tracked

i agree that ultimately it is about the sound and this demo video is so far VERY misleading...can't wait for sonic state to release their video
haha I think theyd be nuts to lie about it...I guess there are aspects of this bundle that havent been released yet...if they do include a VA poly add on - I think thats pretty neat! But Im still not sold on the actual MB sound...
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Rather funny on the screen that mentions super fast envelopes, she's cranking up the release time to a ridiculous amount.
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
To me, this is still the gold standard for poly filters along with the JP/Juno filter:
Actually, the Volca Keys (I have) is the juiciest most dynamic sounding sounding VCO poly I've heard since the Oberheim OB series that we hear in the video above. No joke. Forget the Pulse 2 paraphonic or DSI Mopho X4 - this is true VCOs and sounds astounding in poly (paraphonic, actually). For $150. Godsend for those who care to check it out. Has all the tuning instability of a VCO poly too, proving it's real. If your Volca Keys drifts out of tune, stop playing it for 10 seconds to engage the auto tuning.
Old 24th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexfx69 View Post
Actually, the Volca Keys (I have) is the juiciest most dynamic sounding sounding VCO poly I've heard since the Oberheim OB series that we hear in the video above. No joke. Forget the Pulse 2 paraphonic or DSI Mopho X4 - this is true VCOs and sounds astounding in poly (paraphonic, actually). For $150. Godsend for those who care to check it out. Has all the tuning instability of a VCO poly too, proving it's real. If your Volca Keys drifts out of tune, stop playing it for 10 seconds to engage the auto tuning.
I sampled my Monotribe quite a while back and put it in an EXS file to play it polyphonic. Honestly it is one of the best poly's I've ever heard, so I totally believe what you are saying.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Sent from my Nexus 4
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubarSnafu View Post
Even now, I think analogue polysynths are a huge risk for companies to make.
Not necessarily expensive actually. Volca Keys, 3 voice paraphonic, is $149.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

This will be good for people who were considering a minibrute but didn't get around to it, and who are happy to go for a bargain option.

But if you already have a minibrute.. (esp if it's not your only analogue monosynth) then it's a bit mehbrute.
Old 24th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
This will be good for people who were considering a minibrute but didn't get around to it, and who are happy to go for a bargain option.

But if you already have a minibrute.. (esp if it's not your only analogue monosynth) then it's a bit mehbrute.
Totally agree, I've got a minibrute, which I love to bits but I'm really not seeing the benefit of adding in a microbrute. Really would've GAS'd for a maxibrute though.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

Also good for people that sold theres and regret it. You're right though, if I still had my Minibrute, I don't think I'd be particularly interested in this.
Old 24th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by slujj vohaul View Post
Also good for people that sold theres and regret it. You're right though, if I still had my Minibrute, I don't think I'd be particularly interested in this.
I sold mine weeks ago....guess what....now I want it back.

Good news...there's plenty on craigslist now priced at 350.00
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLDBRK View Post
Click on the Arturia logo at the bottom of the teasing page or watch this :

Microbrute Introduction - YouTube
Has to be the most nauseating ad I've ever seen for anything... I think any interest I had in it was just squashed out of principle
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septik View Post
Has to be the most nauseating ad I've ever seen for anything... I think any interest I had in it was just squashed out of principle
Yeah! How dare they utilize a common modern marketing approach in an attempt to appeal to their target hipster demographic!

The nerve of these guys. It's like they're trying to make money or something! Makes me sick!

I'm writing Arturia a letter right now demanding a new promotional video that features basement dwelling neckbeards hooking the Microbrute up to their modulars.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Those little patch cables are pretty funny though.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Don't get me wrong, I think the minibrute is a really excellent little synth. I love mine.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepest Elements View Post
This info was accidentally leaked and then grabbed by me from a musical website, not Arturia (this info has now been withdrawn from same website)

Info is not official and not confirmed by Arturia that's why the clock is still ticking
Was this movie (published on this thread yesterday) also "accidentally" leaked before it was meant to, and not officially confirmed by arturia"?

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search