The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Micro X Replacement PSU
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Head

Micro X Replacement PSU

I bought a Korg MicroX for $150 on Gumtree the other day, My first thoughts being, "Wow, what a bargain!" So I called the guy, got him to ship it to me (I think he was in Perth, I'm near Melbourne) for 40 bucks and waited.

Anyways, The synth arrived in good knick, Except the power supply. Which is some generic supply that doesn't seem to fit at all. Needless to say the seller isn't returning my calls and there's no Paypal buyer protection to fall back on this time.

I've spent a few hours now searching online for the KA270 or the KA310 model power supplies with an Aussie plug, but the only one I can really find is from "Store DJ" for a hundred bucks! Insanity! Its just a power supply!

Any Ideas on where I can find one for a little less?
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

You can use any quality power supply with the same technical specifications as your KA-310.
You will find this information on KA-310 sticker.
Usually, this kind of power supply cost around 20-30$.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Head

I have a generic supply that was sold to me by the buyer. The problem is the Korg barrel seems to be smaller to the ones you find on generic supplies. I had a similar problem finding a replacement with a Kaoss Pad a while back, I never was able to find a working replacement. Had to return it.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

I have the Korg R3 which uses the same adapter and it's actually a two piece unit. The part that connects to the wall socket is interchangeable, so if you found the right sized printer cable with the Aussie prongs, that should work. Thrift stores are the best places to find random cords and it should look exactly like this...

Also, here's the adapter on eBay...

Micro X Replacement PSU12VDC Power Supply Adapter Replaces Korg KA206 KA270 KA310 KA320 DSA 20D 12 | eBay
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Head

I have the Wall socket part you mentioned, All I need is the adapter.
Two problems with that:

1. Im not sure its 240v australian compatible
2. It doesn't ship to Australia (However I'm sure I could just email the seller and organise some kind of overseas shipping if needed)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search