The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
A new analog mono: Hypersynth Xenophone!
Old 4th November 2013
  #181
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
nah I think it could do with a font swap, it's not perfect, I do like the owl mustache stuff though.

I just thought that the developer might be reading the thread and get a bit hurt by the comments that you describe as plain but I'd probably describe as harsh.

With that said, I'm a very sensitive soul, a trait which had helped me greatly in working with, caring for and teaching disabled people or those with mental health needs, but I'm equally aware that many people around here and in the world are not very sensitive, thick skinned able to give and take criticism at levels I'd find unbearable.

So yeah, maybe my initial reply was from the gut, a "whoa!". A reaction that many would not have had. So I apologize for my hastyness, you're of course free to be as plain as you want on a public forum.
Wow, you really are a nice, kind sensitive soul, Xanderbeanz! :-) When I read snide, patronizing comments on forums, I usually reply with a "Stop being such a dick" comment. LOL.

Your approach is obviously more mature. ;-)
Old 4th November 2013
  #182
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
And another demo:

Holy crap! This thing sounds amazing!!!

I just bought a Pulse 2. I might have to send that back and get one of these instead. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll just get the Xenophone as well. I'm a slutty, slutty gear slut! LOL.
Old 4th November 2013
  #183
Lives for gear
 

Where's the new demos promised this week? My lil phatty is going on ebay if this sounds good
Old 4th November 2013
  #184
Lives for gear
 
laikenf's Avatar
 

DAMN! :( is that how you guys treat your synths?, a new one comes out and you already wanna sell out your buddy? ... Damn! I'd hate to be a synth with owners like that :(...

Be good to you babies, that's all can say ...
Old 4th November 2013
  #185
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laikenf View Post
DAMN! :( is that how you guys treat your synths?, a new one comes out and you already wanna sell out your buddy? ... Damn! I'd hate to be a synth with owners like that :(...

Be good to you babies, that's all can say ...
That's the way it goes when a younger model with more features we'd like to play with into the early hours comes along, we trade the old model in, i do the same with synths too
Old 5th November 2013
  #186
Lives for gear
 



Another thing that would clean up the interface is to replace the encoders with plain black knobs. The white circles on top of the knobs are just adding more visual clutter without providing any value, IMO.

Similarly, the dotted rings around the encoders are not necessary. These are encoders after all. You don't need any kind of "position markers" around the knobs to let you know where you are in the range of values (because, as encoders, the positions are all relative).

If I get inspired, I will try to edit the above image in Photoshop to see if removing these graphical elements helps clean up the front panel.
Old 5th November 2013
  #187
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Another thing that would clean up the interface is to replace the encoders with plain black knobs. The white circles on top of the knobs are just adding more visual clutter without providing any value, IMO.

Similarly, the dotted rings around the encoders are not necessary. These are encoders after all. You don't need any kind of "position markers" around the knobs to let you know where you are in the range of values (because, as encoders, the positions are all relative).

If I get inspired, I will try to edit the above image in Photoshop to see if removing these graphical elements helps clean up the front panel
Not to be a killjoy, and many apologies if i am being one, but there are some images a little further back in the thread where we are shown 3 to 4 pics with different styles, and one of them (the second one i believe) has no dots, less lines, a different typeface and in general looks more spacious...so far, that image has been the unanimous choice of skin for its visual appearance (at last here in GZ).

Last edited by Polygon Cube; 5th November 2013 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: Changed 'this' for 'that. I know, minor change but, c'mon, it reads a lot better with 'that' than 'this'.
Old 5th November 2013
  #188
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon Cube View Post
Not to be a killjoy, and many apologies if i am being one, but there are some images a little further back in the thread where we are shown 3 to 4 pics with different styles, and one of them (the second one i believe) has no dots, less lines, a different typeface and in general looks more spacious...so far, that image has been the unanimous choice of skin for its visual appearance (at last here in GZ).
Yeah, I saw those. But they were comps and renders. It might be helpful to edit an image of the actual panel to see what it will look like with these proposed changes. Also, if I'm not mistaken, all the previous alternate comps still had the white circle end caps on the "knobs" (although the encoder ring dots had been removed).
Old 5th November 2013
  #189
Lives for gear
 

So...
Here we are again. When there are no new demos to discuss - we regress to exterior design
Old 5th November 2013
  #190
Lives for gear
 

Lol
Old 6th November 2013
  #191
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Maven View Post
Yeah, I saw those. But they were comps and renders. It might be helpful to edit an image of the actual panel to see what it will look like with these proposed changes. Also, if I'm not mistaken, all the previous alternate comps still had the white circle end caps on the "knobs" (although the encoder ring dots had been removed).
Ah! Noted
Old 6th November 2013
  #192
Lives for gear
 
payt's Avatar
 

White rings on the pots are actually kindof handy. Makes your pots more visible in dark circumstances, which is where you'll undoubtedly find your synth. So i say keep the rings, but lose the silly 'eyes' or whatever they are.
Old 6th November 2013
  #193
Lives for gear
 
laikenf's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by payt View Post
...visible in dark circumstances, which is where you'll undoubtedly find your synth. .
... ...
Old 7th November 2013
  #194
Lives for gear
 
rids's Avatar
 

I say keep the rings also. Maybe make the circles a different color? The interface is somewhat cluttered, but I kind of like it as it gives it character.
Old 7th November 2013
  #195
Lives for gear
 

We're entering the weekend. They wrote on their facebook page that they'll be releasing all the rest of the demos this week. Nothing's happened yet...
Hope to hear more demos soon.
Old 7th November 2013
  #196
Gear Maniac
 

Entering the weekend? It's barely Thursday!
Old 7th November 2013
  #197
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoPilot View Post
Entering the weekend? It's barely Thursday!
Not here in Israel
Old 8th November 2013
  #198
Lives for gear
 

Whatever...
Anyway, back to us grownups over here. A bit of new info (though not much, i reckon).
I emailed hypersynth and asked (1) what's going on with the demos. (2) Is there a final price already. (3) Is there an estimated release date.

The answers i got were:

(1)
Quote:
Excuse us for delay, you will hear them soon. We are also working on a video demo in parallel. Thanks for your patience.
(2)
Quote:
Not at this moment. (Under 700 EUR + Pre-order discount)
(3)
Quote:
The end of Q1-2014.
So, it's a bit clearer now. The price will be under 700 EUR - and it appears there will be a further discount if you pre-order. Interesting.
And release by the end of Q1-2014 means around march.
Old 8th November 2013
  #199
Gear Nut
 

Order discount:D

Yeahh..
Old 8th November 2013
  #200
What a pitty there is no AU version of the plugin. In fact it's a shame.
Old 8th November 2013
  #201
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
I liked faceplate design # 3 . I liked the owl look , it allowed definition and focus . #2 seemed to washed out to me .
Old 8th November 2013
  #202
Lives for gear
 
MarkR's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
I like how it looks. It's even cute in this pic:

Out of principal the only way I'd buy this was if the cost reflected compensation for my Macbook that's now covered in puke
Old 8th November 2013
  #203
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Out of principal the only way I'd buy this was if the cost reflected compensation for my Macbook that's now covered in puke
Old 9th November 2013
  #204
Gear Nut
 

come on
Old 11th November 2013
  #205
Old 12th November 2013
  #206
hey - not bad sounding

if its £600 that would be a bargain including the digital fx and software...I cant believe it will be tbh...lets see...
Old 12th November 2013
  #207
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurethought View Post
wow

that sound at 0:08 is quite nice
Old 12th November 2013
  #208
Lives for gear
 
marino's Avatar
Listening to this latest demo right now. Sounds good, but being old-school, that's not what I'd call an "analog set".... btw it seems to excel in synced/cross-modulated sounds, not differently from the Dominion X (which I've had for a couple of months).
The Xenophone seems to have all the right features, but before I can declare myself sold on it, I'd love to hear some "simpler" sounds... like *slow* filter sweeps with various degrees of resonance, the behaviour of the envelopes in creating 'melodic' sounds, and most important, NO REVERB. Reverb can be useful live, but this one doesn't seem to sound best, or maybe it just needs some more accurate programming.
Anyway, I'm glad that one more demo is finally ready. A few more, please....
Old 12th November 2013
  #209
Lives for gear
 

Nice demo, the sync sounds are killer! Like Marino said though, give some "dry" demos, no FX, so we can better judge the raw sound of the synth.

Maybe some basic sound demos, such as each of the oscillator waveforms with the filter wide open, some PWM, and some slow sweeps with the various filter types and at different resonances. Some demos of slow and fast envelopes and LFO (to see how smooth they are, if they're software generated).
Old 12th November 2013
  #210
Deleted #255447
Guest
After going through the demos, to me it sounds just OK. What I really need to hear are some raw analog bass tones singled out, with and without sub(s), as well as fully stacked to see how big and "fat" this thing can really go. And as others have already said, slow sweeps, no FX etc. would be nice too. For me to plonk down a grand on a pre-order and wait 4-5 months on delivery, considering all of the competition available right now, it really needs to impress in those areas.

And for the record, out of what's on offer so far, I prefer design #2 with no jacked up wood/angle. Just a simple, flat, solid design will suffice. Then again, if it sounds absolutely AMAZING.. I'll buy it even if it looks like a barbie playhouse.....
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump