The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
A new analog mono: Hypersynth Xenophone!
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I didn't think we were "involved in something" other than light conversation.

No hard feelings I hope.
Absolutely. As I said, I must have woken with the need to bite something that day... all is well.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
I would like them to make demos of the different filter types, different distortion settings, with and without the dfx, different kinds of ringmod etc etc.
Absolutely. Maybe starting with the naked oscillator waveforms.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

The fact that this comes with an FX block ups the ante. I know people enjoy using their own outboard fx, as do I, but I really do enjoy onboard effects (as long as the FX aren't crap and an afterthought). It just makes the instrument as a whole so much more enjoyable and fun, but they have to be decent FX as bad FX can detract sometimes. But so far so good with the first demo. It would be nice to hear with and without FX.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

If you go into the soundcloud page - you can see he writes at what percise time the fx are on and off. It starts dry, then with fx, then ends dry again.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

And another demo:

Old 29th October 2013
Gear Nut

price?

from usa?or europe will be shipped?
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Price under $1000/£600

Distributors in USA and UK i believe.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Sounds KILLER by the way, lots of punch!
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
Audio is coming really soon, he just wanted to nail the design first. He is asking everyone what they prefer number 1 or number 2:

Render of number 2:

Number 2 is a good improvement from the first effort, hands down (Heaven knows it needed it ! ). I say just get rid of the white rings on the pot knobs AND the silly fat white rainbow shaped thing on the osc section & it might just look nice. Less is more lyke !
EDIT. Actually, the less clunky sides are better too, they don't have to be so heavy as the original pic.
Old 29th October 2013
Deleted User
number 3
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

I like the clunkier sides, will look good in my planned steampunk studio.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Well if i'd had to pick from the current designs, i'd go with number 2 too. But i have to say it's still a bit of an inconsistent cluttered mess. Buttons and lights are all over the place in an inconsistent way (sometimes they're to the left of the item to be selected, sometimes, on top, etc). Of course you'd get used to it at some point, but i like a nice clean design

There are ways to make a design with lots of knobs/lights look good. Here's an example:

Audio so far seems to sound good, looking forward to hearing more
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Here's No2 again but with some rubbing out etc..performed.

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

I like that Riddim! Yet another step closer to a tight looking design
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Second demo sounds good too, although I'd like to hear more 'naked' stuff like sustained single oscillators, filter sweeps with the various filter types, with and without resonance, etc.

Also, a little suggestion: Instead of having those enormous/clunky wood ends, what about some kind of tilting stand/frame on the back panel, which could come out and keep the instrument at different angles, a la Minimoog? It shouldn't be too difficult; perhaps it would need some kind of shaft to lock the lowest part of the stand to the main body....
(my English vocabulary is limited... I hope the description was understandable )
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

HOLY CRAP THEY'VE THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING:

- first DCO based synth with “phase reset”, “phase adjustment” and “FM”! We didn’t make them bold because it would be mistaken with a “wave-table oscillator” or another terms like “digital-oscillators” … .

- DCO can be tuned precisely in microtonal range (0.001 cent) regarding the reference clock generator circuit that is based on FPGA not a microprocessor. Drift feature models VCO pitch unstability.

- Drift algorithm is different per oscillators for emulating components tolerance, temperature variation and power rail noise.

YAY DRIFT! BUT NO WARMING UP TIME!

Can't wait to hear more demos.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

And they're encoders, not potentiometers! Yeah! I hope they're more reliable than the original Evolver encoders...
And I *really* hope that this thing sounds great, because it's very, very close to my ideal monosynth.
About FM, I wonder if it's possible to disengage the modulating and/or carrier oscillator from keyboard control ?
Old 30th October 2013
Lives for gear

I assume it's possible to have a fixed oscillator but I'll check.
Old 30th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I assume it's possible to have a fixed oscillator but I'll check.
Thanks!
Old 30th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino View Post
Thanks!
IT'S POSSIBLE!

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"Yes it is possible for each oscillator.

That option is also useful for modulating filter freq by oscillator1 while disengaged from key tracking (as LFO). At the same time if you modulate oscillator 1 by oscillator 2 and set the filter to self-oscillation you will have 3-operator FM synth (osc2>osc1>vco)! surely it does not sound like DX7 but you can make weird sounds out of it."

THEY THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING!
Old 30th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
HOLY CRAP THEY'VE THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING:

- first DCO based synth with “phase reset”, “phase adjustment” and “FM”! We didn’t make them bold because it would be mistaken with a “wave-table oscillator” or another terms like “digital-oscillators” … .

- DCO can be tuned precisely in microtonal range (0.001 cent) regarding the reference clock generator circuit that is based on FPGA not a microprocessor. Drift feature models VCO pitch unstability.

- Drift algorithm is different per oscillators for emulating components tolerance, temperature variation and power rail noise.

Very interesting -- lots of ways to program controlled chaos into the sound
Old 31st October 2013
Lives for gear

As far as i can see it is "end of october" now. No Preorder. No Sounddemos on their website. Their "Xenophone" is mostly identical to a synthmaker plugin they made. I would not be surprised if this "company" (without company address etc.) will give us a "special offer" for their synthmaker plugins.

Funny, isn't it?

Xenophone: A good joke.
Old 31st October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looping Loddar View Post
As far as i can see it is "end of october" now. No Preorder. No Sounddemos on their website. Their "Xenophone" is mostly identical to a synthmaker plugin they made. I would not be surprised if this "company" (without company address etc.) will give us a "special offer" for their synthmaker plugins.

Funny, isn't it?

Xenophone: A good joke.
I'm not sure what you're implying here.... maybe that the Xenophone is software after all?
They said, "analog mono-synth with 100% analog signal path", then proceed to describe the "26 encoders and 27 buttons", and even the "rigid Aluminum enclosure that comes with a pair of vintage style hand-made wooden side panel".

If a joke, it's a bad joke.
I agree that the name is well-chosen, though.
Old 31st October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
As far as i can see it is "end of october" now. No Preorder. No Sounddemos on their website.
It's obvious you're not following the discussion going on here. Perhaps there are no demos on their website - but they began releasing demos on soundcloud, and also on their facebook page.
I think the "pre-order" is, perhaps, still not available because of all the reactions to the aesthetic design which might drive them to take their time a little more before they release the final version.
So the only "joke" is perhaps your disrespectful response.
Old 1st November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
It's obvious you're not following the discussion going on here. Perhaps there are no demos on their website - but they began releasing demos on soundcloud, and also on their facebook page.
I think the "pre-order" is, perhaps, still not available because of all the reactions to the aesthetic design which might drive them to take their time a little more before they release the final version.
So the only "joke" is perhaps your disrespectful response.
Maybe its not me who is disrespectful. Is there any official reaction or explanation for the delay?

Zahush, i do respect you and i really like your explanation - but i am not so sure. I don't trust them. Maybe these guys are just a bit over-ambitous. But i do have these special smell in my nose, sorry.
Old 1st November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe its not me who is disrespectful. Is there any official reaction or explanation for the delay?

Zahush, i do respect you and i really like your explanation - but i am not so sure. I don't trust them. Maybe these guys are just a bit over-ambitous. But i do have these special smell in my nose, sorry.
Well it's not like they popped out of nowhere. Actually, i have their Orseus plugin which is quite good. They have other products as well.
I asked them on their facebook page if the two demos are it. They answered that they're going to release all the rest of the demos next week. I guess we'll just wait and see.
Old 2nd November 2013
Gear Nut

i want it
Old 3rd November 2013
Lives for gear

From what I can see and hear so far, this could be a cooler synth than a lot of people are expecting.
Old 3rd November 2013
Gear Nut

Pre-order will start 2-3 weeks later, shipping will be in Q1-2014.

From customers support:D
Old 3rd November 2013
Lives for gear

I can't wait to get mine and start making videos with it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search