The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Sub Bass Patterns
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Sub Bass Patterns

Hey guys so I have an EDM style song that drops similar to this...

Krewella - Alive (Cash Cash x Kalkutta Remix) - YouTube

My question to you guys is what type of sub pattern is the producer using? To me it sounds like the sub is constantly playing. I have heard a lot of tracks where the sub is played on the offbeat (more progressivy styled songs) but I was curious what pattern this sub is playing. Is a low sub playing the off beat and the higher octave sub playing the same pattern as the lead synth? Totally confused over here and want to get really good at making sub patterns to really bring out the groove in my tracks. I tried making both subs the same pattern as my lead and it had no momentum.

Thanks fo yo help!!
Lamcheezy
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

In the music I make (drum & bass) sub patterns can be anything from a single note repeating, to having a simple riff.

Wow that video was bad, where's the sub bass? I guess lamcheesy likes cheesy music. At least you admit it. lol I think there isn't a layered sub but it's just a part of the regular bass sound.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Good one! Anyways, i'm not here to argue about music genres and tastes. Thanks for the help thought! Would love to hear other peoples thoughts too...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search