The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Broken 777?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac
Broken 777?

When I started my Futureretro 777 today this happened:

What could be the issue here? Perhaps I need to replace the batteries?
I haven't moved the unit since the last time I used it, which was last week.

I _might_ have dropped the PSU (which wasn't connected) while cleaning the studio but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts please?
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

I'd email Future Retro and see what they suggest, to my knowledge they still offer support even if they don't make it anymore.
Old 16th October 2013
I believe I had the same thing happen to mine a while back. Battery replacement solved it. It is an easy change. It uses a coin battery; maybe a CR2032. To open it up, remove all of the knobs and nuts around the switches. Then remove the screws from the back.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac
Just got a reply from the to check under support on their website.
Funny, I checked after Soft Reset in the manual but couldn't find anything.

Turns out all I had to do was to reset it.

Question: Help, my unit is not powering up properly. I turn it on and the characters in the display keep circling around, or different characters than usual are being displayed.

Answer: If the power on the 777, Mobius, Revolution, or Orb is ever unplugged or turned off while it is playing, certain information may not have been written to memory correctly.
When powered up, the unit may appear to be stuck in a loop. To fix this, you need to perform a soft reset to the unit as follows.
Start with the unit's power off, press and hold Step Key 1, and turn the power on. Continue to hold Step Key 1 until the display introduction stops.
Playback will now default to pattern 1 bank 1, and none of your internal patterns should be harmed.

If you continue to notice that the unit is not powering up correctly, you most likely need to replace the internal back-up battery in your unit, then perform a soft reset to the unit,
and finally, reload the factory sysex patterns or your own patterns you have backed up.

Thanks for the comments here, people!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search