The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
FL Problem
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

FL Problem

Somehow I've accidentally switched off the MIDI-data from my computer keyboard in FL, so I can't play any notes anymore on the computer keyboard.

How do I fix this?

The problem started when I was watching clips about hotkeys and shortcuts and tried out a lot of short commands for the toolbar, then afterwards I realized that no samplers or synths responded when I tried to hit a note.

Thanks.
Old 15th October 2013
Here for the gear

Try going in to SETTINGS - > Midi Settings
See link : Controller/MIDI Settings

Just highlight your keyboard, and click the enable button. Hope that helps!
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeeH View Post
Somehow I've accidentally switched off the MIDI-data from my computer keyboard in FL, so I can't play any notes anymore on the computer keyboard.

How do I fix this?

The problem started when I was watching clips about hotkeys and shortcuts and tried out a lot of short commands for the toolbar, then afterwards I realized that no samplers or synths responded when I tried to hit a note.

Thanks.
CTRL + T

should enable the computer keyboard again.

there should also be a small button near the the transport controls with a keyboard icon that you click to enable
Old 15th October 2013
Here for the gear

Sorry - I didn't absorb what you said. You're trying to enable your computer keyboard to play notes.

For that you should have a tool bar at the top of your FL studio screen. One toolbar should have a bunch of icons, one looks like a computer keyboard. Make sure that is enabled.

If you don't have the tool bar, right click somewhere in the blank space at the top of FL, and enable more toolbars, then you should see the icons I'm talking about.

Hope that helps!
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

Haha I thought it would be something simple as that! Thank you everybody!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search