The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Emu E 5000 replacing the tactical switches
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

Emu E 5000 replacing the tactical switches

Hello members,

does anyone of you know which tactical switches i need for replacing them on the EMU E 5000? And which type of data knob encoder?
Old 14th October 2013
Here for the gear

Hey there I was told on the EMU users group on facebook (you should join it if you are on there) that these are the tac switches for my e6400 so im pretty sure they will be the ones for the e5000.... i havent got around to fixing my f6 button yet so i cant definitely vouch they work.
101-0661-EV Mountain Switch | Mouser

Data wheels turn up on ebay from time to time not sure where you could get a new one though?
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Maybe this one should work:

RE160F-40E3-20A-24P Alpha (Taiwan) | Mouser

I have an Asr-x and they change the data knob with this one. I will order this for my Asr-x, if it fits i will replace the data knob on the E 5000 with it.

Thanks for the Tip with the Facebook group. If you want i can post back when i got the parts if they did fit or not.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

The encoders are described as 90VC/rev in the Emu technical documents, either 24 or 36 detents can be used. As such, I don't think 24 pulse one will work very well...
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
Hey there I was told on the EMU users group on facebook (you should join it if you are on there) that these are the tac switches for my e6400 so im pretty sure they will be the ones for the e5000.... i havent got around to fixing my f6 button yet so i cant definitely vouch they work.
101-0661-EV Mountain Switch | Mouser

Data wheels turn up on ebay from time to time not sure where you could get a new one though?
This one? https://www.facebook.com/groups/EMUEIVMachines/
Old 15th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by suchenderxxx View Post
Hello members,

does anyone of you know which tactical switches i need for replacing them on the EMU E 5000? And which type of data knob encoder?
You can install new encoder but it will most likely have the same issues.

Install 2 capacitors of 1uF value as described in here:
E-MU fix

After you install them, recalibrate the encoder from the EOS menu.

Report result here in the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Emu E 5000 replacing the tactical switches-p1010014.jpg  
Old 15th October 2013
Oli
Lives for gear

I replaced my encoder years ago. I think I just found the part number from the faulty original (stamped/written on the part). It was a Bourns part. I sourced an updated Bourns part from Digikey (basically the same spec). Part numbers came up easily enough searching manufacturer web site.

I didn't need to use the caps on the replacement, though I think they're generally a good idea, and do get used on other designs too.

The tactile (not tactical) switches should be simple enough to source. Have you disassembled your sampler yet? Normally these would be normally open momentary push buttons. I often grab generic parts from local suppliers for these things, as long as the dimensions match, and the spring action and housing feels sturdy.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

can anyone suggest a replacement tactile switch for e-mu eiiix?
Old 12th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
You can install new encoder but it will most likely have the same issues.

Install 2 capacitors of 1uF value as described in here:
E-MU fix
I've made PCBs for the older style PC414 encoder boards with integrated capacitors. In my experience it's easier to remove the three pin header than it is to desolder the whole encoder.

I'm still trying to get sight of a PC10395 board of the style you've pictured here so I can take measurements and make some of those up too.

Ray
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search