The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Zoom MS-70CDR
Old 31st July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Difool View Post
Can you load all the effects from the StompShare app into the MS-100bt and then you don't need the app anymore?
Or is there not enough room for them?
I'm almost 100 percent sure there isn't enough room for them all ...

In fact, after going through MS-100BT and MS-70CDR I found several worthwhile effects not on my "personally" loaded MS-100BT ... The problem is that the effects that come with the 100BT (like amp sims) *cannot* be deleted from the pedal ... So at some point you have to make choices about the rest ...

Last edited by Diametro; 31st July 2017 at 06:12 AM..
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear

wow, this small piece of equipment is awesome. I'm stunned.

the MS70 is connected as an Aux on my Roland MX1 so i can dial in the effects to my TB03 or System 8 synth.

I love it I love it.

I have a situation. I'm new to pedals as this is my very first pedal. I cannot set my tempo. For example, if my track is at 125 bpm how do I dial it in? Yes the tap tempo is working but is not hitting 125. On other processors, I can dial in the tempo. BTW, I haven't updated the firmware because I had no idea the USB cable is a MINI B(already ordered it).

thanks
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear

Yes this pedal is great, I have since added a couple more too, a Behringer VP1 and em600, and a Nux Mod Core, have mine hooked upto patchbay so can use them as I wish )
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
wow, this small piece of equipment is awesome. I'm stunned.

the MS70 is connected as an Aux on my Roland MX1 so i can dial in the effects to my TB03 or System 8 synth.

I love it I love it.

I have a situation. I'm new to pedals as this is my very first pedal. I cannot set my tempo. For example, if my track is at 125 bpm how do I dial it in? Yes the tap tempo is working but is not hitting 125. On other processors, I can dial in the tempo. BTW, I haven't updated the firmware because I had no idea the USB cable is a MINI B(already ordered it).

thanks
From what I understand, you can't dial in the tempo, which is pretty strange considering otherwise this is a very well-thought-out pedal ...
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametro View Post
From what I understand, you can't dial in the tempo, which is pretty strange considering otherwise this is a very well-thought-out pedal ...

wowwww, that's weird . So I guess, I'm going to use my ears then. No big deal. That can be a good thing.

BTW, I love the way my TB303 sounds going thru the MS70.. It adds this character. I also like the way it sounds using my Jupiter 8 plugout. I use the System 8 effects but the reverb on the MS70 is much better. I do like the delay on the System 8 though/and Distortion. System 8 compliments the MS70.

One can get that dark/mysterious ambient pads with this. I'm still learning it.

It's very easy to use as well.
Old 1st August 2017
Gear Maniac

got this pedal a few months ago and have been enjoying it. although i do have the same problem not being able to update it. Got to get a hold of that mini cable!! Any tips getting the best out of this pedal? I noticed some of the reverbs/delays sound metallic/too resonant when you push the wet and level knobs too much.
Old 2nd August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametro View Post
You can set tempo of the delay effects and many of the modulation effects of the MS-70CDR by footswitch or by hand with tap tempo, or dial in the value manually on the Tempo/Time setting of the patch in its settings pages. Page 16 and 17 in the manual.

The footswitch defaults to a tuner function but you can change it to Tap Tempo in the settings menu. Once you change this, you can hold down the footswitch for about a second, and Tap Tempo pops up.
Old 2nd August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
wowwww, that's weird . So I guess, I'm going to use my ears then. No big deal. That can be a good thing.
Yeah, it's not like it has a MIDI input anyway ... so you're not going to get super tight tempo modulations ...

Honestly, I haven't set the tempo once on it (kind of forgot you could until this thread) and it always sounds excellent to me ...
Old 18th October 2018
Lives for gear

I guess I didn't read the post above ... Good to know there's a way to manually input tempo lol as I've just picked up my third one (counting MS-100Bt as one of the three) ...

I bought a Drum Brute Impact about a month ago and I've been trying to get my pedal lineup beefed up for it ... The DBI has five outputs and I'll have three Zoom multistomps, a EHX Holy Stain and, for now, a large, ugly looking Digitech RP350 that I got for free years ago and never really used (strange thing that I am actually quite liking the sound coming out of it, though; the zoom stomp is going to sit on its expression pedal.)

For weeks, I hemmed and hawed on one of the smallest purchases ... At various points I was considering the Hotone Xtomp and Xtomp Mini, Zoom G1x (which is basically an unattractive and plastic slightly less powerful MS70CDR for half the money), Boss ME-80. Even considered another H9 Core (which I will get), but *this* stomp was for the Drum Brute Impact setup and when I used the H9 on one of its outputs, it was really just overkill for one percussion instrument ...

And then when it came down to it, the Zoom stomp just offers more flexibility when it comes to creatively coming up with an effects chain to f-up the percussion source ...

So ... the Zoom MS-70CDR is a great box for small dollhairs ... tons of good/great effects in all categories, huge flexibility in chaining of effects (something really no other stomp does), great UI once you wrap ur head around it, and again very nice price ...
Old 19th October 2018
Lives for gear

Following the same line, does anyone know if the bass version (MS60B) work on synths?

I would like to put my monologue or rocket in it, if it does work on synths that is...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search