The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Elektron Analog Four + Ableton Live Questions
Old 13th October 2013
Elektron Analog Four + Ableton Live Questions

Hi guys!

Despite having a lot of synthesizers I am a virgin in what matters to external sequencers.

Im having some difficulties pairing A4 and Ableton Live.

If i create a midi clip in Ableton and send the notes to the A4, everything syncs perfectly in time...but the sequencer starts to play at the same time of the notes. I have to press stop on A4 so he could just keep playing the midi notes.
This might be something related to the clock settings on the a4.

Another thing:
Whenever I press play on ableton, the sequencer starts playing too.
I would like to be able to set him up to start only in a certain point of the arrangement...but, how the hell do i do that?
How do i trigger a sequence in the daw? Im just able to trigger midi notes so I dont make a clue on how to do this.

As ive said, midi notes sync perfectly but the sequencer is completely out of sync when pressing play on ableton.

Bottom line:
How do i trigger sequences in sync and in a specific arrangment time in ableton to a4?

Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013
Gear Head

Hi, i find it much easier to connect the A4 to ableton as an audio channel... i play with the A4 and when i like something i just record it in Ableton...and then process the audio file more if needed... the midi thing with A4 & Ableton is kind of... i dont know, seems like too much hassle.
Old 23rd November 2013
Gear Maniac

MIDI implementation on the A4 is a joke! Lets hope it gets fixed soon in the next OS update.
Old 23rd November 2013
Lives for gear
try turning off the midi transport receive in the A$'s global menu. Or just open your kit on an empty pattern.
Old 24th November 2013
Lives for gear

I find this case with most outboard and DAW. I prefer to automate and adjust my audio waves manually anyway for looser live feel. Now if working inside the box midi is the bomb.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search