The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Looper with following criteria
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Head

Looper with following criteria

My friend and I have been trying to find a good looper for us to jam with. He's a more traditional musician (keys primarily, but also guitar) and I primarily use the monomachine with a sampler/synths connected. We first purchased a RC-300 and didn't like that it couldn't be slaved to the monomachine. So we went with the EHX45000 and he didn't like the fact that it didn't allow for different length of loops, undo, and no display of tempo. We also had issues with syncing (monomachine as master) in that it would drift after a few bars. We looked at the Pigtronix Infinity but felt that 2 loops per memory slot / 18 loops (9 memory slots x 2 loops) in all wouldn't be enough.

Now we're thinking of going back to the RC-300 and let that be the master for sync while deactivating transport on the monomachine so it doesn't get stopped when his loops start/stop. Anyway, any further recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Head

You might consider using LoopyHD with an iPad. Almost all actions are midi bindable. Works great as master or slave. Has a visual metronome. Pair it with an Akai EIE interface and the midi triggering device of your choice and you are in business.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Have you considered the Ableton Live looper?
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Head

LoopyHD seems good, but he'd have to get an iPad, midi interface, "and" a foot controller.

Ableton would require a laptop and the software itself, just a bit too much for what we're looking for.

I just took a look at the RC-505 and that might fit the bill except that he wouldn't be able to control it with his feet. We might just pull the trigger on the RC-300 again and make it work this time.
Old 14th October 2013
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...atibility.html

Not sure but this might work for you. The Octatrack would have to be the master but it plays nice with other gear.
Video near the end of the thread demonstrates practical application of my footswitch.
Also not sure what your budget is. This setup wasn't cheap.
Hope this helps...
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughtrhaus View Post
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...atibility.html

Not sure but this might work for you. The Octatrack would have to be the master but it plays nice with other gear.
Video near the end of the thread demonstrates practical application of my footswitch.
Also not sure what your budget is. This setup wasn't cheap.
Hope this helps...
Since this is for my buddy, I really don't think he'd wanna delve that far down the rabbit hole. He's looking for something pretty immediate, non-convoluted, and fairly cheap ($600 max).

We had some success using the RC-300, but he has to be master. Also, every time he stopped a loop, it'd stop my sequencer (monomachine). So I think if we just turn off transport for the monomachine, we'll be able to use the R-C-300 as master with no issue.

*fingers crossed*
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search