The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Does anybody know how people create acapella versions that sound this clean?
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Addict

Does anybody know how people create acapella versions that sound this clean?

https://soundcloud.com/remix-chart/i...all-night-near

anyone know how this was done? you can hear the delay trails and everything. definitely something going on here that is much more than the standard tricks Ive heard such as flipping the phase and combining and simple eq
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

lots of auto tune, lots of compression, PROBABLY some type of "Exciter" on there also. does not sound special to me.

IMHO, rather UNspecial. I'm sick of hearing people that CAN'T actually hit notes, make music because they auto tune it. Remember, I qualified that with: "IMHO" it's not truth, it is my personal feeling and opinion.
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
lots of auto tune, lots of compression, PROBABLY some type of "Exciter" on there also. does not sound special to me.

IMHO, rather UNspecial. I'm sick of hearing people that CAN'T actually hit notes, make music because they auto tune it. Remember, I qualified that with: "IMHO" it's not truth, it is my personal feeling and opinion.
actually you misunderstood me. I wasnt talking about the vocal production itself, I was wondering how they separated the vocal track from the original song?

this is the original part http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...uNJLlq8eQ#t=89 starts at 1:30

you can hear there are a couple musical elements on top of the vocal part, yet this acapella clip I found online is very clean. I actually keep hearing acapella tracks like this one (nearly perfect yet not a real soloed out acapella from the original session) and that is what prompted my question. has there has been some breakthrough in the last few years for analyzing a song and being able to solo certain elements that I do not know about?

here is another example https://soundcloud.com/bestacapellas...safe-and-sound
very clean sounding, but there is no official acapella for either of these songs so they had to be made by these guys that are trying to sell them. the question is how did they make them?
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s34nsm411 View Post
actually you misunderstood me. I wasnt talking about the vocal production itself, I was wondering how they separated the vocal track from the original song?
They didn't. They acquired the original track.

Quote:
there is no official acapella for either of these songs
A lot of this is simple networking, not studio trickery.
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
They didn't. They acquired the original track.

A lot of this is simple networking, not studio trickery.
are you sure? cause I dont think they would want these websites trying to sell them for money and I cant find them anywhere else
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
are you sure? cause I dont think they would want these websites trying to sell them for money and I cant find them anywhere else
Well, if they're selling it legitimately, they recreated them from scratch (I haven't heard the original track.) Otherwise, some magical center channel removal technique isn't going to make it any more legal to resell content you don't own.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Melodyne dna?

Sent from my LG-VS700
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosium View Post
Well, if they're selling it legitimately, they recreated them from scratch (I haven't heard the original track.) Otherwise, some magical center channel removal technique isn't going to make it any more legal to resell content you don't own.
its definitely the original vocal tracks, not a cover. so he must have got it somewhere else off the internet, yet I cant find any trace of this quality acapella for these songs anywhere else. and im usually pretty darn good at googling

I suppose it's possible the guy that runs this could be an industry insider or has a friend with great connections that sends them to him so he can sell on his website but that seems kind of far fetched as well

check out the other acapellas this site has https://digitalmusicpool.com/new_releases/acapellas

most of them sound pretty damn good, yet with a little bit of noticeable artifacts in the very high end
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Addict

It can be done for some tunes , pain in the ass simple for some . YouTube and google different ways to make accApellaz
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Roland R-Mix?
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer View Post
Roland R-Mix?
ultimately I think this website did just aggregate a bunch of acapellas found online and I havent looked hard enough to find them. I cant come up with any other answer... the acapellas are too clean to be created from the original master

but that r-mix program does look pretty sweet. I tried making some acapellas with a similar vst called quikquak mashtactic and they still had very noticeable artifacting (although it did work pretty decently for the opposite process, taking the vocal out)
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

will have to check that site out, thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100P
Old 26th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
its definitely the original vocal tracks, not a cover. so he must have got it somewhere else off the internet, yet I cant find any trace of this quality acapella for these songs anywhere else. and im usually pretty darn good at googling

I suppose it's possible the guy that runs this could be an industry insider or has a friend with great connections that sends them to him so he can sell on his website but that seems kind of far fetched as well
It's infinitely less far-fetched than the idea that someone has a special software or technique that runs counter to what we know about audio processing, and they're using it for this end-result.
Old 26th October 2013
Lives for gear

sometimes they are just available for remixing, maybe not to the public and get leaked or something

definitely not stripping those from a full mix, impossible.
Old 26th October 2013
Lives for gear
Sounds like the acapella.

I haven't heard that song, but you don't hear clips that clean without having the stems lol

Sent from my SGH-T999
Old 26th October 2013
Gear Nut

it could be the m-s phase cancelling trick between instrumental and full mix.

it just works with great with some tunes and not at all with others.
Old 26th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambitz View Post

Not ~that~ level of great.
Old 27th October 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambitz View Post

I would say this is way too clean.

Sent from my SGH-T999
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search