The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
D16 Drumazon Question
Old 12th October 2013
Lives for gear

D16 Drumazon Question

Hey guys

Just wondered if anyone using Drumazon can help me out.

Im wanting to start using it and want to use the internal step sequencer.

However it seems if i want to sequence internally it dosent read from the DAW.

So how to i tell it when i want it to play in my overall song? it just seems to be always on or always off!

Do i have to bounce it to audio or is there a way to trigger when its playing / which pattern it plays?

Thanks for any help the few youtube vids ive watched didnt help!
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

It should work if you enable Host Mode and turn off Int Seq in the top let corner. Set the tempo the same as your DAW.

You have to click on pattern and type in a pattern number to assign each pattern to a midi key.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
It should work if you enable Host Mode and turn off Int Seq in the top let corner. Set the tempo the same as your DAW.

You have to click on pattern and type in a pattern number to assign each pattern to a midi key.
thanks but if you turn off int sequencer its not going to let me use the 16 step which is what i want?

or do you mean i need to make a sequence, save it, put it in to those settings and just play long midi notes in the daw to trigger the patterns for X ammount of time then change note to change pattern? which seems long and annoying!
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

I meant int. sync sorry. Int seq should be on. You can make a sequence for each key on your keyboard. I love the sound of it but it is fiddly to use.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I meant int. sync sorry. Int seq should be on. You can make a sequence for each key on your keyboard. I love the sound of it but it is fiddly to use.
cheers, just wondering, how do i know which key on the keyboard my pattern is on? there just seems to be presets on everything!
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

It's empty for me unless I choose a preset. I think pattern 1 starts on C1.
and now I'm sober, if you disable int seq. this should allow you to use the piano roll to draw in patterns instead.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's empty for me unless I choose a preset. I think pattern 1 starts on C1.
and now I'm sober, if you disable int seq. this should allow you to use the piano roll to draw in patterns instead.
Cheers yea i was hoping to use the step sequencer as i quite like how it works.

Issue im having is getting the pattern to trigger only at certain points in the track.

So i have my pattern on my key, i run the midi note for the duration of the section of the track (say 16bars) that i want, but then it dosent turn off after...

How am i meant to write when it plays its internal sequence in my DAW?

Cheers for your help its a bit of a complicated VST
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Sorry pattern one is C-1 in Logic. The pattern will end if you add another midi note where you want it to stop.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry pattern one is C-1 in Logic. The pattern will end if you add another midi note where you want it to stop.
cool ive got the hang of it, thanks!
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Having some fun with it now too. Routing the kick to output 2 into a Valhalla Room Hall and everything else to output 3 into D16 Devastator.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Having some fun with it now too. Routing the kick to output 2 into a Valhalla Room Hall and everything else to output 3 into D16 Devastator.
out of interest when you just want 1 element of the pattern, say the clap playing on its own, do you keep the same pattern and automate mutes on all the outputs? or is there a better way
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Make a new pattern but either would work, could just automate Clap Solo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search