The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
synths with stereo audio filtering, Poly Evolver, moonwind, Elektron A4, SE CODE 8?
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Head
Analogue solutions have come out with some new modules called medic modules. The defibrillator seems to be a souped up ms-20 filter.

Defibrillator | Medic Modules

I intend to order a dual defibrillator filter system from analogue solutions today or tomorrow. It is time to go modular
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Look into the OTO Biscuit.
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Addict

If you're looking for a stereo filter that's based on the MS-20 filter there's also the Intellijel Korgasmatron II. Post Modular in the UK carry them.
Old 15th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by krushing View Post
The Drop is still in beta though, and has been for a long time.
As far as I'm concerned that just means it's going to get even better with time!

I use it on pretty much every tune, and I've never had a problem with it.
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Let yourself go and get into the eurocrack. Filters galore. Anything else is pussyfooting.

I think I will. So would I need 2 Envelope followers like a Doepfer A119?
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyziggyk View Post
You will need a bag of money, a few weeks on net research (Muffwiggler for reading/youtube for listening) to get your head into what's out there and which bits are good and which not so much.....oh, and an understanding woman.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
You will need 2x everything (filters, VCA), not just the Doepfer A-119.
I had one in my old modular (along with many different VCFs, Doepfer has some brilliant options).

Works just fine.

Although with the A-190-1 MIDI to CV converter you can automate your preferred VCF's cut-off and do one channel at a time to process stereo sources. Major pain and time consuming, but it can be done.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear
Love my Filter Factory. The two pole stereo mode is nice and smooth and the 4 pole mono mode is nice and nasty.
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarios View Post
You will need 2x everything (filters, VCA), not just the Doepfer A-119.
I had one in my old modular (along with many different VCFs, Doepfer has some brilliant options).

Works just fine.

Although with the A-190-1 MIDI to CV converter you can automate your preferred VCF's cut-off and do one channel at a time to process stereo sources. Major pain and time consuming, but it can be done.
Thanks
Major brain fart

I'd been about analogue solutions and they don't do envelope followers (and I reckon the filter they do will be fine as the filtered coffee they made years ago sounds amazing), so I was for some reason asking about doepfer followers, which I doesnt really make sense.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Voyager definitely has a stereo filter
true, however it has a mono inputs:

EXTERNAL AUDIO IN:
This is an unbalanced 1?4” TS input that accepts any instrument or line level signal and routes the signal to the Mixer. A dedicated EXTERNAL input control on the Mixer adjusts the signal level.

MIXER OUT/FILTER IN:
This is a 1?4” TRS jack that is used for inserting a processing device between the Voyager’s Mixer and Filters. The tip is the send and the ring is the return (see the illustration on page 19).
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unless you're processing 2 dramatically different signals, you will be fine using a single envelope follower to modulate filters processing both sides of the signal. I almost never bother to use 2 followers when processing stereo sources with the modular.
Old 24th October 2013
I have a sherman restyler, works great. Not the cheapest tough, and a little weird.
Old 26th October 2013
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTByrd View Post
Unless you're processing 2 dramatically different signals, you will be fine using a single envelope follower to modulate filters processing both sides of the signal. I almost never bother to use 2 followers when processing stereo sources with the modular.
Thanks for the information; I'll keep that in mind.
Old 26th October 2013
Gear Head
I don't suppose anyone knows whether the Alesis Ion/Micron Akai Miniak has envelope followers for external audio?

I just cannot bring myself to spend so much money on a modular filter system yet.

Had a go with a mono evolver and it's just too precise sounding for me. The ms-20 filters have this sketchiness to the followers that I just love.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search