The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trapstep is the new Dubstep Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Trapstep is the new Dubstep

I've been noticing how big of an impact Trap has made in the dubstep community. If you are into the whole EDM/TRAP Scene I know you've been noticing it as well. Big artist who I know were known for Dubstep, Trance, & House etc are slowly crossing over into the trap world, and making a really big impact. I think its cool to see how music is evolving . Anyone care to share any comments or insight on the subject.
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

iono..all of that **** needs to get the STEPpin
Old 25th September 2013
Its already getting played out man, It took over more than a year ago, TNGHT, UZ, Flosstradomus been killing it
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

anything with the word "scene" attached to it gets played out....it's inevitable
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Citi View Post
Its already getting played out man, It took over more than a year ago, TNGHT, UZ, Flosstradomus been killing it
I think so too. The top of it was Harlem Shake.
Old 25th September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.S.E View Post
I think so too. The top of it was Harlem Shake.
O ya forgot about Bauuer, You are right that song will be the one that people remember in 10 yrs
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches View Post
iono..all of that **** needs to get the STEPpin
There are defiantly some talented artist u just gotta how to weed them out. I don't think trapstep will be going anywhere anytime soon. The musical transtion i see is Trapstep EDM over taking the Trap Hip -hop sub genre, and at the same time lyrical rap with lyrical content with samples with the traditional hip-hop sound are making a strong comeback.
Old 25th September 2013
Gear maniac

I really am not a fan of this genre because it's usually all the same but some songs I really like like the No Hands remix by CRNKN.

The reason it's dying so fast is because NO ONE DOES ANYTHING DIFFERENT.
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rdyd View Post
There are defiantly some talented artist u just gotta how to weed them out. I don't think trapstep will be going anywhere anytime soon. The musical transtion i see is Trapstep EDM over taking the Trap Hip -hop sub genre, and at the same time lyrical rap with lyrical content with samples with the traditional hip-hop sound are making a strong comeback.
It's not about talent.. it's just that it's dying.. because most tracks sound the same anyway... And because it is so easy to make you get flooded by similar tracks quite easily. There is no barrier of entry to that "genre".

You can still take some elements from the genre/subgenre and incorporate it in your productions but imho, it's highly unlikely that the genre is going to be prevalent in the future if it stays like that. There needs to be an element of technical difficulty/musical difficulty to really weed people out.
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's not about talent.. it's just that it's dying.. because most tracks sound the same anyway... And because it is so easy to make you get flooded by similar tracks quite easily. There is no barrier of entry to that "genre".

You can still take some elements from the genre/subgenre and incorporate it in your productions but imho, it's highly unlikely that the genre is going to be prevalent in the future if it stays like that. There needs to be an element of technical difficulty/musical difficulty to really weed people out.
One more time ......
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:

I understand what you saying, but its just not accurate. Some of the biggest artist/producers in the music game right now have already crossed over implementing all kinds of musicical influences into their music. It sounds like you trying to use your own personal opinion and trying to gain merit through it. If you've been to any club in any major city lately you would find it hard to argue what I've stated as a matter of opinion. Simple and plain this genre will do nothing but continue to gain steam because its very club orientated and the possibilities are endless from a composing standpoint.
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

why the **** is this in the hiphop section? this should be in the electronic sub forum. KNOW YOUR GENRES. I'm 28.
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatski View Post
why the **** is this in the hiphop section? this should be in the electronic sub forum. KNOW YOUR GENRES. I'm 28.
Trap step evolved from Trap which evolved from hip-hop. but thanks for stating your 28
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Trap step evolved from Trap which evolved from hip-hop. but thanks for stating your 28
trapstep has nothing to do with the hiphop scene just because it borrows elements from trap. I'm stating my ages because you're probably 15 and doesn't have a clue.
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
trapstep has nothing to do with the hiphop scene just because it borrows elements from trap. I'm stating my ages because you're probably 15 and doesn't have a clue.
I'm not even going to entertain your ignorance but thanks for sharing your comments i guess
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not even going to entertain your ignorance but thanks for sharing your comments i guess
MY ignorance? you're probably one of those kids that think, because it's got rapping over it, that makes it 'hiphop'
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

if it makes you feel better and you'll stop whining we can just pretend you won, congrats
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
if it makes you feel better and you'll stop whining we can just pretend you won, congrats
Ok, seriously, who is this guy?

bit of a difference between education and whining....
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Ok, seriously, who is this guy?

bit of a difference between education and whining....
Post your music and we can see who knows what. My information is posted & im sure i have better music and a better following than you. I didn't start this thread for the producers who can't adapt to change to come complain.
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I didn't start this thread for the producers who can't adapt to change to come complain.

Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

how convenient that you didn't post your music though... u some how missed that part of the message?
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
how convenient that you didn't post your music though... u some how missed that part of the message?
No sorry no music yet. My main job is to defend real hiphop against teenagers like you. all of whom think trapSTEP is now 'hiphop'
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

This is actually an EDM forum topic and is really old news to boot.

B.A.S.E comments are realistic and on point, thats just how music scenes work and when the bar for entry is set as low as it is for this one, it's really only a matter of time.

But maybe move this to the edm forum where it belongs so you can make the most of such a fruitful discussion.
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
No sorry no music yet. My main job is to defend real hiphop against teenagers like you. all of whom think trapSTEP is now 'hiphop'
coming from a dude whose 1 post away from his 1200th post who doesn't have any music "yet" ill take that as a compliment or a really convenient cop-out
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
coming from a dude whose 1 post away from his 1200th post who doesn't have any music "yet" ill take that as a compliment or a really convenient cop-out
Old 25th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:

I thought u said you didnt have any music yet i found your myspace too.. why did u lie?
Old 26th September 2013
Quote:
This type of attitude makes me sick...

This is exactly the reason why every single time Im a part of a show in Vegas Its either people performing all trap music and when an artist gets up there to do some Boom Bap, everyone leaves the stage area regardless of how dope it is, or vice versa. Why does it have to be this divide and conquer BS?

The top artists in the game right now, Kendrick, Drake, Jay z, Kanye, Macklemore, or whoever you want to name get on all types of beats and appeal to mass audiences? wouldn't it be smart to follow that blueprint?
Old 26th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Citi View Post
This type of attitude makes me sick...

This is exactly the reason why every single time Im a part of a show in Vegas Its either people performing all trap music and when an artist gets up there to do some Boom Bap, everyone leaves the stage area regardless of how dope it is, or vice versa. Why does it have to be this divide and conquer BS?

The top artists in the game right now, Kendrick, Drake, Jay z, Kanye, Macklemore, or whoever you want to name get on all types of beats and appeal to mass audiences? wouldn't it be smart to follow that blueprint?
I'd say trap is hiphop though, I see it as an evolution of from 'Miami bass' through to Crunk and now onto Trap.
Trapstep? I think that's taking it too far away from the hiphop world. I can see why people like it though.
Old 26th September 2013
Lives for gear

So I take it from the context that this was in the hip-hop subforum and got kicked into the electronic music subforum? We don't want it either.

Trapstep was a joke already a long time ago. I think the consensus here was that the new next big thing was going to be anusstep or something.

EDIT, I think it was decided somewhere in here...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...enre-what.html
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...edm-genre.html

Last edited by Brainchild; 26th September 2013 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: important references for scholars
Old 26th September 2013
Lives for gear

cool thread....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search