The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Tranzistow Synthesizer Demo
Old 1 day ago
Errm ... It's too close to the edges for my taste

I will label them "Morph/Pre" and "Morph/Post".
Attached Thumbnails
Tranzistow Synthesizer Demo-morphpost.png  
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

@ tangent , just replaced it with you file , still doesn't work ( renamed as *.ini) , yes I named it correctly , otherwise there would be no miniature cogwheel icon
I give up , I will have too get used to the fluorescent green

Last edited by gentleclockdivid; 1 day ago at 09:57 AM..
Old 1 day ago
In regard to Tranzistow.ini ... It must be placed next to the Tranzistow32.dll and Tranzistow64.dll. If you have those DLLs in more then one folder then Tranzistow.ini must be placed in each folder.

You can also place it in C:\Users\<YourWindowsUserName>\AppData\Local\Tranzistow folder in which case it takes precedence and all other INI files are ignored. It's in the PDF.

Those Tim's files are OK but you have to remove # in front of parameters you want to use.
Old 1 day ago
Yul
Gear Addict

hello! Quick question please on QFM. Has anyone found a way to dial in ratio integer values quickly without using the num pad? Like FM8 has increments arrows etc.. thanks!!
Old 1 day ago
No, unfortunately. But actually a good idea, I'll se what I can do.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Hrast thanks for the info regarding the Morph Button, and yes EvilDragons suggestion to rename the button would be useful so thanks for that. Anyway, I will note this in my Tranzistow Tips file in case

Last edited by t_tangent; 1 day ago at 01:14 PM..
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I used evil dragon's orange theme , also pasted the code in your ini file etc..
Tried lot's of stuff , searched the whole pc for Tranzistow.ini , no files found except the one I put in the vst folder
Old 1 day ago
Attach your INI here. Change extension to TXT because INI files cannot be attached directly.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

By the way, you mentioned that you had figured out phase modulation for FM. Would it be possible to attach a preset you have that shows how this works, rename it to txt version and paste it here. Thanks.

Last edited by t_tangent; 1 day ago at 01:11 PM..
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Did anyone suggest a permissions issue?
Old 1 day ago
I thought about it but Tranzistow only reads the INI file. Only if some new Windows security setting permits reading INI from Program Files or something like that.

You can put Tranzistow.ini into C:\Users\<YourWindowsUserName>\AppData\Local\Tranzistow folder. Replace <YourWindowsUserName> with you Windows user name. Create this folder because it most likely doesn't exist.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

It seems that routing 3 operators parallel into a 1 carrier is not possible , since the maximum of inputs is 2 operators
What tranzistow does is it uses another operator as a container/adder which yields different results
Example : operator A (carrier ) , operator B,C,D are modulators going parallel into A
Tranzistor will Route B into A , and then will Route C,D into another operator 'E' which in turn will go into the second input of A . ( E is function as an adder )
This would be no problem if E is just a mixer module , but it is an operator
I think this is the reason why certain dx patches sound totally different
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

If you use 4x4-OP [OPX] mode, you can do that. Then you use FMRoute>1/2/3/4 sliders on QFM/2 tab.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrastProgrammer View Post
Attach your INI here. Change extension to TXT because INI files cannot be attached directly.
here you go
Attached Files
File Type: txt Tranzistow.txt (216 Bytes, 4 views)
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_tangent View Post
That's very strange. I am out of ideas why that wouldnt work. What Windows OS are you using. Perhaps your Windows OS is associating the .ini file with some other program, although I can't think why that would make a difference? Other than that, perhaps someone else might have an idea why it's not working for you. Sorry my ideas didnt help.

By the way, you mentioned that you had figured out phase modulation for FM. Would it be possible to attach a preset you have that shows how this works, rename it to txt version and paste it here. Thanks.
I don't think the user registration has anyhting to do with it , since diodow ini file works
Using win 10
Simple fm bass
Attached Files
File Type: txt Fmbass 1.txt (718 Bytes, 4 views)
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

**** ME SIDEWAYS .
There was still an ini file in locall app data ,
Everythig's good now , sorry for waisting your valuable time
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

LOL, thought it had to be something simple, but good to know you got it sorted. I can delete some of my posts now to clear up the thread, haha

Last edited by t_tangent; 1 day ago at 01:25 PM..
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

I spend the last hour creating this massive fm patch , upon saving the patch , my host ( regular windows pop up ) gives a warning it can not save the patch .
Old 12 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
It seems that routing 3 operators parallel into a 1 carrier is not possible , since the maximum of inputs is 2 operators
What tranzistow does is it uses another operator as a container/adder which yields different results
Example : operator A (carrier ) , operator B,C,D are modulators going parallel into A
Tranzistor will Route B into A , and then will Route C,D into another operator 'E' which in turn will go into the second input of A . ( E is function as an adder )
This would be no problem if E is just a mixer module , but it is an operator
I think this is the reason why certain dx patches sound totally different
You have to use "FM input" of E as the second input of A. FM inputs are adders. So, for example, instead of using "Operator4" as input, you have to use "Operator4FM".
Attached Thumbnails
Tranzistow Synthesizer Demo-qfmix.png  
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Perfect
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Nut

Hi Hrast,

I was following the last few posts on QFM, in particular your last one about FMInput, but when I tried this I noticed a small issue when trying to select Operator1, Operator2, 3 4 etc in the FMInput slot on QFM 1 page.

If I try to select Operator1 it loads FilterB4 instead, Operator2 3 4 & 5 load Comb1 2 3 & 4, Operator6 7 & 8 load Amplifier1 2 & 3

Each time I would try this it would load those inputs. But then I had a feeling this might be due to the Edit command I have in my Tranzistow.ini file

ComboSort=1

And sure enough, when I disabled ComboSort in the ini file and restarted Tranzistow then I was able to load the correct Operator1 Operator2 etc in the FMInput.

I tested this on both Tranzistow VST and also Hrastow with the same result, but disabling ComboSort in each of their ini files fixed it.

It's not a big deal, but ComboSort can be quite useful at times so I was wondering if when you have some time could you look into this. Thanks.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search