The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Tranzistow Synthesizer Demo
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I have Hrastow working nicely alongside Reaper using LoopMIDI for midi from Reaper to Hrastow, and using Reaper's ReaRoute ASIO from Hrastow back to Reaper tracks. I wrote a short tutorial on how to create a simple setup for those who might find it useful, and have sent that to Hrast, so hopefully he will post that up on his site.
Old 1 week ago
I received quite a lot of mails, so I will relax this a bit. I reworked Tranzistow and it can now be loaded in both Hrastow and VST hosts. Just download the latest package (uploaded today) and copy those DLLs into your VST plugins folder so they can be used by the host. Also copy TranzistowPatches and TranzistowWaves folders.

But, and a big BUT - if it doesn't work (or doesn't work well) with a particular host then bad luck, sorry.

Hrast
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Sadly it brings down every host ( renoise ,reaper, studio one ) before drawing tranzistow gui ,as you said I don't expect any fixes .
But , If I buy tranzistow ,could you provide tranzistow vst that did work ( the one that was available on the site before the big changes )

cheers
Old 1 week ago
The problem is I cannot reproduce this. Can you contact me by mail so we can try to find the cause?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Live actually gets to a popup that says "Out of memory" - it's not an OS popup, it's generated by Tranzistow using its color scheme.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Live actually gets to a popup that says "Out of memory" - it's not an OS popup, it's generated by Tranzistow using its color scheme.
Hi EvilDragon,

If you mean Out of Global Memory error, I was also having that issue, even though I have plenty of RAM free. I contacted Hrast about this and he suggested to add an entry to Tranzistow.ini file,

[Engine]
Memory=4096

This worked for me and I can now load any preset in all 8 parts without issues.
Please see the Editor Options in Tranzistow.ini pdf I have attached below for a more detailed explanation from Hrast

But if its a different error you are getting then ignore my post and better to ask Hrast.

Last edited by t_tangent; 1 week ago at 12:55 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Same problem here , despite the suggestions by hrast , the vst brings down any host upon loading
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I am uploading a couple of pdf files here which might be of help to other users. One is a brief tutorial on using Hrastow standalone alongside Reaper, and the other is a list of Tranzistow.ini commands I have gathered from various places over time. Hope this is of some use, and if you find anything that is incorrect, please let me know so I can update accordingly.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...1&d=1568375146

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...1&d=1568375146
Attached Files
Old 1 week ago
During the weekend I will prepare a new version based on the older engine with new features downported from the latest build.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You sir are a gemstone
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_tangent View Post
Hi EvilDragon,

If you mean Out of Global Memory error
No, I wrote how it showed up. Out of memory. That's all. The older Tranzistow version opens just fine on the very same machine (even if it only has 8 GB of RAM).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Ah, ok, sorry I couldn’t help. Anyway I see Hrast has posted he will do an update soon so hopefully that will
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Great softsynt , but LFO sorta to slow, assume the 12k sample rate is all modulations sources. Any chance to up this a bit?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonfocius View Post
Great softsynt , but LFO sorta to slow, assume the 12k sample rate is all modulations sources. Any chance to up this a bit?
You can modulate practically anything with anything, so if you’re looking for audiorate modulation, use one of the (lighter weight) oscillators.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Yes, and also don't forget that if you hold down Alt when you left click and drag the sliders for many of the parameters you can set the value way beyond the defaults. Or you can just double click on the parameter value, for example LFO Rate "1" and enter a higher value in the calculator type window that appears, such as 25, 50, 200, 500, etc
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vze26m98 View Post
You can modulate practically anything with anything, so if you’re looking for audiorate modulation, use one of the (lighter weight) oscillators.
Yes i know that but i assume LFO is the most lightweight due to plain phase accumulator and LUT compared to anything else interpolating. .

I was surprised Diodow runs on old 2003, 4G machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_tangent View Post
Yes, and also don't forget that if you hold down Alt when you left click and drag the sliders for many of the parameters you can set the value way beyond the defaults. Or you can just double click on the parameter value, for example LFO Rate "1" and enter a higher value in the calculator type window that appears, such as 25, 50, 200, 500, etc
Ah, didnt know that, thanks for info, will try it out!

EDIT: It works!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can extend the parameter range while holding the ALT key
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vze26m98 View Post
Hmmm, no OSC to VCF FM unfortunately. Anyhow i like the brutal simplicity, no frekking UI bling all over the place!
But it would have been nice able to chose sliders vertical! Unfortunately i noticed a terrible grinding artefart if LFO modulates PAN already at speed 10 particularly on audio files and it becomes worse if higher speed.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hmmm, no OSC to VCF FM unfortunately.
Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you look on Mixer/FM tab, on the right 4 columns about half way down there is Filter FM section where you can add Osc Input then modulate

Quote:
i noticed a terrible grinding artefart if LFO modulates PAN already at speed 10 particularly on audio files and it becomes worse if higher speed.
I cant seem to replicate this. Perhaps if you could save and upload a preset here that we could try and see if we get the same thing, then if its a bug or something, the dev may be able to fix it.

In case you cant actually upload a preset file here, just save a preset and then find the preset in Windows Explorer and open in Notepad, then just copy the text and paste it here. (Hint: If you hold down Alt while pressing the Save button on the Patch/FX page it will act like Save As, then you can choose a name and location for the preset.)

Edit: I've removed the text scripting for the preset I had originally posted here since I see that Hrast has now posted a preset below.

Last edited by t_tangent; 6 days ago at 09:39 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Of course. LFOs can go up to around 12kHz. Click on the LFO Rate value and enter the rate you want directly.

For high LFO rates you'll have to increase modulation rate (ModRate param on Patch/FX page, default = 8 meaning samplerate/8, can go up to 1 = sample rate or even 0 = oversample rate).
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Hmmm, no OSC to VCF FM unfortunately.
As Tim already wrote, there is Filter FM on Mixer/FM page. One audio rate input per each filter.

Quote:
But it would have been nice able to chose sliders vertical!
Hold left mouse button down and move mouse pointer vertically outside the slider - now you have the whole screen height at your disposal.

Quote:
Unfortunately i noticed a terrible grinding artefart if LFO modulates PAN already at speed 10 particularly on audio files and it becomes worse if higher speed.
I am not sure if I understand what do you mean by "particularly on audio files".

Try the attached patch (change extension to "hp" and load it into Tranzistow), it should modulate a pan nicely.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Panner_hp.txt (263 Bytes, 3 views)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think klonfucius is using/talking about diodow ( no osc-->filter FM ) instead of tranzistow and is using the lower update modulation matrix ( artifacts issue )
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Latest upload fixed the issue .
Any idea what caused the problem ?

edit : if this might be a small clue , the new (vst) version shows the donate screen and then dissapears after 2 seconds and loads/draws the gui
It seems that the version that crashed , didn't make it through the donate screen time out , might be a clue

Last edited by gentleclockdivid; 6 days ago at 11:59 PM..
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
I think klonfucius is using/talking about diodow ( no osc-->filter FM ) instead of tranzistow and is using the lower update modulation matrix ( artifacts issue )
Ah, sorry, didn't notice it's about Diodow. Yes, no Filter FM there. Diodow even didn't have FM initially and I later added freely routable FM between all oscillators.

Quote:
I was surprised Diodow runs on old 2003, 4G machine!
Yes, both Tranzistow and Diodow will run on SSE3 capable CPUs.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
Latest upload fixed the issue .
Any idea what caused the problem ?

edit : if this might be a small clue , the new (vst) version shows the donate screen and then dissapears after 2 seconds and loads/draws the gui
It seems that the version that crashed , didn't make it through the donate screen time out , might be a clue
Great!

I don't know yet but I now have all differences to compare between the old and new version, when I'll have more time.

I reverted the engine to older "Octoengine" and ported all synthesis features from the latest version. The new "Hexengine" developed during the last few months supports 16 multimode parts (available only in my private internal versions) and up to 32 voices per main-parts by borrowing voices from sub-parts (available in all versions). And that's where the problem lies, probably somewhere in the initialization code before creating the GUI.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrastProgrammer View Post
Of course. LFOs can go up to around 12kHz.
What? LFOs upto 12kHz? My hearing doesn't even go that high any more. LOL.

On a serious note, glad to see more is being done with your software. Looks good, but I will probably have to wait until I get a new computer before I can try the new versions. (Mine is from around 2011--but was new to me approx. 4 years ago.)

Best wishes,
Steve
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Can we please give hrastprogrammer a statue , his musical output is amazing

A humble genius , for sure
Old 5 days ago
Thank you. I'm really honored now.

Old 4 days ago
The problem has been fixed and the build restored to "Hexengine" again. EvilDragon tested and reported everything's OK.

With the latest build - those who donated can eliminate "donationware" messages by putting the following section into Tranzistow.ini:

[Hrastow]
ID=315714233
User=HrastProgrammer / Tranzistow - Donated

Those who didn't donate can do this as well because karma will catch up with them anyway
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Thanks Hrast for the latest update and ED for testing. Just installed it but had to go out so look forward to trying out when I get home. Thanks also for the donation ware remover. Hopefully those who get serious use from Hrastow will donate and all your hard work is certainly worthy of such. Thanks again for such an excellent synth.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search